• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

kinda funny watching most of e3 and being like "but really, nothing will hype me up nearly as much as ZE3 announcement"

takoyaki

Yeah, that GT reaction video going around? That will
may or may not
be us in a couple of weeks time lol.

to add to that:
“In cases like this, cynicism is rewarded … but living is about being excited for what might happen in the future"

Mahatma Gandhi
didn't say that, Kyle Bosman from GT did. Still a great quote and pretty fitting imo. 14 weeks down, 2 to go; It's almost over.

takoyaki

When is anime expo? Seems we'll get ZE3 revealed then.

Anime Expo (AX) July 2nd - 5th, 2015

Aksys has a panel July 3, 13.00-14.00

The teaser ends at exactly 13:00 that day

If you want to know more, please check the "short recap" part in the OP, it's always updated if something changes

Tizoc

Anime Expo (AX) July 2nd - 5th, 2015

Aksys has a panel July 3, 13.00-14.00

The teaser ends at exactly 13:00 that day

If you want to know more, please check the "short recap" part in the OP, it's always updated if something changes

I must have missed it then sorry ^^;
Thanks for the info though.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're jynxed
Well, carp....Sorry! :<

It would be kind of impressive if all this was for an Android version of the 999 iOS port.
It would be... If it's going to be anything mobile, I'd expect VLR. But this doesn't feel like that. :/

Whatever the announcement is, it has to be big to warrant this amount of buildup. (I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this until a week ago!)

EDIT: Was reading around and found this: http://ice-999.tumblr.com/post/121492974048/guys-i-cant-handle-this-for-much-longer-these

CUT-HERE can be rearranged to THE-CURE.
Now, I can't remember any mention of The Cure in 999 or VLR, but it does ring a bell from Ever17... I've heard people talking about it and Never7 too, but I won't mention more because of possible spoilers.

Either way, I find it very interesting...

Well, carp....Sorry! :<

It would be... If it's going to be anything mobile, I'd expect VLR. But this doesn't feel like that. :/

Whatever the announcement is, it has to be big to warrant this amount of buildup. (I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this until a week ago!)

EDIT: Was reading around and found this: http://ice-999.tumblr.com/post/121492974048/guys-i-cant-handle-this-for-much-longer-these

Now, I can't remember any mention of The Cure in 999 or VLR, but it does ring a bell from Ever17... I've heard people talking about it and Never7 too, but I won't mention more because of possible spoilers.

Either way, I find it very interesting...

I had seen a screenshot but not the whole thing, thanks for the link!

GLuigi

I hope I will be able to make it to the panel at AX in person. I'm hoping that the line for badge pick up won't be as long when I get there on July 3rd.

ArjanN

Two weeks left. Wow, time went by pretty fast, I feel like it was yesterday that Aksys started all this.

Zero Escape 3 seem like a given, but honestly this ran for waaaay too long. IMO you really shouldn't do some buildup ARG / countdown for more than like a week tops.

Aye, our journey together as a group is coming to an end.

Color me sad. :(

L4WVXLa.gif

We're getting off the Anticipation Bus and moving on to the Hype Speedtrain. Just 13 days to go!

Also I think it would be more fun if we actually played Ever17 or Remember11 as a group. :D

takoyaki

We're getting off the Anticipation Bus and moving on to the Hype Speedtrain. Just 13 days to go!

I have one last Group-Photo(shop) prepared for us to remember the craziness that was 4infinity, but not a hypetrain or any kind of moving chair; not making that mistake again ;) Everyone who's looking forward to the announcement and who wants his/her avatar in the picture sight unseen can PM me "in" (or something short like that) so posts about it won't distract from the active discussion in this thread, more details in the last 48 hours (after we've hopefully made some progress solving this thing and can really enjoy the final moments)

Also I think it would be more fun if we actually played Ever17 or Remember11 as a group. :D

Playing the Infinity series is a great idea as well, I've played through 1-3 in the last 6 months, but reading what other GAFfers from this thread think about them would be really interesting.

Wurliwurm

is there any place to find ever17 or remember11? i can´t find them. i dont care if its german or english but i cant read japanese.

is there any place to find ever17 or remember11? i can´t find them. i dont care if its german or english but i cant read japanese.

Remember11 has a fan translation IIRC that you can patch onto the Japanese version. I don't know where to get a Japanese version from, check Playasia and amazon JP. Ever17 was localized and released on disk, which goes for $200 or something nowadays and is your only way of legally playing Ever17 in English, I'm afraid.

Irru

Neo Member
e8493279cf.png

Seems we'll be getting our answer as to if there'll be a livestream next Monday.

Fingers crossed, people!

D-Man

How likely do you guys think that Uchikoshi will show up for the event? I'm thinking he probably won't be there because he's busy with Punchline, but it would be a nice surprise to see him pop up.

takoyaki

^ The way I see this playing out is the counter ends when the panel begins, the words will unscramble at some point during the panel and finally make sense, then Uchikoshi will show up as a surprise guest or via a video message. The franchise is his baby and people have been bugging him about it for 2+ years, I can't see the reveal happening without him being there in some form. There's also only one episode left in the Punchline Anime.

Seems we'll be getting our answer as to if there'll be a livestream next Monday.

sounds promising, thanks for posting this.

I'm sorry for not posting that "something good"- the last few days have been rather hectic and tomorrow's a big day for me for personal reasons. I think I'll be able to release it later next week at the very earliest.

Wazzy

Banned
I can't believe the announcement is almost here. I'm happy i've put it off for most of this so that I'm not constantly obsessing over the announcement and burning myself out over it.

