• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

"Trying to think, when did we last see the real May (walking and talking), in the real world? Has she ever technically been in this season? It's all been Framework May or LMD May."

Early on in the Ghost Rider arc, before Aida reads the Darkhold, IIRC?

Slime

Banned
This three-arc structure needs to be adopted by every non-procedural network TV show. It's just so good. It makes the annoying mid-season breaks a feature. Really impressed with what they've pulled off this year.

The Kree

Banned
Well if they all start doing it then this show isn't special anymore. I agree that most shows need to find a way to speed things up in general.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This three-arc structure needs to be adopted by every non-procedural network TV show. It's just so good. It makes the annoying mid-season breaks a feature. Really impressed with what they've pulled off this year.

it doesn't necessarily have to be three arcs, but breaking the season up into a number of multi-part stories is a good way to do things. Currently finishing up a rewatch of the last season of Star Trek Enterprise, and they decided to just do 2 and 3 parters the whole time, and it works there too.

Slayven

10 minutes y'all.

What if Darth Fritz is Saviatar?

it doesn't necessarily have to be three arcs, but breaking the season up into a number of multi-part stories is a good way to do things. Currently finishing up a rewatch of the last season of Star Trek Enterprise, and they decided to just do 2 and 3 parters the whole time, and it works there too.

Yeah, they killed the show right when it was hitting it's peak.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
imo most shows should be shorter in general, and a multi-part structure is functionally several short seasons. I like it.

Slayven

Only show that handles a season long arc well is NCIS. They have one or 2 eps in the beginning to set things up, then go about their business maybe drop hints about the main plot through various eps, then wrap everything up the last couple of eps in the season.

Otherwise you get characters just being stupid for no reason

If this series weren't constrained by availability of actors, the solution to "Mace is dead- we need a new inspiring leader" would be to go dig up Cap. Without SHIELD, he's still in the ice.

Top Bottom