• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Volimar

Hmm? Didn't the terrigen crystals kill people if they were touched or when the terrigen mist was released from within by breaking them? Isn't it the same terrigen mist that killed those people that got released into the oceans when the crystals deteriorated?

The diviner metal is what killed people. It literally "divined" who was genetically suited to becoming inhuman and killed anyone unworthy. When the terrigen crystals went to the bottom of the ocean, the terrigen dissolved but the diviner metal didn't. So the result is the fish oil will affect people who can become Inhumans but not affect anyone else at all.

dorikyasu

Terrigin Crystal = transformation agent. Harmless to humans.

Diviner metal = killifies humans. Harmless to inhumans.

The Crystals dissolved into the saltwater when they got chucked into the ocean, the metal didn't.

The diviner metal is what killed people. It literally "divined" who was genetically suited to becoming inhuman and killed anyone unworthy. When the terrigen crystals went to the bottom of the ocean, the terrigen dissolved but the diviner metal didn't. So the result is the fish oil will affect people who can become Inhumans but not affect anyone else at all.

So what killed Triplett then? Thought he kicked and broke the activated crystal and its shards got him, not Diviner metal pieces.

iosefe

So what killed Triplett then? Thought he kicked and broke the activated crystal and its shards got him, not Diviner metal pieces.

he died because he kicked it, it exploded, and a shard of diviner got lodged in his stomach.

he would be alive if he wasn't so reckless and assumed the worst, though it was a air play upon seeing them turn to "stone"

dorikyasu

Ok, so the crystal Jiaying used to kill Gonzales was infused with Diviner as well? If so, guess it was from different batch than the "pure" ones that sank to the bottom of the ocean and became fish food?

Edit: Also, what about the crystal that Coulson grabbed and turned his arm to ash?

Sorry for more questions, but faster to get answers here than going back and watching the S2 again.

iosefe

Ok, so the crystal Jiaying used to kill Gonzales was infused with Diviner as well? If so, guess if was from different batch than the "pure" ones that sank to the bottom of the ocean and became fish food?

Edit: Also, what about the crystal that Coulson grabbed and turned his arm to ash?

Sorry for more questions, but faster to get answers here than going back and watching the S2 again.

Diviner infused crystals. upon breaking small shards are sent in every which way, and contact is what you'd expect

SRG01

Ok, so the crystal Jiaying used to kill Gonzales was infused with Diviner as well? If so, guess it was from different batch than the "pure" ones that sank to the bottom of the ocean and became fish food?

She says that they melted down the old diviners to create new ones, but that the new ones have the metal fused inside. When these ones sank, it dissolved the terrigen but left the metal behind.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

No, the crystals all had diviner metal marbled throughout them. When they went into the water the crystal part dissolved into the water and the metal sank to the bottom of the ocean.

Tacitus_

So, speculation time: who were the other guys?

Most likely not Hydra since they can't have rebuild that fast. Avengers wouldn't jump to lethal force that fast. Military? Or a new NGO?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I wonder how long it takes to manufacture fish oil, from catching the fish to getting bottles of pills on shelves

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

3MB4fFh.gif

Was that a rebranded Helicarrier or just a new ship?

I wonder how long it takes to manufacture fish oil, from catching the fish to getting bottles of pills on shelves

I like how the opening shot of this season is a smooth transition from the end of the last.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I like how the opening shot of this season is a smooth transition from the end of the last.

No, I'm seriously wondering. I'm investigating the International Fish Oil Standards Program website and am considering emailing them that very question.

If it's SWORD, I'm going to mark the fuck out.

It'll be a stand-in for SWORD with a made-up name so as not to step on the movies' toes with any potential future plotlines.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Its definitely not a hellicarrier, was far too small for that. guessing its a new model of the boat, since it looked like an oversized Quinjet.

Oversized Quinjet is good enough. Helicarrier is pretty old tech now anyway. I'm still wondering where they get the budget for all this.

Slacka

Oversized Quinjet is good enough. Helicarrier is pretty old tech now anyway. I'm still wondering where they get the budget for all this.

Probably a combination of Fury's reserves from when he transferred everything to Coulson, and I wouldn't be surprised if Maria Hill is sharing resources from Stark Industries with S.H.I.E.L.D. as well, especially after the return of Fury and his hellicarrier at the end of Age of Ultron, since its easy enough for her to say its for Fury now Stark knows he is alive and back.

Besides, we don't know yet if during the break Fury was placed back at the top of the rebuilt S.H.I.E.L.D. (remember Coulson even says to Gonzalez towards the end of "The Dirty Half Dozen" that Fury will want his black box back, which to me implies Fury intended to return to a figurehead role within S.H.I.E.L.D.) which would make that transition and a return to funding even simpler.

kirblar

I should stop opening this thread. So many potential spoilers.
It's just reactions to the opening preview (which is super sick.) No actual other spoilers are out there except for hints from the cast/production as to what happened with Simmons.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
it looks like it's the opening minutes of the episode
Ohhhh my god. Yes. It's basically everything I wanted.

But the rest of this thread? I'm hitting the lockdown button on opening it again. When I see text spoilers the line has been crossed.

Pretty hyped but this is getting pushed back to Wednesday viewing for me once the CW is back on. Flash, iZombie and Scream Queens will be my Tuesday night triple-header for the rest of the fall.

brian577

Banned
Considering the rift between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television, I don't think we'll ever see Coulson in the films again.

Sounds like they do have something in mind, not sure if the restructuring will effect it though.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05/agents-shield-age-ultron-crossover
At any point, did you lobby for the Avengers to find out that Coulson is alive?
Loeb: There’s a plan. It’s just one of those things that when it pops, folks will see it

Jiaying tried to manufacture Terrigen crystals because they were running out. The problem with the process (can't remember if she describes it or not) was that the crystals still had Diviner pieces in the crystal. Therefore the same effect that occurred when touching a Diviner occurred when touching the synthesized crystals.

When the crystals fell into the ocean, the Terrigen dissolved, but not the Diviner metal. Therefore the fish oil pills contain Terrigen, but no Diviner pieces. Therefore they are nonlethal, and only affect potential Inhumans.

Tripp died because the crystal he kicked exploded along with the Diviner pieces, which is what got lodged in his stomach.
Probably a combination of Fury's reserves from when he transferred everything to Coulson, and I wouldn't be surprised if Maria Hill is sharing resources from Stark Industries with S.H.I.E.L.D. as well, especially after the return of Fury and his hellicarrier at the end of Age of Ultron, since its easy enough for her to say its for Fury now Stark knows he is alive and back.

Besides, we don't know yet if during the break Fury was placed back at the top of the rebuilt S.H.I.E.L.D. (remember Coulson even says to Gonzalez towards the end of "The Dirty Half Dozen" that Fury will want his black box back, which to me implies Fury intended to return to a figurehead role within S.H.I.E.L.D.) which would make that transition and a return to funding even simpler.
I think
Coulson was just fucking with him. Besides, Fury is heading up Avengers Initiative stuff right now.
it's like he's walking
anti-metal

What I was thinking

Some of the responses in that other AoS thread are incredibly annoying. Complaining you don't like a show after watching two or three random episodes, and deciding to start watching the show at Season 3 for... reasons.

How do these people exist?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Some of the responses in that other AoS thread are incredibly annoying. Complaining you don't like a show after watching two or three random episodes, and deciding to start watching the show at Season 3 for... reasons.

In all fairness, AoS is an incredibly uneven show. It has amazing episodes followed by the worst kind of network crap followed by flashes of brilliance, and usually wrapped in super low, 90's-like production values. I'm not saying that I hate watch it like I do with The Walking Dead, but there were times where I had to drag myself through it.

Also, could Mack get any more swole?

uROyAzq.jpg

Bruh.

duckroll

You know what else is super annoying? People who like to comment about other threads in threads they post regularly in. Not wanting to engage in debate with others, but feeling fine about whining about them somewhere else.

Top Bottom