• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Pachimari

Any guesses on whether Ward will be in the season finale?
Although I did not see Brett Dalton's name listed in the cast list for the finale...
That last conversation with Daisy at Hydra TV station inside Framework can't be his last, right? Right?

I'm done with Ward, enough of him.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Btw I'm sooo glad they didn't print dead people, no way it can happen now that the rig blew up.

LotusHD

Banned
tumblr_opqpjhFuQl1rqpbcko10_500.gif

Out of context, this is quite suggestive

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, Aida is a more serious threat than Ultron was.

Fitz > Stark

Avengers can hold that L.

I mean, there aren't a thousand Aidas lifting a nationstate into the upper atmosphere to cause a world-ending cataclysm, so I dunno about that. If there were just one Ultron, though, she'd be a bit more of a threat, yeah.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Out of all these comic book/superhero shows, I don't think there's a relationship outside Fitzsimmons that I give a toss about. It's been so well done over the course of these four seasons and a testament to the two actors. I'll be super bummed if one or both of them die.

Had a feeling we'd see GR again, but was hype as fuck to see him come out of the portal with the chain.

Aida was something else this episode, the range of emotions was incredible, can't wait to see the actress pop up in other shows/movies, she has impressive range.

LotusHD

Banned
Out of all these comic book/superhero shows, I don't think there's a relationship outside Fitzsimmons that I give a toss about. It's been so well done over the course of these four seasons and a testament to the two actors. I'll be super bummed if one or both of them die.

I care about Sara's conquests across history.

TraBuch

Banned
Mallory Jansen has some amazing acting chops. She was legit hilarious in Galavant, and legit terrifying in this. Like, if they ever remade Play Misty For Me, she should be on the short-list.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It's telling to me how strong this show has become that my gf who was relatively invested in Season 2 and became largely detached and bored in Season 3, now ecstatically asks me if AoS is uploaded for us to watch during dinner. I haven't started American Gods yet, but this is easily my favorite show right now as far as weekly TV goes.

Renpatsu

When I think back on the previous seasons and this one and why this one has such a positive reaction by comparison I think it's due to several factors: Toning down relatively inconsequential episodic narrative in favour of a more prominent serialised narrative, breaking up the episode count into smaller chunks largely alleviating the pacing issues that dogged the initial seasons, placing characters in emotionally complex situations where the stakes aren't simply life threatening, and the overall quality of writing and performance being higher across the board.

So to me any continuation following this season should attempt to reestablish a core status quo, but continue to deliberately explore creative scenarios over the course of the season that allow the characters to convey new emotional nuances and dramatic beats with fresh alacrity.

Altazor

Somebody did a really good job of portraying messy breakups in this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMo2U4AmJY

Go to 3:40 to skip to maximum awkwardness.

that "... ... ... what?" is gif material.

And then Iain's eyebrows raising before saying "Jemma", as if it's the most obvious thing in the world and it's all carefree and everything's going to be alright just before that big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

Mallory Jansen killed it during the episode.

LotusHD

Banned
that "... ... ... what?" is gif material.

And then Iain's eyebrows raising before saying "Jemma", as if it's the most obvious thing in the world and it's all carefree and everything's going to be alright just before that big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

Mallory Jansen killed it during the episode.

I'm still floored as how I was literally typing that I appreciated that the show was subverting expectations briefly and now we're having a heart-to-heart with the main villain right before she started to freak out. Fucking spoke too soon lol

Altazor

I'm still floored as how I was literally typing that I appreciated that the show was subverting expectations briefly and now we're having a heart-to-heart with the main villain right before she started to freak out. Fucking spoke too soon lol

LOL, you jinxed it!

honestly I was thinking that same thing just before that "... ... ... what?" and then I was like "oh no, she's not going to take it well". And then that happened and I fucking laughed my ass off and was terrified at the same time, lol

Altazor

now that I think about it, AIDA/Ophelia went full "nice guy" (uh... gal?): "I CHOSE YOU NOW YOU CHOOSE ME"

She was only lacking a fedora to tip, m'lord.

So, Aida is a more serious threat than Ultron was.

Fitz > Stark

Avengers can hold that L.

I think the way in which Aida had to read a book of infinite dark magic, outsmart her creator's programming, create an fake AI world in order to manipulate a super-genius and figure out how to get shit done in the real world whilst following her code just so that she was able to act of her own free will is the biggest L.

I kinda feel Fitz should have took a shot at polygamy for the sake of saving the world over enraging the all powerful entity.

Holy shit! What an episode, what a fucking season. The woman that plays Ophelia is a phenomenal actress. The range for emotions she went through in this episode was crazy.

This show has to get a final season they can't end it right now when it's quality is through the roof. Best live action season of any superhero show ever bar none.

Nobility

Banned
That episode was LIFE.

I can't believe the consistency of this season, this show has come so far since S1. This has to return in September.

Mallory Jansen has to return, she's done an amazing job this year.

HE HAS RETURNED

I just have a feeling it's gonna be canceled and we won't get a solid ending.

Hell even if they do a shortened season to wrap it all up and tell these characters goodbye would be fine by me

Looking at past renewals, it looks like they were announced two days after the penultimate episode of the season (with the exception of last year when it happened in March, most likely because the 88 episode threshold for syndication all but guaranteed season 4).

Soooo...I think chances are good we'll hear news tomorrow one way or another.

Top Bottom