• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

So happy this beautiful series got renewed. Great cast. Great pacing. It was just totally deserved.

That said I hope they go into Season 5 with a clear way of wrapping it up planned out for the ending just in case. It was questionable if we were gonna even get 5 let alone 6.

I don't want them to purposefully end things but just have an ending for Season 5 in mind that if it does get canceled after this one it will be satisfactory and not a huge cliffhanger

ZeoVGM

Banned
So happy this beautiful series got renewed. Great cast. Great pacing. It was just totally deserved.

That said I hope they go into Season 5 with a clear way of wrapping it up planned out for the ending just in case. It was questionable if we were gonna even get 5 let alone 6.

I don't want them to purposefully end things but just have an ending for Season 5 in mind that if it does get canceled after this one it will be satisfactory and not a huge cliffhanger

To be honest, I think they've done that in most cases. Seasons 1 and 2 ended in ways that left it open while also not ending with a giant cliffhanger. Season 3 had a bit more of a cliffhanger in that flash forward but they also got an early renewal.

The producers said in a recent interview that they were told to write a season finale this year. Not a series finale. So it seems like they knew season 5 was happening. I'm expecting some drama and sadness next week.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Excellent. Hope they keep all cylinders firing for the next season and wrap the show up with the same level of greatness we're seeing in S4.

Altazor

I just decided to randomly watch some FitzSimmons videos and fuck, those feels

I don't even like "shipping" but these two... aw fuck *cries*

ZeoVGM

Banned
Inhumans looks like a disaster already w/ the bad costumes and bad EP. AoS may just do 1 run starting in January.

While I am worried about the show, "bad costumes" is hardly important, especially when based on an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot.

I'm pretty sure AoS is getting 22 episodes again so I doubt they'll hold off for January. I think there's too much marketing benefit to being able to advertise a "Marvel night" of television.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
fuck yeah, this is getting a happier ending than Person of Interest.

I need to go see these salty people. Wonder if they like The Rock flipping the bird gifs.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
While I am worried about the show, "bad costumes" is hardly important, especially when based on an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot.

I'm pretty sure AoS is getting 22 episodes again so I doubt they'll hold off for January. I think there's too much marketing benefit to being able to advertise a "Marvel night" of television.
While I'd like that I could easily see them showing the planned 8 Inhumans episodes (ending just before US Thanksgiving) then a shortened 13/14 episode final season of Shield with a bit of a crossover with those Inhumans characters.

Man the ending of this episode was nuts. When he stepped outo f the portal I was like OHHHSHIIIIIIIT. Fucking shit is on like Donkey Kong now. I bet he pulls Aida through the portal and takes her to hell.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm a bit worried about the reduced budget for next season but as long as the writing stays strong it should be fine, I guess.

Just don't expect the base to get blown up again. And maybe no Ghost Rider-type characters who require a bunch of intense CGI shots for longer than a few seconds at a time.

With the reduced budget, it's gonna be like the 2 last episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion but A WHOLE SEASON LIKE THAT.
Congratulations on season 5!

CmxmXJX.gif

Lonestar

John Hannah
@JohnHannah 4h4 hours ago

Replying to @clarkgregg
Congratulations to the most fantastic team I've ever had the pleasure to play with. Not with whimper at all!!!

<3 Radcliffe. As screwed up as he made things, I still wanted to believe he was good.

Altazor

Congratulations on season 5!

CmxmXJX.gif

kimochi warui.

<3 Radcliffe. As screwed up as he made things, I still wanted to believe he was good.

John Hannah is a treasure. It's a shame we (probably) won't get to see Radcliffe again in the series but he was a fantastic addition - the character wasn't particularly "good" (as in alignment, not in terms of quality) but Hannah's performance really revealed that he had a very human core beneath all the murky layers. He was a bit of a complicated (and dryly funny) bastard with a heart of gold that seemed at odds between caring genuinely for the well-being of others and caring too much about his own goals, however selfish they might be.

sturmdogg

kimochi warui.

John Hannah is a treasure. It's a shame we (probably) won't get to see Radcliffe again in the series but he was a fantastic addition - the character wasn't particularly "good" (as in alignment, not in terms of quality) but Hannah's performance really revealed that he had a very human core beneath all the murky layers. He was a bit of a complicated (and dryly funny) bastard with a heart of gold that seemed at odds between caring genuinely for the well-being of others and caring too much about his own goals, however selfish they might be.

I only saw John Hannah in three roles: the brother in The Mummy, Batiatus, and as Radcliffe. In each role, he's not exactly a good guy going by the standard definition, but does things according to what he thinks is best.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Quick question: why are folks saying there'll be a reduced budget? We're figuring this due to the ratings down-turn, I presume? Just wondering if someone official has said it or if it's (fairly reasonable) speculation.

Lonestar

Quick question: why are folks saying there'll be a reduced budget? We're figuring this due to the ratings down-turn, I presume? Just wondering if someone official has said it or if it's (fairly reasonable) speculation.

