• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
here:
KNEQa4f.gif
love the detail of the light construct brain flickering out

So when Ophelia got iced on sight was she just allowing them to take her captive, or are icers actually that effective against her when live ammunition isn't?

I mean, live ammunition was pretty effective in the short term.

Pachimari

Okay, I'm back in the mood for Agents of Shield with this latest episode, and I take it back that I want the show cancelled. I want it to continue on, but I'm not sure in which direction they can bring it, without it being a repeat or the same old of what they've done in past seasons. Mallory Jansen is a phenomenal actress and she has done brilliant work with what she's given, playing all of 3 different characters on the show. It's just really good to see, especially in this latest episode where she really gets to stretch her reigns of emotions. Adrian Pasdar is as always iconic in the role of Talbot, and brings it in this latest episode as well. I can't wait to see it all go down in the finale!

I feel like Aida is up there with the best MCU villains of Kingpin, Loki and Ward. By the way, she's an original character they've created for Agents of Shield, and not taken from the comics right?

Okay, I'm back in the mood for Agents of Shield with this latest episode, and I take it back that I want the show cancelled. I want it to continue on, but I'm not sure in which direction they can bring it, without it being a repeat or the same old of what they've done in past seasons. Mallory Jansen is a phenomenal actress and she has done brilliant work with what she's given, playing all of 3 different characters on the show. It's just really good to see, especially in this latest episode where she really gets to stretch her reigns of emotions. Adrian Pasdar is as always iconic in the role of Talbot, and brings it in this latest episode as well. I can't wait to see it all go down in the finale!

I feel like Aida is up there with the best MCU villains of Kingpin, Loki and Ward. By the way, she's an original character they've created for Agents of Shield, and not taken from the comics right?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Intelligence_Data_Analyser_(Earth-712))

Jackpot

Banned
All this because they thought it was a good idea to design a robot intentionally meant for passing as human in a world where Ultron and all the rest of it exists.

Renpatsu

Before the LMD arc had even begun I was very wary of the show going down the evil AI trope and when it did I was never convinced the show would mine the nuance of that trope and instead end up only rehashing Ultron (especially given how lacklustre he ultimately turned out to be compared to his potential) on a television budget. Thankfully the show's execution superseded those doubts fairly resolutely in the midst of LMD arc by playing to the medium's strengths by being creative with the scenarios and adding dimension to the LMDs and AIDA by going deep into their pathology and the ethics in their very existence. That they cast Mallory Jansen in that role only made the moral complexities shine that much brighter.

Khaz

All this because they thought it was a good idea to design a robot intentionally meant for passing as human in a world where Ultron and all the rest of it exists.

"They" didn't, Radcliffe did. Plenty of time they pointed out how wrong it was, that Radcliffe was specifically forbidden to carry this kind of work, etc.

Jackpot

Banned
"They" didn't, Radcliffe did. Plenty of time they pointed out how wrong it was, that Radcliffe was specifically forbidden to carry this kind of work, etc.

And Fitz. And the others were ok with having her around until Mace came down hard on execution.

Renpatsu

Let's not forget that they did let AIDA read an ancient magic book that held infinite knowledge, but was also known to corrupt the individuals in question. Up until that moment I'm fairly certain that there was little indication of her eventual turn so it could be argued that if it were not for that moment none of her actual machinations would have ever come to pass.

Pachimari

I feel like either Fitz or Simmons is gonna die. We'll surely get a death besides Aida. I also expect Ghost Rider to use the Darkhold to eliminate Aida for good.

Mariolee

Wait, so small thing. I believe Talbot mentioned that Mace's body was "quaked" when it was found in the ocean. Does that mean one of the Daisy Fleet survived the explosion at SHIELD and possibly Quaked Mace's already dead body in order to frame the real Daisy?

I may be reading too much into things.

I feel like either Fitz or Simmons is gonna die. We'll surely get a death besides Aida. I also expect Ghost Rider to use the Darkhold to eliminate Aida for good.

I didn't think Fitz would even make it out of the simulation. He's never going to be able to forgive himself for what he's done.

But if it's not Fitz, I think Mack is likely since he won't want to leave his daughter, and Yo-Yo might decide to stay there along with him.

Jackpot

Banned
Wait, so small thing. I believe Talbot mentioned that Mace's body was "quaked" when it was found in the ocean. Does that mean one of the Daisy Fleet survived the explosion at SHIELD and possibly Quaked Mace's already dead body in order to frame the real Daisy?

I may be reading too much into things.

The Russian mentioned how AIDA ordered him to smash Mace's bones with a hammer after he died.

Pachimari

I would like to see Piper become a regular too. Maybe kill off Yo-yo. I don't feel like she have much of a purpose anymore and maybe let the whole Inhumans stuff take a backseat, since we'll be getting a whole show about Inhumans this fall. Bring some new interesting personalities into the Shield fold. And come up with some interesting missions to take on. Keep using the 3-arc setup if they go for a 22-episode season. Of course on one new interesting villain if it's gonna be a shorter 13-episode season. Forget all about Hydra too.

I would like to see Piper become a regular too. Maybe kill off Yo-yo. I don't feel like she have much of a purpose anymore and maybe let the whole Inhumans stuff take a backseat, since we'll be getting a whole show about Inhumans this fall. Bring some new interesting personalities into the Shield fold. And come up with some interesting missions to take on. Keep using the 3-arc setup if they go for a 22-episode season. Of course on one new interesting villain if it's gonna be a shorter 13-episode season. Forget all about Hydra too.

Yep, I've loved the HYDRA stuff, but it has played itself out at this point.

Ronin Ray

As bad ass as Aida is and I wish she could stick around and get some kinda of redemption, I don't see how she stands a chance against Robbie. Can't he simply do the look thing on her now that she is human and take her soul. Would be a cool twist if it doesn't work because she doesn't have a soul.

Volimar

As bad ass as Aida is and I wish she could stick around and get some kinda of redemption, I don't see how she stands a chance against Robbie. Can't he simply do the look thing on her now that she is human and take her soul. Would be a cool twist if it doesn't work because she doesn't have a soul.

She probably does thanks to the Darkhold. That said, I thought that Robbie didn't do the penance stare.

number11

This season is amazing. Makes me wonder what happened in season 3. I still laugh at that hilariously bad exit that Hunter and Bobbi got

Just flip over to Supergirl to see her working at the DEO.

Actually, her appearance on Supergirl this season was a surprise given the actress is LA-based and she is basically an extra on both shows. I don't think they would bring her back for more than a few one-offs (since Supergirl is now filmed in Vancouver) unless they actually promoted her to main cast. SHIELD has much easier access to her since she doesn't have to relocate to film her scenes here.

Zomba13

they gonna kill Yo-Yo

that's why they gave her a micro-series, so you'd feel worse when it happens

Makes sense. Maybe dies in the framework while forcing Mack to leave and it's the thing that gets him to actually leave and come back to reality.

dorikyasu

Any guesses on whether Ward will be in the season finale?
Although I did not see Brett Dalton's name listed in the cast list for the finale...
That last conversation with Daisy at Hydra TV station inside Framework can't be his last, right? Right?

sammex

tumblr_opqpjhFuQl1rqpbcko10_500.gif

That episode.

Also with Black Sails, The 100, and now Shield, I feel like I've seen Zach McGowan killed way more times than I need to.

Top Bottom