• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they will release season 4 on bluray. There's no release of season 3 in the US but thankfully there was a region free release in the UK and I bought that.

Slacka

So pleased to see they are getting a season 5. Really hope they plan to stick with the shorter arc format again as it just worked so well.

So I know people keep seeing death flags for either Fitz or Simmons in the finale, but I can think of an even better way they may be planning to mess with them. They really leaned heavily on Simmons’s disdain for artificial lives and not respecting them or treating them as if they were real on multiple occasions during this last arc, so why not cash in on that by having Simmons mortally wounded, and Fitz manage to put her in the framework to save her consciousness just in time as the season cliff-hanger. You could then put her in an LMD in the first part of season 5 and have her battling with the fact that she herself is now the thing she had so little respect for previously. You could always have Fitz then make it his mission in the first arc to reconstruct the body printer using his knowledge from the framework to give her a real body again.

Pachimari

Lower episode counts generally means lower budget in the first place. So that won't work...anyway yay for season 5 XD
What do you mean? It's better to have $100 to spend on 10 episodes than $50 on 20 episodes. Thus I would prefer they cut the episode count.

I hope Fitz goes to a really dark place becoming the main villain of next season. And I also want the finale to end with a shot of Captain America handing over some merchandise to Coulson.

What do you mean? It's better to have $100 to spend on 10 episodes than $50 on 20 episodes. Thus I would prefer they cut the episode count.

I hope Fitz goes to a really dark place becoming the main villain of next season. And I also want the finale to end with a shot of Captain America handing over some merchandise to Coulson.

I think that by focusing on 2 to 3 small arc and focusing the budget on the right ones , it could still work.

Overall , everything will depend on the vilain and the threat

Pachimari

If they can make a 22-episode count work on a lesser budget then sure, I'm all for it. But if they can't, I'm all for it being 13 episodes too.

I wish they could go batshit insane with all kinds of magic and superpowers in the last season.

hank_tree

So pleased to see they are getting a season 5. Really hope they plan to stick with the shorter arc format again as it just worked so well.

So I know people keep seeing death flags for either Fitz or Simmons in the finale, but I can think of an even better way they may be planning to mess with them. They really leaned heavily on Simmons's disdain for artificial lives and not respecting them or treating them as if they were real on multiple occasions during this last arc, so why not cash in on that by having Simmons mortally wounded, and Fitz manage to put her in the framework to save her consciousness just in time as the season cliff-hanger. You could then put her in an LMD in the first part of season 5 and have her battling with the fact that she herself is now the thing she had so little respect for previously. You could always have Fitz then make it his mission in the first arc to reconstruct the body printer using his knowledge from the framework to give her a real body again.

There's no way they would kill Fitz or Simmons. That'd be like killing Hurley in Lost. They need to keep the few viewers they still have.

Slacka

There's no way they would kill Fitz or Simmons. That'd be like killing Hurley in Lost. They need to keep the few viewers they still have.

I'm not saying they should completely kill one of them though, or even that I in any way would want to see that happen. I am just saying the writers have shown time and again that they really love putting obstacles in their way.

I can just really see them have Ophelia mortally wound Simmons so Fitz has no choice but to save her consciousness by putting it in an LMD to play off her anti artificial life bias. Ultimately she can end up in a real body via Fitz rebuilding the body printer, but it just seems like exactly the twisted sort of thing the writers might do.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
They aren't lowering the episode count. This isn't an HBO show, they have ad revenue to consider. Less episodes = Less ad revenue = Even lower budget.

bqXhLrbFZHxg4.gif

Just caught up on this season. I'm not as hyped about it as everyone else. How do you actually stop Aida/Ophelia/Madame Hydra? She seems overpowered as fuck to the point of being broken like superman.

CryptiK

I'm hoping its a shorter more action packed season. Then end it with Coulson going to the Avengers for Infinity War. The show needs its recognition.

Is this a euphemism for something? Just trying to figure out if I've ever 'burnt the sausage' with my wife.

I don't know what burnt the sausage means, but I've been Fitz in the situation when I fucked up with my wife too. Like "legit shocked, wtf just happened?"

I'm digging the Russian and how he handles his multiple bodies. Just casually leaning against the door frame watching his head get bashed in, "you done yet?".

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

What I meant is that the budget allocation might still take the number of episodes into account. If they order a season of 22 episodes, they might get 20 million for the whole season. If they're producing a shorter 13 episode season, that budget might be adjusted to 13 million instead. At the end of the day, shorter seasons means less episodes to sell to advertisers and for syndication. So it doesn't necessarily mean a shorter season equates to more budget per episode.

That's not how it works though, if they for example get 3 million per episode for a 22 episode season then it will still be 3 million per episode for 13.

AIDA does seem OP now. Ghost Rider probably would have to drag her to hell at this point. If that happens though I would feel somewhat sorry for her though.

Kind of glad they didn't do the cliche of 'I'm so frustrated and angry so I'm gonna have sex' and instead decided to have her bash the Russians head in.

I'm thinking she'll drag Fitz along with her somehow, and the season ends on a cliffhanger.

That's a little too similar to Jemma getting sucked into that other world at the end of season 2. Personally, if something's going to happen to them, it'll be Fitz just straight up dying. Or maybe Jemma to punish Fitz?

Pachimari

What I meant is that the budget allocation might still take the number of episodes into account. If they order a season of 22 episodes, they might get 20 million for the whole season. If they're producing a shorter 13 episode season, that budget might be adjusted to 13 million instead. At the end of the day, shorter seasons means less episodes to sell to advertisers and for syndication. So it doesn't necessarily mean a shorter season equates to more budget per episode.

That's not how it works though, if they for example get 3 million per episode for a 22 episode season then it will still be 3 million per episode for 13.
Ahh yeah I gotcha. Thanks for explaining it. It makes sense.

mm04

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 |OT| Fitzsimmons Have Been to Hell and Back

I remember when folks were saying that they had no chemistry and shouldn't be together. Now, that relationship is one of the best things about the show. It certainly provides us with the best acting performances by a long shot. Plus you throw Ophelia (she's Ophelia to me now dammit! she's alive) in to monkey wrench their relationship and it's top notch.

I remember when folks were saying that they had no chemistry and shouldn't be together. Now, that relationship is one of the best things about the show. It certainly provides us with the best acting performances by a long shot. Plus you throw Ophelia (she's Ophelia to me now dammit! she's alive) in to monkey wrench their relationship and it's top notch.

I can't think of a couple on TV that has gone through so much together like this.

Top Bottom