Give me ZE3333333333333

I just want to say this thread, the ones before it, have been an absolute blast to read. I'm not very smart or saavy, so I'm sorry I couldn't partake much in the puzzle solving. But it's been a fun ride for everyone and I can't wait till the countdown is finally over!

Shizuka

Aye, our journey together as a group is coming to an end.

Color me sad. :(

Indeed, it was a fun journey, but it's time

It's just the start of something even better!

I just hope it doesn't take another year or so before we get the game.

You know, Shizuka, time really is relative.

It really is, can I fast-forward it to July 3rd now?

You know takoyaki, there really is Zero Escape. &#128007;

Now that's gold.

Zero Escape 3 seem like a given, but honestly this ran for waaaay too long. IMO you really shouldn't do some buildup ARG / countdown for more than like a week tops.

It was kinda useless to do this last for months, I don't know what Aksys was thinking.

takoyaki

I'm also really happy about how this turned out in the end. After the initial hype, when it slowly became clear how long those lunatics at Aksys wanted us to wait, everyone calmed down and participated in solving the puzzle; not just by coming up with theory after theory, but also by writing a friendly post once in a while or by making an effort to just be nice to each other. Gotta say, ZE fans really are pretty great :)

If there is a live stream I am thinking of doing a Personal twitch chat just for gaf(and maybe the people of reddit too?)

Good idea, that would probably work best. I'd say make it open to the redditors from the VLR subreddit and the people on the VLR thread over on Court-Records Forum as well, this has really been a team-effort "across boarders". Let' see what news Monday brings about the panel, if you want to do a livestream, mention it maybe 24-48h before the start of the panel so we can all swap twitch-names and put a link in the OP.

Swamped

Banned
This is going to suck so much, I'll be on a plane during the panel :(. So if they do livestream it, please think of me!!!

takoyaki

This is going to suck so much, I'll be on a plane during the panel :(. So if they do livestream it, please think of me!!!

That's really bad timing. This is one of those rare circumstances where I'd consider paying for onboard Wifi/ plane internet if it's available, or I could write you a text after the announcement happend. Also, I have to point out that you will be hyped on an airplaine, unsure of the outcome of the teaser. that's literally a hype-plane :)

Swamped

Banned
That's really bad timing. This is one of those rare circumstances where I'd consider paying for onboard Wifi/ plane internet if it's available, or I could write you a text after the announcement happend. Also, I have to point out that you will be hyped on an airplaine, unsure of the outcome of the teaser. that's literally a hype-plane :)

Yeah!! Hype-plane > hype-train. Aw, thanks for the offer to text, but I'm flying international to a place where my phone won't work. I'll be sure to check in as soon as I can though!

Break into the cockpit and demand updates via radio*.

LOL! I mean, under normal circumstances that would be crazy, but I'm not sure if waiting for the reveal to a 4 month long teaser counts as 'normal'...Pilot will understand ;)

Thanks for cheering me up you all!

redhood56

Banned
I'm also really happy about how this turned out in the end. After the initial hype, when it slowly became clear how long those lunatics at Aksys wanted us to wait, everyone calmed down and participated in solving the puzzle; not just by coming up with theory after theory, but also by writing a friendly post once in a while or by making an effort to just be nice to each other. Gotta say, ZE fans really are pretty great :)

Good idea, that would probably work best. I'd say make it open to the redditors from the VLR subreddit and the people on the VLR thread over on Courtroom Forums as well, this has really been a team-effort "across boarders". Let' see what news Monday brings about the panel, if you want to do a livestream, mention it maybe 24-48h before the start of the panel so we can all swap twitch-names and put a link in the OP.
That sounds good to me, If there is a live stream I'll make the twitch chat a couple days before hand and open it up to all the places you mentioned.

1:00 PM Los Angeles...
Here where I live it'll be 6:00 AM of the day after. I will be awake and well, ready to party!
Really, really hyped.
I want to believe and I will join whatever twitch/stream/shenanigan you will create!

Indeed, it was a fun journey, but it's time

It was kinda useless to do this last for months, I don't know what Aksys was thinking.

The only thing that made sense is that we needed to get the words once per week OR when the counter started OR the numbers the counter displayed throughout the teaser are critically important. and as we know it is just a countdown and that nothing would have changed (as far as we know) if the words appeared quicker, it is very likely that it was made so to draw attention to the number the counter started with, and I can't bring myself to explain what 0303 might mean.

The only other explanation is that they might have wanted us to have ample time to solve the puzzle of the site, but that doesn't make much sense either as words needed to solve the puzzle are revealed over time.

The only thing that made sense is that we needed to get the words once per week OR when the counter started OR the numbers the counter displayed throughout the teaser are critically important. and as we know it is just a countdown and that nothing would have changed (as far as we know) if the words appeared quicker, it is very likely that it was made so to draw attention to the number the counter started with, and I can't bring myself to explain what 0303 might mean.

The only other explanation is that they might have wanted us to have ample time to solve the puzzle of the site, but that doesn't make much sense either as words needed to solve the puzzle are revealed over time.

I thought it was simpler than that. The words depict the typical solving of a 999/VLR room, words that run through your head. Some of them translate to actual things, such as the latt/long of the convention center and the time.

if these words/numbers can be attributed to something besides 999/VLR, then at least we have few options to weigh as to which game this will turn out to be.

grim-tales

Interesting. We know that the co-ordinates are definite things (the events location), what we dont know is what words like Gab, ice-cream and CUT-HERE relate to. And what about firefighter?
Firefighter could refer to 999 - which is, after all, the UK's emergency number
:)
I'll be up for a twitch stream/whatever (I'm not a member there yet though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom