• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed |OT| No shoes, no shirt, all fanservice!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, I unlocked a ton of options after beating the game, along with items for getting both the Shizuku & sis routes completed.

& YES, something that displays what options increase affection levels. I have wanted that to be in a game for SO long.

There's a book store hidden at the far corner of Akihabara Park that I missed at first which turned out to be the one I missed. It's a giant building across the street that you can't just walk up to.
I got that one already. Wish there was something in-game telling me all the stores or some kind of checklist I could look at.

Ok GAF, you better have not misled me.

ONImdO7WSNxZ8d8IJ10ohySzb4N_mXNJXQ91pUvL5XtPSXSRZiUd5VW2m4vnyAKbLgzmqg=w1000-h480

Aske

Can't wait for the PS4 version. I don't know if I'll enjoy it, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't support a project like this.

Pics_nao

Already at the final boss. I'm crying now.

Loved the Tales of Graces f reference XSeed threw in there. Couldn't stop loling for a few minutes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What was it? I missed it since I didn't play Graces f.

& hahahahah, a 600 attack weapon on Casual. This is so much easier.

Just started playing, and oh god I remember this guy's voice (green haired dude in suit), don't know from where, but I do (I'm using english dub for the first playthrough, then japanese dub on the NG+).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
NOOOOOOOOOOO, there's ANOTHER rank after S?! Man, so glad I'm doing this on Casual now. I finally managed to reach it, but I'm still early in the game, so I need to level up more & get better weapons to use to upgrade my main one.

Just started playing, and oh god I remember this guy's voice (green haired dude in suit), don't know from where, but I do (I'm using english dub for the first playthrough, then japanese dub on the NG+).
He reminded me of Valvatorez from Disgaea 4. Am I on the money, those in the know?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, congrats thread. I guess.
This game was never on my radar, yet for some reason, I ordered all three versions from Amazon last night.

Hoping at least the Vita one gets here before I have to leave for a 2 week flight oversears Tuesday afternoon. Or do I?

Pics_nao

What was it? I missed it since I didn't play Graces f.

& hahahahah, a 600 attack weapon on Casual. This is so much easier.

During the Rank B arena fight one of the enemies comes out and says "Dance like the damned. Instant Balls!" That's what it sounds like during Hubert's first mystic arte. There's even a YouTube video on it and everything

JPS Kai

During the Rank B arena fight one of the enemies comes out and says "Dance like the damned. Instant Balls!" That's what it sounds like during Hubert's first mystic arte. There's even a YouTube video on it and everything

Just wait until you get to the politician set. There's a representative from The Rent Is Too Damn High party.

So I'm trying to get the 12 strip combo trophy but everytime i get to the twelfth strip it automatically does the white flash finisher where everyone leaves their underwear. Am I doing something wrong?

So I'm trying to get the 12 strip combo trophy but everytime i get to the twelfth strip it automatically does the white flash finisher where everyone leaves their underwear. Am I doing something wrong?

Could just be you're not fast enough. The higher your combo goes the less time you have to push the button. Took me a while to get this too cause of that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so you gotta so the Supreme Ruler rank to get the Stripism cosplay clothes...........sadly, I missed out on getting the underwear. Guess I'll have to try again on an Easy playthrough. At least I got the complete clothing set for all of them. Just a shame that you can't redo a challenge unless you do another playthrough or save right before it.

Edit: Awww, Antoinette doesn't have her own special cutscene. Least I got her clothes & weapon.

& there's gotta be a way to get underwear aside from a 8+ strip chain, isn't there?

Also, was I the only one who was thinking if you equipped (I guess NG+ unlockable item spoilers)
King's Pants & King's Suit, if the enemy tore them, it's be the white light from the strip chain?

So, this Silent Mode 3 mission is officially driving me batty.

The last fight won't trigger anywhere. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, or if I'm just having very bad luck.

If anyone has completed the Silent Mode 3 side mission, can you please confirm it here, and tell me who's route you did it on? I might just have to abandon it for now and try again on another playthrough. (I'm playing Shion's route currently.)

I managed to finish it and I'm on Rin's route. I looked in all the areas the mission told me to check but I was only able to find them in UD+, Showa Street Exit, and Junk Street. I searched very thoroughly in the other 3 areas and they didn't appear at all. This was also the first time in these missions any of them appeared in UD+ for me.

Hatsuu

XSEED

Hubert is my precious baby.

The Japanese joke was based off of another Acquire game, Shinobido, involving some word being commonly misheard by Japanese fans or sounding similar to another phrase or something. I can't quite remember the explanation my co-worker gave me a while back. It came out in Europe, but never in NA, and the original joke was lost after looking through some videos to see if the original joke could be salvaged in English.

Lucentto

Banned
Just got all the endings, 23 hours. Great game, easily one of the better games I played this year so far. XSEED did a fantastic job with the localization. Now to wait for the PS4 version so I can platinum the game.

I had this exact problem last night. Eventually, they appeared in UD+ right near the entrance.
Do you remember where you fought all three groups? I already battled the ones on Junk Street & UD+, but I can't get any more to pop up anywhere, including in the first two locations.

I managed to finish it and I'm on Rin's route. I looked in all the areas the mission told me to check but I was only able to find them in UD+, Showa Street Exit, and Junk Street. I searched very thoroughly in the other 3 areas and they didn't appear at all. This was also the first time in these missions any of them appeared in UD+ for me.
Thanks for the confirmation. I've checked the spot they are supposed to appear on Showa Street Exit dozens of times, and still nothing.

This is super frustrating. Is anyone on Shion's route having the same problem? Maybe it's exclusive to her route.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you remember where you fought all three groups? I already battled the ones on Junk Street & UD+, but I can't get any more to pop up anywhere, including in the first two locations.
Let's see, first group was in Showa Street Exit near the middle, then the 2nd group in Akihabara Park on the corner road/near the underpass.

& I'm really digging how each girl each their own special scenes/dialogues if you have them as a partner. Makes replaying the game more enjoyable because I like to see how they differ.

Busaiku

So I'm going off to Akihabara Park for the 1st story mission there, how much more of the game is there?
It still says I haven't made any progress with anyone.

Let's see, first group was in Showa Street Exit near the middle, then the 2nd group in Akihabara Park on the corner road/near the underpass.

& I'm really digging how each girl each their own special scenes/dialogues if you have them as a partner. Makes replaying the game more enjoyable because I like to see how they differ.
Zonic, that was exactly the information I was searching for.

No one was able to tell me where in Akihabara Park the thugs appear, and there were just where you said. (I kept looking in the actual park area.)

Thank you so much! :D

So I'm going off to Akihabara Park for the 1st story mission there, how much more of the game is there?
It still says I haven't made any progress with anyone.
You have
six more
missions on the main route before it'll lock you into a particular girl's route. After that, it's
6-10 more
missions, depending on the route.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No problem. I guess consider that thanks for the help on the mission that I was stuck on. :p

Alright, finally got a 999 weapon. Got 600 shirt & pants, and 300 headphones (that I should probably upgrade soon). Hopefully a few more playthroughs on Easy & Casual will get me prepared for Otaku.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm trying to think of a similar series that had a final episode that everyone hated, but nothing comes to mind.....well maybe Eva, but I don't think that's what it was referencing.

So like, save for one side-mission, does Nana ever join you/can I get some specific scenes/dialogue if I bring her for a main story mission?

& WOW, you sure won't get any skimpier than the Stripism underwear from the round 3 fight of the final arena match.

Busaiku

Wait, all the e-mails for that person wanting to meet outside the arcade...
Don't tell me those were Rin...

I've been ignoring them all this time...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to spend money on? I have about 50 grand and havent bought anything yet. I have a keyboard with 50 attack, a striped shirt with 20 def, jeans with 10, and no hat.

Also, any suggestions on some good weapons to get early on? The keyboard i have has waaay more damage than anything else, but i absolutely hate the moveset...