I've been wondering the same. I haven't read every article, but the handful haven't mentioned budget. Most haven't mentioned if it was a full season or not. Ming seems to be stating it's a "full" season.

Altazor

I only saw John Hannah in three roles: the brother in The Mummy, Batiatus, and as Radcliffe. In each role, he's not exactly a good guy going by the standard definition, but does things according to what he thinks is best.

Yup, I think he really excels in those sorts of roles. And all three of them are quite different (Jonathan was cowardly and a comic relief; Batiatus, a seasoned manipulator; Radcliffe, a well-intentioned bastard)

I've been wondering the same. I haven't read every article, but the handful haven't mentioned budget. Most haven't mentioned if it was a full season or not. Ming seems to be stating it's a "full" season.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Sources tell THR that the drama starring Clark Gregg and Ming Na has been working to reduce costs for its fifth season, with ABC looking to lower the drama's budget on the ABC Studios-produced series.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So now that they have to cut the budget for Season 5, I would much rather they cut the episode count to 13, and get to spend a little more of each episode.

Lower episode counts generally means lower budget in the first place. So that won't work...anyway yay for season 5 XD

Man, I bet Yo-Yo wishes she didn't jump into the Framework. She should have at least gotten more detail on what it was like in there.

Wonder if she or Mack will be in S5.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Man, I bet Yo-Yo wishes she didn't jump into the Framework. She should have at least gotten more detail on what it was like in there.

Wonder if she or Mack will be in S5.

As long as they make it out of the finale alive, which I think they will, they'll be back.

Mack is main cast and I think she is on the verge of being upgraded.

As long as they make it out of the finale alive, which I think they will, they'll be back.

Mack is main cast and I think she is on the verge of being upgraded.

Maybe a cliff hanger and they get rescued in Ep1 of new season? They pulled Mack out of that room, but was he still plugged into the Framework? Or unplugged and plugged back in? He had the headset still on, but is it a wireless set?

ZeoVGM

Banned
The 3D printer was destroyed with the oil rig anyway, wasn't it?

I believe so.

But Fitz likely knows how to make it again given he still has the memories of Framework Fitz.

And now, obviously, he's going to do just that so he can bring Ward back for good now that he understands how easily a person can go down the wrong path.

plz

I believe so.

But Fitz likely knows how to make it again given he still has the memories of Framework Fitz.

And now, obviously, he's going to do just that so he can bring Ward back for good now that he understands how easily a person can go down the wrong path.

plz
i need this to happen so much.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy SHIT this last episode. When Aida snapped-that was scary as hell. She is an incredible actor.

Right?

Who in the world would have guessed that when they introduced Mallory Janson as Aida, that she would end up being one of the most impressive actresses on the show, basically playing four different characters in a single season?

anaron

I'm so happy for the cast and crew. Ideally it would go on and end with a season 6, but 5 is the point where anything beyond is really just a hypothetical cherry on top that I don't at all expect to see.

Cuburt

A season 5 is well deserved.

I think the creative team was worked pretty well within budgets, so if this is what they have to do for one more season, that's fine with me. At least we got one season that got to go pretty awesome with the VFX for Ghost Rider and they still filled the rest of the season with a story that was even better than the first 1/3.

I'm not really sure where they would plan to take the series from here, but considering it would also lead up to Infinity War, it would be great if there was a big plan for that. I always wondered if there was a plan that if the series made it to Infinity War, they would reintroduce Coulson and SHIELD back into film cannon. It seems Nick Fury has to have been doing a lot in all the years since Winter Soldier, they really have an opportunity to bring things full circle, officially, with Coulson having rebuilt SHIELD from the ground up, regained the trust of the government completely (seems their trust has been fluctuating quite a bit over the years), and handing over the keys back to Fury. I don't know if they would have crossover cameos either way, but to have SHIELD officially be back in the films would be a great way to pass the baton back and give some nice closure to the show, even if it ends with Coulson retiring before ever appearing back on film.

I know they've said there will be no Inhumans crossovers, but given that AoS has laid so much groundwork, it's a shame that they wouldn't have at least a minor crossover at some point. Even if it's just with Daisy learning about the Royal Family or something, it would feel like it could bring additional closure to Daisy's journey since Inhumans has been one of the biggest parts of this show.

Also the other big faction that has been a constant on the show is Hydra. I wonder if they will bring them back because even this season which had the least to do with Hydra still managed to have them in some form. It seems like the team will have to deal with them in some way just because they are SHIELD's archenemy. But then again, is there any more big time Hydra villains that haven't been brought to the MCU?

I'm not holding my breath for any crossovers, but it would be a nice way to end the series with at least some nice nods to the rest of the MCU. If this is the last, I really hope they make it a great one.

dabig2

Have him listing their achievements and acknowledging how vital they have all been wound be a great way to show appreciation for what the show and characters have done.

I just want Cap and/or Stark to acknowledge that Agent Phil is a full fledged Avenger. Shit would be cheesy probably, but after 5 years we damn deserve it and it'll tie in good together with Fury's speech at the end of S1.

Top Bottom