• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

LotusHD

Banned
I really appreciate the subversion here, even if it may not last very long, where the main villain of the arc is now having a heart-to-heart with the guy who she got fuck...

Whoops, spoke too soon. SPOKE TOO SOON.

Malyse

"I'm just like Ward."

Yikes...

"I'm just like Ward"

Fuck man

FITZ NO
This is my favorite hot take on this episode
They're in a Grant Ward Sim. (This is also a hint that Framework Ward will either sacrifice himself for them to escape, or leave with them and become a true Agent of SHIELD.. LMD or something.)

Monsters can be made but so can heroes.

AOS has always been mum on Ward actually being irredeemably psychopathic since birth or whatever. He had formative experiences to encourage an internal and external narrative, as 'bad people' much more likely have happen in reality. Season 1 reveals his evil, Season 2 shows the consequence of his evil, Season 3 adds tragedy to what evil he has wrought, and Season 4 shows a sliver of redemption, if we're to believe in Ward in some cosmic sense than practical. That redemption comes partially as the other characters realize just how blurred good and bad can be when experimented with.

Thankfully, AOS didn't do a real cop out with directly redeeming S1 Ward. That's not how it went, and not how it ever should have went, if the goal was good (instead of just cheaply effective) storytelling. This is more about how the other characters can view the character of Ward, not how he as a person can be quickly forgiven and his offenses forgotten and everything is better now lalala.

-----

OH SHIT.
Guess we can't keep Aida.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I thought he was gonna choose Ophelia and I had a knot in my stomach, haha

Frickin' Talbot just has to come at the worst time, though

LionPride

Banned
She went from feeling all the positive emotions at once to wanting this man to die in five seconds flat. The music cutting out with her what was like a real deal record scratch

a lot mad

------

The moral of the story here: Men ain't shit

No...no we are not

Slayven

Hot take for the finale

Ghost Rider is going to exploit her having a soul and hit her with the stare vaporizing her

Malyse

So far off the damn rails. This has been one of the best seasons of any show and the rest of the MCU is on watch.

Oh fuck!

Hope she can't heal.

Top Bottom