Edit: also, are those books that let you strip certain articles of clothing easier worthwhile? Oh, and if one of your articles of clothing are ripped off, are they gone forever?

Anyone have any suggestions on what to spend money on? I have about 50 grand and havent bought anything yet. I have a keyboard with 50 attack, a striped shirt with 20 def, jeans with 10, and no hat.

Also, any suggestions on some good weapons to get early on? The keyboard i have has waaay more damage than anything else, but i absolutely hate the moveset...

Edit: also, are those books that let you strip certain articles of clothing easier worthwhile? Oh, and if one of your articles of clothing are ripped off, are they gone forever?
Pick a weapon you like and keep upgrading it, preferably with weapons of the same type. If you're using the one hand weapon, a good item for upgrading is the microphone, bought at Radio Kaikan at the store beside the Art Dealership.

Use suit tops and bottoms to upgrade your chosen shirt and pants/skirt. (Main Street SE at the Suit Shop.) Use Red sunvisors to upgrade your hat of choice, purchased at animate Hon-kan on Main Street NE.

You can buy back ripped off gear at 5days at the Electric Town Plaza, near the cardboard cutouts.

Tevren

Anyone have any idea if lower difficulties make the chain-strip timer more forgiving? I've hit 11 several times, but seem to always miss the 12th which is a trophy trigger. Playing o Gamer, so if it's relaxed o lower difficulties, I won't stress it so much this run.

squall23

It depends. If you win a fight, you get all your clothes back. If you just run away to another area, it's gone.

Rarutos

I just can't get over how good
Soga
's strip image is at all. It's almost too much! Except not. It's pretty much my in-game smartphone wallpaper permanently, lol.

Thank you, XSEED for this addition.

Beat the game (Tohko's route)
Going to take a break before going back to clear other routes.

Really enjoyable.
I'd say it's pretty much a Way of the Samurai game. Near the same level of customization, the ability to leave Akiba at any time, everyone carries their "weapon" with them, weird movesets, etc.

Glad I picked it up.

Telekinetic stripping is amazing

Beat the game (Tohko's route)
Going to take a break before going back to clear other routes.

Really enjoyable.
I'd say it's pretty much a Way of the Samurai game. Near the same level of customization, the ability to leave Akiba at any time, everyone carries their "weapon" with them, weird movesets, etc.

Glad I picked it up.

Telekinetic stripping is amazing

dKuYAhH.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seems some of these missions are a bit odd for me. Forgot the name of a mission, but it was one where someone tweeted about an offline meeting, and suddenly there was a group that the girl wanted to be dispursed so that she could go home. Supposedly takes place in Electric City Plaza (or Center), and.... I wasn't sure what to look for.

I skipped it because I couldn't find what I was suppose to do there. Seems finding my objectives is a bit difficult for me. Also not sure why I started on Gamer given how everything hits like a truck, and I'm not seeing too big of a increase on attacks really (not really sure what leveling helps with either).

Still enjoying this game despite all this. Will definitely pick up the PS4 version as well.

Oh, for that mission, you need to talk to the girl, then go to the place she show. There will be a group of fanboy there. Just push them around using o button, then start fighting them

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
One of my favorite imports last year. Glad that everyone seems to be enjoying it. Waiting for the PS4 version before I jump in for the localized. Seriously didn't think this would come out here and I look forward to playing it again.

fahad

Neo Member
I'm quite interested in this game , but still not sure if I'm gonna like it + just started playing Sword Art Online : Hollow Fargment , and it's taking all my time

So what do you think guys ? Should I get it ?

I'm quite interested in this game , but still not sure if I'm gonna like it + just started playing Sword Art Online : Hollow Fargment , and it's taking all my time

So what do you think guys ? Should I get it ?
Do you like silly beat 'em ups with light RPG and VN elements + equal fanserivce? If so, then yes.

It's a really fun game, and it can be beaten (at least one time through) in a few days. I thoroughly enjoy it.

Top Bottom