• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Wow, that was a good episode. S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to be all quality this season. What follows are random thoughts, impressions and other such stuff about the episode in no particular order.

• Those ABC plugs. Although, to be fair it's nice to see an actual stations rather than the constant stream of WHiH broadcasts.
  • So, Mace didn't save anyone in Vienna? That's actually a fairly intriguing mystery. Also #ItsAllConnected
  • Ah, Simmons. Once again you prove how ruthless you can be. Long ways off from the woman that couldn't lie to Sitwell well enough so she shot him in the gut.
  • Wait, so revealing that he's Inhuman raised his approval ratings? What sort of crazy, non-Marvel world does this show happen in. That's the least connected the show's been, tbh. #ItsNotConnected #MarvelCiviliansAreShittyPeople
  • I like how the Darkhold is presented. Like, shit's magic, don't have to explain it.
  • The moment they (Mack+GR) started going in front of cells, I knew that the Spirit would act up and want to punish someone.
  • I also appreciate how Johnson's obvious suicidal tendencies are being called out. It's a neat dynamic.
  • Speaking of calling out, May's a darned liar. Sure, Coulson did seek her out out of her cubicle, but that was only because she gave Fury a list of candidates for Coulson's team that she'd knew would include her. Really, Fury sought her out.
  • CHAIN
  • So we're down to one ghost. My guess, though, is that Morrow's gonna turn evil due to the Darkhold or whatever.
  • I'm guessing that Bauer couldn't read the Darkhold because only living beings can do so? Is that a thing in the comics?
  • I like the energy shield every time it appears. That's it. I just like it.
  • Wait, where the guards working together even though they were all infected? Every other time multiple people were infected by the ghosts they killed each other. How did these ones work together?
  • Something semi-related: what the hell happened to the guy that was infected by the ghost in front of his son a few episodes back. Did he die? They never brought him up again...

Cuburt

Ghost Rider is the best thing to happen to this show.

Next week will be nuts. I hope the SHIELD team mostly takes a backseat for this episode and they basically make it an all-Ghost Rider flashback episode/backdoor pilot for a spin-off.

Neoxon

Ghost Rider is the best thing to happen to this show.

Next week will be nuts. I hope the SHIELD team mostly takes a backseat for this episode and they basically make it an all-Ghost Rider flashback episode/backdoor pilot for a spin-off.
I'm glad he's kicking the show into high-gear. Now it's Season 2 levels of good, maybe even better if they can keep this hot streak up.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Sorry, guys, the Indians in the World Series took precedence for me last night. I'll have to try to catch up ... at some point ...

Macka

There was some silly stuff in this episode.

Skye, May and Coulson running away from prison inmates?
Daisy almost getting killed by one?
Coulson not being able to get through a door with his super hand?

Episodes 1-4 were great, but this was a bit of a dud imo. I did like the prison inmates putting themselves back in their cells at the sight of the Ghost though, lol.

Daisy was constantly fighting multiple enemies that were bigger and stronger than her. I liked that the fight was realistic: the enemies wouldn't stay down after one hit, and even though they had numbers at least they didn't do the whole "surround her and send one guy in at a time" trope.

Even May would eventually become overwhelmed by the numbers.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
There was some silly stuff in this episode.

Skye, May and Coulson running away from prison inmates?
Daisy almost getting killed by one?
Coulson not being able to get through a door with his super hand?

Episodes 1-4 were great, but this was a bit of a dud imo. I did like the prison inmates putting themselves back in their cells at the sight of the Ghost though, lol.

Well, she wasn't using her powers AND it was after taking on a horde of them, multiples at a time. It was fairly realistic on that front.

kurahador

Well, she wasn't using her powers AND it was after taking on a horde of them, multiples at a time. It was fairly realistic on that front.

She didn't use her powers during the whole John Wick thing in season 2.

I agree that it was abit off that May ran away considering that we knew she's practically invisible when it comes to hand to hand combat.

Coulson's awesome "Captain America" energy shield ;)
Daisy coming to save Coulson, sooo good. That smile he gave her. :)
Rider continues being amazing. Love how all the others just shit their pants and ran off or put themselves back in their cells and he just swagged out.
Daisy's extended fight was real good.
Simmons for the win.
"I invented that move" so true
Yup, Coulson's never giving up on ya.

Skye and Robbie's team should be called Shake N Bake

LOL :D

Can someone give Daisy some eyeshadow remover?

Yeah, it'd be about time, it's almost been too long now lol.

Can't take a spirit of vengeance into a all you can eat buffet.

LOL yeah, Mack had the right idea the first time lol. Rider's been so good though. They actually got him looking pretty damn cool on a TV budget too, love seeing him transformed kicking ass.

Random thoughts re-watching the eps:
This season feels like a budget upgrade, either that or just the tight way it's being shot or just a lot of energy. Little wasted scenes.
Been a couple of weeks but Fitz laying down that truth bomb to Daisy in ep 2 was still so good I still remember it, almost broke her down to tears. Coming from Fitz that was such a great line.
Also, that ep 3 Mack and Coulson beat down. Coulson's arm turning off ;)
That Lola chase was amazing lol. That cloaked Quinjet got me, ROFL :D And ofcourse getting the chain! And then throws it over his back as he walks off keeping it lol.

Slayven

they either handling the money right or they did get a budget upgrade. Lot more extras, more location shooting instead of hallways, qunikjet scenes, super powered battles, etc

Remmy2112

Circus shit?

with Motorcycle parts?

Who they fooling?

Yeah they in Johnny Blaze's house

And there was also a thick leather motorcycle jacket they moved, after saying it was
the family home of the one who killed the last reader of the Darkhold.
I'd say it is pretty clearly Johnny Blaze's house.

SRG01

And there was also a thick leather motorcycle jacket they moved, after saying it was
the family home of the one who killed the last reader of the Darkhold.
I'd say it is pretty clearly Johnny Blaze's house.

Hm. Maybe we'll get a Johnny Blaze cameo later this season then?

I didn't finish Season 3, but fuck, this season is good. Ghost Rider is off the fucking chain. Please give him his own show, and put it on Netflix.

I feel like if anyone ever questioned "what would happen if a Netflix hero ran into SHIELD" this season of AOS is basically what would happen.

Top Bottom