• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You don't go half a season referencing Ultron and shit
While constantly trying to push that this is different.

To turn around and have a cliff-hanger be
"......its fucking ultron..."
and if that isn't enough make it the next main arc.

They better really come through because man that is some Once Upon a Time level writing.

... Except it's not Ultron, the whole point is that she's going to replace people by literally replacing them to protect them. This is after she probably went insane by reading a magic book of evil. That's plenty different from standard, "A.I. on the internet, robot uprising" Ultron.

I don't even know how you reached that conclusion.

Khaz

... Except it's not Ultron, the whole point is that she's going to replace people by literally replacing them to protect them. This is after she probably went insane by reading a magic book of evil. That's plenty different from standard, "A.I. on the internet, robot uprising" Ultron.

She killed a dude. If her mission was to protect humans at all costs, even against their will, she would have incapacitated him and put him in the same state as May.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Guys. I still think Aida is not actually evil and this all just a big red herring. I think I figured it out.
Here's what I believe (spoiler-tagging just in case):
This is a callback to when May had the ghost madness thing. Remember that they had to kill her in order to bring her brain activity down to normal levels, but then there was that EMP power outage. They said that if they take too long with reviving her, May would suffer permanent brain damage. Turns out that she did. So Radcliffe decided to make a second LMD, one to replace May and cover up the whole thing of him and Simmons killing the real May. and her having suffered brain damage.
This also explains why Aida was working on that brain diagram in the ending of last week's episode once she'd absorbed the Darkhold - she's trying to figure out a way to repair the brain damage that May had taken. After all, her desire is to help and protect people.
Her entire arc also is about her learning about humanity, morality, as well as keeping secrets. They made a big deal about her lying about her status as an android in order to protect herself, as well as her creators. It's pretty safe to assume that in her mind, taking out the guy who was sent to clean out the lab was a big threat to the security of herself, Radcliffe, and the others, as well as potentially disrupting any progress she made on curing May, so she took him out of the equation.

That's what I think at least.

I really like this - if it's something like this, I think most people will be pretty happy.

It doesn't matter imo, its a Marvel television series that is "connected" with the movies.
Civil War dealt with the fallout of Ultron, Shield constantly referencing that and Ultron while saying how different she is only to turn around and have her killing a Shield agent as a cliff-hanger for the next arc.

If this was a DC show it would be fine or heck a few years from now,
but nope its an MCU show within a year and a half being terribly derivative of a movie in the same universe.

Its not good or interesting writing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Life Finds A May

sdC4Y5K.gif

OmegaFax

They need to do Marvel Zombies just so we can have a Day-Z title.

They need to hammer out a deal with Starz and do a Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness crossover adaption. Just a one off special or a miniseries would be so amazing. I'd love to see Ash fight a zombified Howard the Duck.

Man, when Director Mace was all bummed out on the plane before the mission, after the fight with Coulson, he said "We're not a team." Or whatever. Missed a real chance for a cheesy Avengers reference there.

"We're not a team, we're a time bomb!"

jph139

Man, great finale. I feel like they could have kept Eli around for longer without him getting stale, but I don't mind them keeping things brisk.

S4 took a bit to get going but by this point it's back up to S2 quality. Let's see if it keeps up or if they drop the ball.

Malyse

So far for subtitles, we've had:
Agents of SHIELD: Secret Warriors
Agents of SHIELD: Fallen Agent
Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider
Agents of SHIELD: LMD

Am I missing any?

Oh and it was confirmed that Johnny Blaze gave Robbie the Ghost Rider.

So far for subtitles, we've had:
Agents of SHIELD: Secret Warriors
Agents of SHIELD: Fallen Agent
Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider
Agents of SHIELD: LMD

Am I missing any?

Oh and it was confirmed that Johnny Blaze gave Robbie the Ghost Rider.

Jed and Mo said there were three arcs this season. GR, LMD, and ???

Any guesses where they'll go?

Khaz

Didn't they tease Savage Land at some point? I can't see them doing that with only half a season to go now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else think this picture makes it look like they'll be 'highlighting' (like May is now) more and more people as the season goes on? This could either be really great or really... not great. I choose to believe that it will be great.

This is an ingenious idea.
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that last night.

KarmaCow

Damn they are moving quick. As much as I liked Robbie and the Ghost Rider stuff I'm glad they aren't coyly dancing around the LMD and Aida threads.

Macka

Not so keen on Aida going wacko this soon tbh, if it all.

Aside from that, probably the best 8 episodes of the show in a row.

This doesn't work out. Don't know why I'm spoiler tagging this, but
May woke up right on the table, with Simmons watching. There was no opportunity for a swap and even if that was the plan, the equipment to create a May LMD wouldn't have been functioning at the time.

Well, I mean, perhaps I am wrong on the details, but I'd like to think that the brain diagram was for that reason.
I dunno, I just can't believe that Aida is going full evil.

So was the Sokovia Accords banning AI research something this show established, or was it actually mentioned in Civil War? I mean, it's a pretty hefty document, so I guess they can just make it say whatever the plot needs it to say.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So was the Sokovia Accords banning AI research something this show established, or was it actually mentioned in Civil War? I mean, it's a pretty hefty document, so I guess they can just make it say whatever the plot needs it to say.

Established in the show. It makes sense, tbf.

anaron

loved Daisy boosting into the sky. they've really embraced utilizing the powers through fantastical visuals

"maybe the comic book version" HA

Top Bottom