• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

Saying we are Dumb as a species doesn't take away anything you've said.
It's not a either-or situation.

We can be incredibly unique , smartest species on the planet , all that jazz, and incredibly dumb at the same time.
Most of the population is incredibly dumb by our own standard, as George Carlin said, take your average American and now think that 50% of the population is dumber than that.

My position if anything is agnostic. Just waiting for strong evidence to be shown.

As for your long explanation you've just described the process of Science.
It stumbles, it makes progress until it doesn't, It doesn't have to make sense to you or anybody.
And we are just following along, pushed foward by the 0.1% of Humans who actually know what they are doing.

You sir just earned some love from me. If I wasn't a cheap ass mo-fo, I would award you some gold. Anybody who quotes Carlin to me is a friend.

The thing about the science is that we have to keep a reasonable perspective on both sides of the fence when it pertains to alien life. There seems almost to be a folly in both directions among intellectuals, and I get there are true dumbasses in every circle. For now, it's just: there could be life in nearby solar systems. There could not be life for hundreds of light years from us. There could be types of complex life that just love red dwarf radiation. It could be that only stars like our own can give life the energy it needs.

Maybe the rest of the universe is populated by silicon-based life. Maybe that's where micro-processors came from (the Roswell crash) and we've been enslaving cpu lifeforms to play our video games for decades now.

Here is my take on it.

• Governements can't be trusted
  • Governements aren't competent
  • A bunch of Apes can't make sense of poorly shot videos
  • There aren't enough collaborating data of the same event to establish decent conclusion
  • We (Humans) aren't that interessing
  • We (Humans) are pretty dumb
  • There is plenty of things about Earth we don't understand
  • History teaches us that we are pretty good at making stuff up until science explain it

Being a good Bayesian , I would give Aliens visiting us a good 0.000000001% chance
And I think I'm being very generous.

ufo-sightings.png

Looks like the "Aliens" really like the English speaking world too.
Just like the movies were they usually attack the USA.

Also some classic basic reasoning principles:

• Occam's razor: Simpler explanations are more likely to be correct; avoid unnecessary or improbable assumptions.
  • Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
  • Hitchens's razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
  • Hume's guillotine: What ought to be cannot be deduced from what is. "If the cause, assigned for any effect, be not sufficient to produce it, we must either reject that cause, or add to it such qualities as will give it a just proportion to the effect."
  • Alder's razor: If something cannot be settled by experiment or observation, then it is not worthy of debate.
  • Sagan standard: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
  • Popper's falsifiability principle: For a theory to be considered scientific, it must be falsifiable.
  • Grice's razor: As a principle of parsimony, conversational implications are to be preferred over semantic context for linguistic explanations.

The chart is meaningless - the MUFORC is run by one, now elderly, man based in the US. Of course he mostly gets US reports. Your argument would be like reporting the spots a local animal shelter picked up cats at during the year and claiming cats don't exist outside the county. Context matters.

Typically alien strawmanning after that. We have reports corroborated at multiple levels of objects accelerating beyond our engineering capabilities, shooting straight up from stationary hovering, entering and exiting water at high speed and not being broken to bits, etc. Natural phenomenon don't really cover that - you need energy sources that aren't really there naturally. So what is the simplest explanation? What is an "extraordinary claim"? It's all 100% subjective.

Romulus

Here is my take on it.

• Governements can't be trusted
  • Governements aren't competent
  • A bunch of Apes can't make sense of poorly shot videos
  • There aren't enough collaborating data of the same event to establish decent conclusion
  • We (Humans) aren't that interessing
  • We (Humans) are pretty dumb
  • There is plenty of things about Earth we don't understand
  • History teaches us that we are pretty good at making stuff up until science explain it

Being a good Bayesian , I would give Aliens visiting us a good 0.000000001% chance
And I think I'm being very generous.

ufo-sightings.png

Looks like the "Aliens" really like the English speaking world too.
Just like the movies were they usually attack the USA.

