• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

CAW

Yeah, I was able to get to level 8 before I had to log to do somethings. Now I'm in a queue of about three hours. I'll pass on that and wait until tomorrow morning. Shouldn't be a queue on a Monday morning, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I guess technically I got a 'head start' but I was kind of hoping to do better than level 8. :lol

Is there a limit to the AFK Stores? I've been reading of people going AFK for upwards of two hours and not getting disconnected. Doesn't make sense really. Here you have these massive lines but no time limit to going AFK?

ep85

After the queue of eternity that didn't quite last 3 hours, I had a good block of playtime.

Currently @ lvl 11 and planning to specialize in armorsmithing.

Does anyone else not have the Apply In-Game Items link on their Account Management page even though they have a Collectors Edition/Pre-order Account? The account type when I go to the Game Accounts part also says Standard even though when you click on it it says otherwise. Would I have reason to believe NCSoft is fucking me over?

EDIT: Steam forums seem to say the same thing. Lets hope this is resolved.

Excko

HI,

If there is still room in the Legion, I'd like to join. My sorcerer's name is Rashka. She's a mage now but will be a sorcerer once she ascends.

Thanks.

hitsugi

funkmastergeneral said:
How much money does the legion need to expand? I have some Kinah I can contribute

It takes 120k kinah to expand. I also have some funds that I could toss in

daebo

So, it's not so bad early in the morning playing :lol I was able to get a couple of levels and get my Alchemy up to 15. It sucks I have training at work this week... Means I won't be home most nights till 11 :(

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Plan on making my dude today (looks like I'll be rolling a Sorc based on Legion need).

Love the logo. Will understand if I need to chill while you guys get some funds together for Legion expansion since I'm a bit LTTP.

RubxQub

Hmm...so apparently I can't make an Asmodian on Triniel?

...what the eff should I do, then?! :lol

RubxQub

How annoying. I want to make a character somewhere else so I can play, but ultimately I don't want to invest any time into a character that I don't plan to use all the way through.

Any word on if they're going to open up Asmodians on Trin again or are we totally in the dark?

Balya

I think it's still a balancing thing, like when more people make Elyos you can make Asmo again.

I've been stuck in queue for a while now, looks like another 20 minutes to go. Should have my pre-order/CE items, though.

RubxQub

Yeah, if you check out the server population:
http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/?serverID=6

It's currently 53% vs. 47% on Triniel.

Looking at the servers in general:
http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/

53% is the highest there is, so they most likely have a hard cap set that if the %'s get to 53, stop allowing people of that race create characters.

Guess I'll check the server stats from time to time to see if it ever shifts...but I'm so bummed that I don't even want to start a character cause I know it'll just be disposable.

we were almost at the 120k to get the legion bumped up. so if you guys dont get invites right away, just be patient. They'll get to you

RubxQub said:
Yeah, if you check out the server population:
http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/?serverID=6

It's currently 53% vs. 47% on Triniel.

Looking at the servers in general:
http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/

53% is the highest there is, so they most likely have a hard cap set that if the %'s get to 53, stop allowing people of that race create characters.

Guess I'll check the server stats from time to time to see if it ever shifts...but I'm so bummed that I don't even want to start a character cause I know it'll just be disposable.

Even if you could make a character there's a 1500 person queue at the moment.

RubxQub

funkmastergeneral said:
Even if you could make a character there's a 1500 person queue at the moment.
I guess that makes me feel a little better...but not really :D

RubxQub said:
I guess that makes me feel a little better...but not really :D

I've been sitting in it for an hour and have only moved about 500 spots. For people that actually have lives and can't sit in front of the computer all day it's impossible to play whether or not you can even make a character.

RubxQub

I still remember when WoW first launched it had issues just like this, but nowhere near to this degree...and you can't get away with this poor of a launch with a non-Blizzard title.

Even at it's worst WoW had MAYBE an hour or so queue, MAYBE. There were plenty of servers and no population balancing in place so hopping in wasn't really a big deal.

...but again. There is a WoW now, and launches NEED to be much smoother in order to have people's first experiences with the game be positive so they'll stick around a lot longer.

Kinda disappointed, but hopefully this chaos will be short lived.

Lebron

RubxQub said:
I still remember when WoW first launched it had issues just like this, but nowhere near to this degree...and you can't get away with this poor of a launch with a non-Blizzard title.
Not to mention they've had 3 other launches prior to this(Japan, China, Korea). So it's not like it was anything new.

daebo

I just hope everybody is logged off and off to bed by the time I get home to play :lol

I've been thinking about this damn game all day...

Lebron

daebo said:
I just hope everybody is logged off and off to bed by the time I get home to play :lol
Oh they'll go to bed, but instead of signing off they just put up a private store and go AFK :p

Though I hear they are considering disabling private stores until they get the server queue mess sorted out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finished getting a replay of the ALabama/North Texas game. Going to watch it while I wait!*

*That is not a good thing

CAW

Of course, most popular class; Sorcerer. I seem to always choose the most played class in MMOs. :lol

SleazyC

38 minutes to go. Been sitting in this queue for about an hour and 40 minutes at this point. Can't wait to see what tomorrows queue time will be like.

daebo

Lebron said:
Oh they'll go to bed, but instead of signing off they just put up a private store and go AFK :p

Though I hear they are considering disabling private stores until they get the server queue mess sorted out.

Oh god... I didn't even think about it. Hell, maybe I should start doing that :p (not really, i'm at work more than I'm home, not worth it really)

Lonestar

Just over an hour since I started the 3 hour que. Still having 1 hour 42 minute. By the time I'm in, it's going to be time to go to bed. :lol

hitsugi

Lonestar said:
Just over an hour since I started the 3 hour que. Still having 1 hour 42 minute. By the time I'm in, it's going to be time to go to bed. :lol

hmm I think I'm gonna have to start timing this remotely from work so that by the time I get home it's ready to play x.x I thought things would have improved though

RubxQub

Good news: It looks like I'll be able to create an Asmodian, as the server percentages are back at 52/48 and I didn't get the message saying I couldn't.

Bad news: I'm in the queue for 3+ hours...so by the time I actually create a character the %'s could have totally flipped and I'm fucked :lol

Lonestar

Another hour gone by (hey, almost done with my recorded football game!) and still 40 minutes left on the timer.

RubxQub

So apparently (for me at least) the calculation assumes that 10 people will drop every minute from the queue.

1800 people ahead of me = 3 hour wait.
1 hour = 60 minutes.
3 hours = 180 minutes

1800 people / 180 minutes = 10 people a minute.

Did I need to type any of this? No.
Did it help me waste a minute? Yes.

Lonestar

It's so sad...there's like 20-40 AFK stores in the beginning area. About 5 or so literally at the spot where you first sign into the game...

RubxQub

Lonestar said:
It's so sad...there's like 20-40 AFK stores in the beginning area. About 5 or so literally at the spot where you first sign into the game...
44 more minutes!

Can't wait to uh...make my dude and then probably go to sleep...or run out and get Halo: ODST or something :lol

No way I'm going to be able to start trucking through just yet after all this...just getting on the right server and side will make me happy for one night.

Exhilarating first day for me!

RubxQub

So we still need mage-types, yeah?

daebo

-sigh- I thought I would get lucky and have no queue. No luck =/

:lol I have some serious nerd rage going on right now.

RubxQub

Got in and made my mage.

Ruebix

Feel free to send me love if you see me in the game :D

tomei

Man finally got booted from the server after getting in at launch and staying on the server for 22 hours. :lol

Now waiting in queue for 2 hours after work sucks.

Top Bottom