• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation |OT| 1 Alien. 1 Ripley. No Jonesy.

Have GMG's codes gone out? Thinking about buying it from them now since its releases on Steam so soon.

Edit: Yes, got the code as soon as I purchased.

I would have had time to play tonight.. not so much tomorrow. I know the official launch date isn't till tomorrow, but still!
1st world problems, much? lol

I'm pretty annoyed they don't release the key when the game comes out.

Especially here in Australia, where the game is out in an hour, I could have played a little, guess I'll play tomorrow :(

Apparently my copy has been shipped and should be here tomorrow (PS4)
I'm excited, I don't really play horror games (fuck PT) but I love Alien and I played it at EGX Rezzed and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sephzilla

So Steam unlocks in an hour? Any chance street date for physical console copies might get broken a little early as well?
Please?
Pretty please?

Watched Alien last night to get myself pumped up.

_DrMario_

Fan-fucking-tastic. Of course I learn it releases early after paying for a key in the BST.

Now I have 90 minutes to receive the key before I get fucked over by region lock.

mekes

The game is scary :(

I haven't been scared playing a game since Silent Hill 2, I don't even know how long ago that was but its a damn long time. I'm spooked playing this game. Really enjoying it so far, its packed full of tension and its very claustrophobic.

In ways it feels like an ode to the olden days of gaming. I'm talking about the save points. I like them, personally. Losing my position and having to re-do an area is something I'll take on the chin and be okay with. Progression takes time too, since you have to explore areas to find out how to proceed in the simplest of ways. Something that plays in well when the Alien is around.

I'm liking it for these reasons. I was on the fence initially but the game itself has won me over. If you thought you wouldn't mind the save stations and want the Alien experience, buy it, play it on hard. It feels old fashioned but I've had more generations of gaming having to use memory cards and manually save than I have had with auto save. Its nice to play a game with checkpoints again! Possibly weird, but its how I feel.. I didn't even have a memory card when I played through Resident Evil. *shrugs*

Interfectum

The game is scary :(

I haven't been scared playing a game since Silent Hill 2, I don't even know how long ago that was but its a damn long time. I'm spooked playing this game. Really enjoying it so far, its packed full of tension and its very claustrophobic.

In ways it feels like an ode to the olden days of gaming. I'm talking about the save points. I like them, personally. Losing my position and having to re-do an area is something I'll take on the chin and be okay with. Progression takes time too, since you have to explore areas to find out how to proceed in the simplest of ways. Something that plays in well when the Alien is around.

I'm liking it for these reasons. I was on the fence initially but the game itself has won me over. If you thought you wouldn't mind the save stations and want the Alien experience, buy it, play it on hard. It feels old fashioned but I've had more generations of gaming having to use memory cards and manually save than I have had with auto save. Its nice to play a game with checkpoints again! Possibly weird, but its how I feel.. I didn't even have a memory card when I played through Resident Evil. *shrugs*

Sounds awesome, thanks for the impressions. Can't wait!

Will the Crew Expendable DLC be available to purchase after release? I can't afford it right now, but I'll buy the game in the future, maybe on a sale.

CHC

re: Sega's announcement today... Worldwide means worldwide right? As in the game unlocks in a half-hour even here in New York?

Spookie

Wait it's releasing early? Is that because of retail dropping the game early in peoples letterboxes?

Fair play to SEGA they didn't have to do it but that was nice of them!

So its been years since i saw the original Alien movie, im going to watch it today in anticipation of tommorows Release (got it pre-ordered on Xbox One). My question to you guys is should i watch the theatrical cut or the directors cut?

SpaceHorror

So its been years since i saw the original Alien movie, im going to watch it today in anticipation of tommorows Release (got it pre-ordered on Xbox One). My question to you guys is should i watch the theatrical cut or the directors cut?

Theatrical. Ridley Scott stated this is his director's cut and that it's perfect. The "director's cut" was made as a sort of curiosity for the fans who wanted several deleted scenes inserted back in.

Plus, the theatrical is superior.

Sephzilla

For Alien watch the theatrical cut. In my opinion, outside of once scene, the director's cut adds little to nothing and kind of wrecks the pacing of the movie.

Aliens is the one that warrants watching the director's cut.

Cigol

Directors cut without a doubt. The automatic turret sequences, I can't live without'em.

Ulysses 31

One is the vision of the business suits, the other is the one of the director, Ridley Scott, himself.

Always Ridley Scott director's cut.

CHC

What is the game like on easy?

I'm sorry I haven't read the whole thread.

Pretty sure that difficulty mainly affects the alien's behavior - like it's ability to find you and threshold for running away. It kills you immediately on any difficulty from what I understand, it's not like on easy you can suddenly go toe-to-toe.

Norci7

Theatrical Cut. The DC is too fast, it hurts the atmosphere.

wickfut

Banned
So this unlocks in the hour, but if you purchased a key from G2A they won't be sending your key out until tomorrow :(

Greetings

The keys will be sent tomorrow. Of course, we will do our best to send them as soon as possible.

Best regards

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
wrong film, theatrical cut

v0yce

Theatrical.

One is the vision of the business suits, the other is the one of the director, Ridley Scott, himself.

Always Ridley Scott director's cut.

I'm not sure you have that right.

"Upon viewing the proposed expanded version of the film, I felt that the cut was simply too long and the pacing completely thrown off. After all, I cut those scenes out for a reason back in 1979. However, in the interest of giving the fans a new experience with Alien, I figured there had to be an appropriate middle ground. I chose to go in and recut that proposed long version into a more streamlined and polished alternate version of the film. For marketing purposes, this version is being called "The Director's Cut." -RS

Top Bottom