Also some classic basic reasoning principles:

• Occam's razor: Simpler explanations are more likely to be correct; avoid unnecessary or improbable assumptions.
  • Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
  • Hitchens's razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
  • Hume's guillotine: What ought to be cannot be deduced from what is. "If the cause, assigned for any effect, be not sufficient to produce it, we must either reject that cause, or add to it such qualities as will give it a just proportion to the effect."
  • Alder's razor: If something cannot be settled by experiment or observation, then it is not worthy of debate.
  • Sagan standard: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
  • Popper's falsifiability principle: For a theory to be considered scientific, it must be falsifiable.
  • Grice's razor: As a principle of parsimony, conversational implications are to be preferred over semantic context for linguistic explanations.

So reading this post it starts by saying humans are dumb and uninteresting then goes on to list a bunch of human principles as to why we're probably alone.

Romulus

Anchor- "Would it be difficult for something to sneak to our planet without us knowing?"

Mick- "Yes, very difficult. We have radar."

So let me get this straight, the US unveiled stealth fighters in the 90s that were virtually undetectable on radar, but an assumed space-faring "alien" species coming here from another galaxy couldn't fool our radars? Seems legit.

That's basically what I've been talking about all along, he doesn't think critically on the basic level.

Last edited:

INC

Anchor- "Would it be difficult for something to sneak to our planet without us knowing?"

So let me get this straight, the US unveiled stealth fighters in 90s that were virtually undetectable on radar, but an assumed space-faring "alien" species coming here from another galaxy couldn't fool our radars? Seems legit.

That's basically what I've been talking about all along, he doesn't think critically on the basic level.

But there is radar data, so isnt that a box ticked now?

INC

I haven't seen any radar data from NORAD of anything trying to sneak to our planet from space.
I would presume norad falls right under classified

Which honestly is kind clear why, and its not because of aliens

Are NORAD in the business of releasing any radar data?...........ill presume no

Romulus

I would presume norad falls right under classified

Which honestly is kind clear why, and its not because of aliens

Are NORAD in the business of releasing any radar data?...........ill presume no

Yeah I would assume anything they release from NORAD would not be beneficial to the US/UK. It could expose tracking capabilities etc. They could just come out and say it maybe "we have weird shit going on."

But I think that's where the real tide-turning evidence could be if it exists is NORAD. If they have radar tracks of stuff moving to and from the earth, that's significant. I'm sure the super skeptics would just say it's "china space force" etc but I think it opens up a new conversation if they have radar tracks going back to the 1960s of stuff entering and leaving our atmosphere at will when we could barely get a rocket out of the atmosphere without years ofplanning.

Last edited:

Romulus

I want more digging into these reports about nuclear silos altogether. If they've officially admitted their presence around the nuclear silo, then that would surely mean they've been tracking them.

StormCell

So let me get this straight, the US unveiled stealth fighters in the 90s that were virtually undetectable on radar, but an assumed space-faring "alien" species coming here from another galaxy couldn't fool our radars? Seems legit.

So then why don't they warn us when bus-sized hunks of space rock fall to earth and explode over or near populated areas?

What? You say they didn't see that on radar? Okay...

Romulus

So then why don't they warn us when bus-sized hunks of space rock fall to earth and explode over or near populated areas?

What? You say they didn't see that on radar? Okay...

Another problem we'll have to deal with in the coming years too, space junk falling more and more

Airola

You could also argue, that its mainly more developed countries reporting it, access to technology (cameras, phones, the internet). Whats the stats from 2013-2021, most countries have caught up now

Even then the whole thing could be about people making things up and exaggerating or misunderstanding what they've seen.

Let's imagine someone seeing a ball lightning or being on drugs or just making shit up hundreds of years ago. Some people would believe it and would perhaps make up their own stories about the same phenomena, or see whatever in the sky and because they've heard stories about mysterious things in the sky, they would believe that's what they saw too. So, slowly these stories would grow and get wider recognition.

Fast forward to the 20th century, these stories become part of pop culture especially in the USA and the UK. More people make things up and mistake things they've seen as things they've heard about. Stories now come from all over the USA and UK. More people want to be part of it, more people want to believe.

Fast forward to 2021. Because of the internet and the easiness of anyone from anywhere being able to watch any video made by anyone and communicate with everyone, and all kinds of scifi fantasy comics and books and videos are now for the entire world what they were to the USA and UK decades earlier. It would be very probable that reported sightings, both made up and misunderstood, would happen more in the whole world.

Add current technology, both commercial and military, and things get wild around the whole world.

If the truth would be that space aliens never actually existed and/or visited us, this could be one plausible scenario for it and it could explain some of the increase of the amount of reporting around the world.

StormCell

Even then the whole thing could be about people making things up and exaggerating or misunderstanding what they've seen.

Let's imagine someone seeing a ball lightning or being on drugs or just making shit up hundreds of years ago. Some people would believe it and would perhaps make up their own stories about the same phenomena, or see whatever in the sky and because they've heard stories about mysterious things in the sky, they would believe that's what they saw too. So, slowly these stories would grow and get wider recognition.

If the truth would be that space aliens never actually existed and/or visited us, this could be one plausible scenario for it and it could explain some of the increase of the amount of reporting around the world.

I don't think you need to even go that far. People have been expecting 'other people' to live in all sorts of exotic places for quite a long time. Some examples: the moon, Mars, Venus, somewhere over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning. Native Americans have histories they pass down from generation to generation, and some of them include sky people and moon people. It would seem that Central and South American natives expected for their to people from above.

Basically, I think that even very primitive people have looked above and guessed that more beings or higher beings reside up there. People have been talking about chariots of fire and strange craft for thousands of years. These flying objects are not a new thing. People have simply straight up being seeing shit for a very long time, and I don't remember it ever making anybody famous... unless they took what they saw and decided to write a really good novel from it!

New “leak” supposed to come today. As much as I want full on “out of this world” (that was intended) evidence, prob nothing. 😭

Sucks that we have a belief system that is hypocritical of each other.

We are told to believe that a man upstairs exists with great power with no full evidence outside of a story but can not believe in other beings when society been wrong before about a civilization existing ::Cough:: Natives. Back then, there was a conspiracy that America didn’t exists and people who “discovered” were full of bs. But here we are.

INC

New “leak” supposed to come today. As much as I want full on “out of this world” (that was intended) evidence, prob nothing. 😭

We are told to believe that a man upstairs exists with great power with no full evidence outside of a story but can not believe in other beings when society been wrong before about a civilization existing ::Cough:: Natives. Back then, there was a conspiracy that America didn’t exists and people who “discovered” were full of bs. But here we are.

Tomorrow it seems, I hope for more leaked stuff

At this point who gives a shit about "leaked stuff" beyond more fuel for fantastical conspiracy theories. Everyone has had a taste of something legitimate with the preliminary report released by the government last Friday, a bunch of muppets making random claims or "leaking" info on a podcast seems even more ridiculous now.

INC

At this point who gives a shit about "leaked stuff" beyond more fuel for fantastical conspiracy theories. Everyone has had a taste of something legitimate with the preliminary report released by the government last Friday, a bunch of muppets making random claims or "leaking" info on a podcast seems even more ridiculous now.

If its legit military evidence, with data to analyse, I dont care how its released at this point

StormCell

So much anger in this thread and community towards belief in God.

Try to understand how from my perspective, you sound ridiculous. You live. You exist. There is this reality that exists. Period. Existence. Period.

To maintain a belief that everything is here at random accident requires a lot more faith than simply assuming things are doing what they're supposed to. You don't need and never needed anybody to tell you that a programmer is behind all of this. It's plain as day evident in the code telling everything what to do. Unless you think Windows 10 flew together by accident, although at times I have wondered about that particular piece of software.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The fact that almost 99% of "weird shit" sightings disappeared once good resolution cameras showed up on everyone's phone is all you need to know about the authenticity of UFOs, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc....

Those guys are so advanced they don't show up on digital recordings!!!!! :p

INC

The fact that almost 99% of "weird shit" sightings disappeared once good resolution cameras showed up on everyone's phone is all you need to know about the authenticity of UFOs, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc....

You know the reported stated, they appear to demonstrate cloaking abilities, "control surface management', or something like that....I maybe wrong about that tho, thats one explanation.......its a reach I know

Let's be clear, Stealth fighters require specific routes to not get detected by radar. Their chances of detection are lower, but that does not make them undetectable.

So much anger in this thread and community towards belief in God.

Try to understand how from my perspective, you sound ridiculous. You live. You exist. There is this reality that exists. Period. Existence. Period.

To maintain a belief that everything is here at random accident requires a lot more faith than simply assuming things are doing what they're supposed to. You don't need and never needed anybody to tell you that a programmer is behind all of this. It's plain as day evident in the code telling everything what to do. Unless you think Windows 10 flew together by accident, although at times I have wondered about that particular piece of software.
I have no anger for believing in whatever you want to be as it is good to believe something.

I myself believe it’s probably a mixing bowl of everything together.

All I know is I want to live as long as I can and enjoy what I have here now as I don’t know what’s after. A book nor aliens can tell me the truth. I just hope that I’ll be able to be in an existence somehow somewhere after, preferably a spirit with the feels of the how it was dmt because holding on that fluffy blanket felt so damn good 🤣and to be able to just spirit myself through the universe and take a look around penalty free while in space, see the wonders that I miss here.

If its legit military evidence, with data to analyse, I dont care how its released at this point

The problem though is that if it's leaked, it's very hard to believe if it is legitimate when it comes to something as mankind altering as this. Anyone can whip up some nice looking documents. Anyone can turn on a Webcam and spout nonsense.

It'll just end up going right back to conspiratory wankery.

INC

The problem though is that if it's leaked, it's very hard to believe if it is legitimate when it comes to something as mankind altering as this. Anyone can whip up some nice looking documents. Anyone can turn on a Webcam and spout nonsense.

It'll just end up going right back to conspiratory wankery.

What if its leaked and then confirmed afterwards, no longer an issue

StormCell

I have no anger for believing in whatever you want to be as it is good to believe something.

I myself believe it’s probably a mixing bowl of everything together.

All I know is I want to live as long as I can and enjoy what I have here now as I don’t know what’s after. A book nor aliens can tell me the truth. I just hope that I’ll be able to be in an existence somehow somewhere after, preferably a spirit with the feels of the how it was dmt because holding on that fluffy blanket felt so damn good 🤣and to be able to just spirit myself through the universe and take a look around penalty free while in space, see the wonders that I miss here.

That's me too! I imagine there has to be much to see and so many places to go. The universe is so large. I can't fathom this being one-and-done and never getting to see or experience 99.999...9% of it.

Romulus

Let's be clear, Stealth fighters require specific routes to not get detected by radar. Their chances of detection are lower, but that does not make them undetectable.

I never said undetectable. They were virtually undetectable and against a very specific country at a specific time. Against the Iraqis the technology was nearly undetectable to their radars in the 90s, which was 1960s technology. UK radars picked up F117s on occasion as did the french. The F117 flew over heavily contested areas in downtown Bagdad almost 7000 hours of combat flights. Despite being very few of the F117s, they flew a third of the combat missions and never got a scratch from a sky full of AA fire.

The French sold the Saudis a variant of radar that could also track the F117, but barely, and Iraq had nothing remotely close to that. Now, in certain circumstances, yes, it could still be detected, pilot error for example which was reported.

Would that same tech work today against Russian S400s? No, they would be acquired and shot down. F'35s might fair better I'm not sure. But that's not what I was getting at.

My point was, if a nation only 30 years ahead of another could create such a gulf in technology, I would imagine another civilization traveling here from another star system could create a similar technology gap. lol, if not magnitudes more.

Last edited:

Airola

My point was, if a nation only 30 years ahead of another could create such a gulf in technology, I would imagine another civilization traveling here from another star system could create a similar technology gap. lol, if not magnitudes more.

But for any country to be able to go undetected by another country requires them to know the detection technology. At the very least we in this planet have the knowledge of how things on this planet work, and every scientist and engineer works with same materials. The aliens would have to deal with material, technology and tech building logic that probably was never present in their planet. It would be quite a coincidence if those aliens ever even made a radar the way we have done, or even made a radar in the first place. And it would be quite the coincidence too if their craft material happens to be something our detection systems just won't detect.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I never said undetectable. They were virtually undetectable and against a very specific country at a specific time. Against the Iraqis the technology was nearly undetectable to their radars in the 90s, which was 1960s technology. UK radars picked up F117s on occasion as did the french. The F117 flew over heavily contested areas in downtown Bagdad almost 7000 hours of combat flights. Despite being very few of the F117s, they flew a third of the combat missions and never got a scratch from a sky full of AA fire.

The French sold the Saudis a variant of radar that could also track the F117, but barely, and Iraq had nothing remotely close to that. Now, in certain circumstances, yes, it could still be detected, pilot error for example which was reported.

Would that same tech work today against Russian S400s? No, they would be acquired and shot down. F'35s might fair better I'm not sure. But that's not what I was getting at.

Radar alone would be pretty easy to spoof, especially across the solar system. Space is big and we don't have nearly the emitter capacity to sweep the entire sky and wait for a return.

But the HEAT signature of an approaching spaceship ought to be readily detectable, especially something coming in at a decent chunk of lightspeed and then decelerating to match our orbit. That's a lot of thrust, even if it is anti-matter or fusion or whatever. Hiding that signature would require constantly placing a shield of some type between their ship and earth and even then I'm not sure it would be below our limit of detection since it would be against a near absolute cold background.

I suppose you could postulate a drive capable of interstellar travel that doesn't emit heat or any other radiation but the ship itself at rest ought to be warmer than background and thus detectable unless it hides behind the moon or something (and I wonder if we have some capability of peeking back there at this point with a far flung satellite).

Romulus

But for any country to be able to go undetected by another country requires them to know the detection technology. At the very least we in this planet have the knowledge of how things on this planet work, and every scientist and engineer works with same materials. The aliens would have to deal with material, technology and tech building logic that probably was never present in their planet. It would be quite a coincidence if those aliens ever even made a radar the way we have done, or even made a radar in the first place. And it would be quite the coincidence too if their craft material happens to be something our detection systems just won't detect.

I just find it illogical that a civilization that was using horses and buggies just a few decades before radar somehow developed something so special and unique that space-faring species couldn't quickly figure out. I mean even if there are vast differences in technology, "aliens" are on the upside by many magnitudes if we're assuming they're already coming here.

Last edited:

Airola

Radar alone would be pretty easy to spoof, especially across the solar system. Space is big and we don't have nearly the emitter capacity to sweep the entire sky and wait for a return.

But the HEAT signature of an approaching spaceship ought to be readily detectable, especially something coming in at a decent chunk of lightspeed and then decelerating to match our orbit. That's a lot of thrust, even if it is anti-matter or fusion or whatever. Hiding that signature would require constantly placing a shield of some type between their ship and earth and even then I'm not sure it would be below our limit of detection since it would be against a near absolute cold background.

I suppose you could postulate a drive capable of interstellar travel that doesn't emit heat or any other radiation but the ship itself at rest ought to be warmer than background and thus detectable unless it hides behind the moon or something (and I wonder if we have some capability of peeking back there at this point with a far flung satellite).

The question is, how would they know what detection systems we have? And would they know what detection systems we have? Hard to imagine they have built a system that deliberately fools our systems because first they should know what our system is and then figure out a way to build a thing that hides from it. Where they would build it? Would they go back to their planet and then come back?

It's one thing to believe that intelligent life could form in another planet. It's another thing to believe that intelligent life on another planet would seek to go to space and build a craft that makes it possible. But it would be a whole another thing to believe that somehow they've come up with systems we have or would easily understand the systems we have by either just observing from far or stealing the technology from a place its used at (how they would even know where our detection systems are, if that was the case?).

Airola

I just find it illogical that a civilization that was using horses and buggies just a few decades before radar somehow developed something so special and unique that space-faring species couldn't quickly figure out. I mean even if there are vast differences in technology, "aliens" are on the upside by many magnitudes if we're assuming they're already coming here.

Our technology is probably as alien to them as their technology is alien to us. To make aliens coming here seem more plausible we seem to need to assign them similar thought patterns and technological knowledge we have.
It's not as if us having radar would mean aliens would have at some point created a radar system too, or would even know what its point is. It could very well be that they never needed a radar to detect anything.

INC

Our technology is probably as alien to them as their technology is alien to us. To make aliens coming here seem more plausible we seem to need to assign them similar thought patterns and technological knowledge we have.
It's not as if us having radar would mean aliens would have at some point created a radar system too, or would even know what its point is. It could very well be that they never needed a radar to detect anything.

Well from reports they seem pretty efficient at jamming radar and active locks when needed. The nimitz video for instance, it wasn't seen by visual contact, or radar by the second jet, it was only visual on the FLIR camera

Remember this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
There must have been hundreds of documentaries based on shitty surveillance footage showing these things.

What was it in the end, I cant be bothered to read and find out, but yeh I remember these things
Afterimages of insects. Low FPS interlaced cameras (like early 2000s security cameras) tend to capture them across 1 frame only and it kind of looks like a flying rod. Chinese scientists set up giant nets next to cameras and traced the rods to captive insects lol

Ballthyrm

As far as we know the laws of physics are the same for everybody.
And if they are more advanced than us, which would be a given since they apparently came here, then they probably know all about our simplistic view of the universe.

It would like a chimp using a stick to gather food , I'm pretty sure as a Human i understand what the chimp is doing and why.
I don't see how it would be any different for the Aliens, they would see us and probably ask themselves , "that's certainly a way to do it" ,

I don't see where you coming from.

It's always, Smart enough to hide themselves but not really, and smart enough to get all the way out here but not really.
So what it is ?

INC

Afterimages of insects. Low FPS interlaced cameras (like early 2000s security cameras) tend to capture them across 1 frame only and it kind of looks like a flying rod. Chinese scientists set up giant nets next to cameras and traced the rods to captive insects lol
Makes sense, looks like an odd time lasp type effect

jason10mm

Gold Member
As far as we know the laws of physics are the same for everybody.
And if they are more advanced than us, which would be a given since they apparently came here, then they probably know all about our simplistic view of the universe.

It would like a chimp using a stick to gather food , I'm pretty sure as a Human i understand what the chimp is doing and why.
I don't see how it would be any different for the Aliens, they would see us and probably ask themselves , "that's certainly a way to do it" ,

I don't see where you coming from.

It's always, Smart enough to hide themselves but not really, and smart enough to get all the way out here but not really.
So what it is ?
Yeah, it would be pretty hard to imagine interstellar travel while being ignorant of the EM spectrum, which is pretty much all we have here. That's not to say the aliens won't be rolling in spoofing gravimetric detection as well, and wearing tin foil hats to cloud any psionic detection we might have :p

Maybe even using random number generators to make any decision unpredictable to spoof pre-cogs!

RzqQnJs.jpg
Point being is they can cover MANY detection schemes, but the only ones we have are all EM based at the moment, which are somewhat easy (radar) and quite hard (infrared passive emissions).

Romulus

Radar is based on radio waves, something found all throughout the galaxy. I highly doubt a species that can navigate the galaxy doesn't understand a technology-based around that specifically. Humans were basically riding horses a few years prior to its discovery and it's incredibly simple. Other human technologies? Sure, those could be unique, especially as civilization advances.

StormCell

Something pretty simple may be eluding you. Have you ever stuck your ear next to a sonar transducer? Radar and similar are pretty easy to detect based on a similar principle. If we ever find a planet with intelligent lifeforms that are building technologies, we are bound to approach quietly with a great big ear listening for anything that sounds like a detection technology. You see, in order to be detected, [something] has to send something that bounces off of [you] and returns to [it]. That's a basic detection setup.

Although I imagine it won't be too long before quantum detection schemes become a thing.

Of course, what you propose is plausible. It's debatable whether it's probable. I feel like it's 50/50 although my bias leans towards them being fully knowledgeable of most of our advanced technologies and then a lot more.

Last edited:

Why is it legitimate because it comes from the government? If anything that takes away credibility.

Why is it legitimate because it comes from the government? If anything that takes away credibility.

You're right, a more accurate word would probably be "official". Considering the reply was in the context of an official document being leaked, what I'm saying is after decades of supposed "leaks" from random yahoo's it seems even more silly now after an official document has been made public on the matter.

Anyone can "leak" anything, especially for something no one knows really anything about and has been conspiracy fodder for decades. For me at least they hold very little weight. Though, like always, it is kinda fun to listen to the YouTube videos and podcasts and articles that have these grandiose theories about what's happening.

INC

You're right, a more accurate word would probably be "official". Considering the reply was in the context of an official document being leaked, what I'm saying is after decades of supposed "leaks" from random yahoo's it seems even more silly now after an official document has been made public on the matter.

Anyone can "leak" anything, especially for something no one knows really anything about and has been conspiracy fodder for decades. For me at least they hold very little weight. Though, like always, it is kinda fun to listen to the YouTube videos and podcasts and articles that have these grandiose theories about what's happening.

The "official" statement is they don't know, so what else is there but theories? You don't know, I dont know, they don't know.......officially

ManaByte

"There were 70 pages and 14 videos, they got to see the good stuff. There was a full classified report and 14 videos. I know several people who were in the national security council meeting and the best comment I heard was 'what we had was 40 minutes of science fiction movies, we were all gobsmacked. It's ridiculously slim. Everything they could redact they did but the committees and the White House – they saw the works,"

Why the bizarre attempt by the government to hide it and make "UAPs" about pigeons and plastics rather than craft? They showed it to people who are leaking nonclassified impressions of it, and elected officials are talking about it similarly. Feels like there are two separate entities fighting each other.

Last edited:

StormCell

Why the bizarre attempt by the government to hide it and make "UAPs" about pigeons and plastics rather than craft? They showed it to people who are leaking nonclassified impressions of it, and elected officials are talking about it similarly. Feels like there are two separate entities fighting each other.

There are. The intelligence community has a lot at stake in these reports. Any little detail could divulge a hole in our security. Supposedly, people have successfully flown drones directly over the top of some of our bases. Satellites are one kind of thing, but a civilian/commercial drone at a couple hundred feet with 4K camera? FML...

I want the goods from this report as well, but there's got to be some intelligence value that we have this info and potentially our adversaries don't. We all know China has stolen damn near everything, god forbid they steal all of this too.

Last edited:

Airola

Well from reports they seem pretty efficient at jamming radar and active locks when needed. The nimitz video for instance, it wasn't seen by visual contact, or radar by the second jet, it was only visual on the FLIR camera

If jamming radar actually happened, and it wasn't just a glitch or someone making things up or something else like that, then we can at least know they know all about radar. We can go from that to assume that the ones who definitely knows how their radar works and where they are, are US forces themselves. Then we can think that ok, we overall know that we in this planet have gone through the same technological history, and we know that sometimes one country does this to another country. Those two are the likeliest options. Before we go to look for space aliens and assume they have gone through the same technological history, maybe we have some hidden "civilization" or government in this planet and they are doing that.

Someone from a distant planet is the least likely option to know what we have done in this planet and how to use and abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom