• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Correct, Fitz is the one that gave the order to bring the building down.

Note that Aida has no reason to even want to kill Mace, he was faithfully playing his part in the world.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn, what an episode. Parts of it were on some real Metal Gear shit. This season is ridiculous.

You know, I would notice if my stolen boots had a film canister stuck inside it. Unless it was in the sole or something.

Daisy's grin at the end was great.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The Patriot goes out as a hero :(

It would go against her programming and what she's trying to do with the Framework.

She's not the bad girl in her mind. She believes in giving people a safe haven, a place better for them. She also believe in free will, something she doesn't have in the real world, and that people with the ability to choose would choose the framework over the real life. She is content with the fact that none of her captive are fighting against the fake reality (unlike May in the first version of the Framework), which is the same as choosing it in her mind. She offered it to Daisy today.

I predict that
once everybody wake up and unanimously choose to go back to the real world, she will let them go. But as long as there is one person still in her control, she will fight to keep everybody in.

That or
Daisy and Jemma find a backdoor and storm the Russian base.

In this 'utopia' she (Aida) probably wouldn't have exist as Radcliffe has got Agnes. Her existence and by extension, her manipulation of Fitz goes against what she said she is planning.

Cuburt

Just by reading reactions, I don't know if people thought this was as great of an episode as I did but man, this was one of the best of the season, if not the series. All the actors were incredible, so much so that I had to jump online immediately after to see who directed the episode. They should get Eric Laneuville to be a mainstay on the show, he was that good. Whether it was the framing of the actors to the performances, that was some damn fine character work. The action was pretty weak on the other hand, but I honestly feel like that was some of the best performances I've seen from some of the cast, even just in catching really subtle but potent expressions from the actors with some close up shots. Then it even made Bear McCreary's score just swell with even more emotion. He does great work on the show, but it seems best when he has more to work with.

Mace has a great sacrifice. His character had become so good in the Framework that's it a pity to see him go, but fitting at the same time. Tripp returning was awesome. I had been hoping he'd come back along with some other characters just due to the premise. The writers have not only been having a lot of fun with the premise, but they've put in some great work, not just with the overall storylines and character arcs, but just being able to squeeze so much out of the premise. All the twists and turns, the philosophical exploration, the depth they've given the characters by putting them through the ringer, it's been a real treat to see the show become so good and living up to become something better than I expected the show to ever be. I want the show to have more seasons, but if they ended with this season, they went out on a high note.

I can't have my mans be evil, not again. I dealt with this already with Ward, not with Fitz damn it

I think it's been interesting that the writers have clearly been drawing parallels between Fitz and Ward in that they had fathers/father figures that have turned them to the darkside. They've been asking the question about "programming" in the show and if people are destined by fate to be programmed how they are or if they are changed by their circumstances. Nature vs nurture. Radcliffe's monologue this week shows a little more of where the writers stand on the idea, I believe, which means it could pave the way for the redemption of Fitz and the "redemption" of the non-evil Ward by taking the version of him that didn't become so far gone. At least, that's my take. As the audience, we've gotten to know good Fitz to be there with Simmons and Daisy in not being able to believe Fitz would do such a thing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Another great episode! Awesome to see Tripp again. Fitz is gonna be fucked up something fierce if he makes it out. Can't wait until next week.

Neat: Series rating trendline for AoS:

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt2364582

Looked up The Flash, seems dropping it after season 2 was a good decision :p Too many other shows to watch. Maybe I'll pick up Arrow again though.

Jackpot

Banned
No, if I remember correctly she suggested that they had a Quinjet in the area. Fitz was the one that gave the airstrike order based on that knowledge.

But her line of thinking was clear. She even says it doesn't matter who else is in the building, which makes her intention to kill Mace pretty explicit.

Khaz

I mean the Patriot was probably a giant pain in the arse for them. As the head of Hydra, when you get a shot at eliminating the leader of the insurgence, you take it. Any other action would instil doubt in your followers.

Jackpot

Banned
I mean the Patriot was probably a giant pain in the arse for them. As the head of Hydra, when you get a shot at eliminating the leader of the insurgence, you take it. Any other action would instil doubt in your followers.

But then why not just turn off the life-support machine?

But then why not just turn off the life-support machine?

That makes for boring television.

She could kill all of them, we know she's not bound by a no kill directive but she's keeping them alive and they'll escape to foil her dastardly plans because that's what heroes do and we all know villains become more incompetent the closer they get to realising their plans.

Khaz

I really thinks she is exploring free will, choice and consequences here. She shown no emotion after the fact, she unplugs Mace like we would unplug the vacuum cleaner once we're done with it. She had no specific desire to kill him or keep him alive.

I wonder if outside Aida and framework Ophelia is exactly the same. Maybe outside the framework. Aida is still limited by her programming, which is why she can't just kill all the SHIELD member except Radcliff who basically kill himself with his stupid mouth.

Framework Aida on the other hand, is not limited by her programming and have been abusing her position to manipulate a lot of things. her final goal is basically to upload Ophelia to Aida in the real world. Another thing to keep in mind is that Ophelia need Fitz to try finish project looking glass. Maybe because Ophelia don't have Darkhold knowledge so she can't do it herself. While Aida in the real world may actually know how to do it, but cant execute it because it's not in her programming.

Jackpot

Banned
I wonder if outside Aida and framework Ophelia is exactly the same. Maybe outside the framework. Aida is still limited by her programming, which is why she can't just kill all the SHIELD member except Radcliff who basically kill himself with his stupid mouth.

That makes more sense.

Pachimari

I'm not feeling this arc, it has all just been so boring. Maybe I watched the last 3 episodes while I wasn't really in the mood. But I didn't need to see Mace as the Patriot, Skye becoming Quake and all these things again. I wish they would play more around with the elements, just do something interesting.

I'm loving Madame Hydra and Fitz.

I wasn’t feeling the new arc but seeing Madam Hydra walk off the plane and the next scene with Fitz…I embraced this arc as Marvel’s version of that Shipwreck episode of G.I. Joe lets get wild

Apoc29

I'll bet Aida is regretting programming the terrigen crystals to give her enemies the exact power they need to destroy her.

Great episode. The Framework episodes have been the best the show has put out.

Can someone explain how May would survive the close proximity to the Terrigen mist after breaking the crystal to give Skye her powers?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Can someone explain how May would survive the close proximity to the Terrigen mist after breaking the crystal to give Skye her powers?

Well, I remember it being said, sometime in the "real world" that they had made a form of purified crystal that doesn't kill humans. Can't remember if that was during the Hive arc or the beginning of this season.

Zautruche

Banned

It's a pure Terrigen Crystal. The crystals deadly to humans are the one grown at afterlife. They are grown from a Diviner and carry over the deadliness of the metal. The mist itself is harmless to humans.

vivftp

The mist is harmless to normal humans. It was the Diviner metals that turned them to stone. In the Framework it seems they have purified the terrigen. This is why normal humans weren't affected by the fish oil pills

Elandyll

Banned

Originally in the comic it was lethal, but it was retconned since then.
In the show, a special protecting casing used for crystals is, but not the mist itself.

I just caught up on the past 3 episodes, been busy with real life.

OMG this is amazng!

Nice call outs to previous season stuff:

Cal's formula actually the Patriot formula, but modified from Cal's right? (would be nice to see him in a background cameo scene)
Bakshi's mind control

and

My boy Tripp!!!

bitbydeath

The mist is harmless to normal humans. It was the Diviner metals that turned them to stone. In the Framework it seems they have purified the terrigen. This is why normal humans weren't affected by the fish oil pills

Didn't the mist kill tripp?
Or am I remembering that wrong?

LionPride

Banned
This is how Trip died

Triplett ran into the chamber just as it closed, trapping him within along with Skye and Raina. When the Diviner activated, it split open and blue crystals began to emerge from within. It then released a mist, temporarily petrifying both Skye and Raina, transforming them in the process. Triplett, hoping to save Skye, kicked the Diviner from its pedestal, but a shard embedded itself into Triplett's chest. He looked down to notice, before being petrified. As Skye emerged from her petrification, Triplett shattered. Seeing this, Skye started to cry and an earthquake began

From the MCU Wiki

Remember like it was yesterday, and that was just the midseason finale for Season 2

This is how Trip died

Triplett ran into the chamber just as it closed, trapping him within along with Skye and Raina. When the Diviner activated, it split open and blue crystals began to emerge from within. It then released a mist, temporarily petrifying both Skye and Raina, transforming them in the process. Triplett, hoping to save Skye, kicked the Diviner from its pedestal, but a shard embedded itself into Triplett's chest. He looked down to notice, before being petrified. As Skye emerged from her petrification, Triplett shattered. Seeing this, Skye started to cry and an earthquake began

From the MCU Wiki

Remember like it was yesterday, and that was just the midseason finale for Season 2

Taken too soon.

She ordered it though. If that's really all that's needed then you may as well say "she only pressed a button, the pump turning off and the lack of oxygen killed him" with the life-support route.
In law and programming, it's all about finding the right workaround for a given situation.
strafer said:
shit, that tripp guy was a long time ago seeing as I completely forgot about him...season 1 right?
Late S1 (after Winter Soldier stuff) to mid S2 (Skye's transformation).

OmegaFax

Guys, is Ghost Rider coming back to save the day at the end of the Season or not. TBH, I just want to see the flaming car again somehow.

Given the framework is changing a single regret, I could see Robbie coming back sans Ghost Rider. Proper Ghost Rider wrapping things up in the real world would probably tie things up for the finale.

Top Bottom