• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crozier

What are the odds that the UFOs are intentionally showing off in front of our most advanced technologies in an attempt to make us emulate (try to) their technology? Just to see whether we're up to snuff, or a bunch of apes.

Last edited:

Romulus

wptowpf3q9971.jpg

INC

They are hyping the fuck out of UFOs while at the same time only dripping info without confirming anything, it's almost like they were promoting the next Avengers movie or something.
Next week the moving poster of the teaser of the animated prequel of the comic before the movie.

I know, shit isn't it. Just hurry up, whether its all BS or not, which that situation is basically off the table, sinc Etherley been confirmed

NASA is a big one tho, if they release video and data from craft/objects/phenomena in orbit or off planet, thats basically it.

Let's be honest, nasa has been recording shit for decades, then the camera every time seems to cut. Coincidence.......maybe?

INC

This been debunked as a drone or cgi yet?

Gotta be cgi, since for a change it seems pretty clear.....

6HzG2t8.jpg

Leyasu

Banned
I know, shit isn't it. Just hurry up, whether its all BS or not, which that situation is basically off the table, sinc Etherley been confirmed

NASA is a big one tho, if they release video and data from craft/objects/phenomena in orbit or off planet, thats basically it.

Let's be honest, nasa has been recording shit for decades, then the camera every time seems to cut. Coincidence.......maybe?
One would hope that NASA is the next agency that is required to hand over a report on what they have.

INC

One would hope that NASA is the next agency that is required to hand over a report on what they have.

You would think, but that would mean a more definitive answer, if they say we've have official videos and data of objects entering and leaving our atmosphere that are unknown, that pretty much answers the question, since drones and balloons don't do that

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I'm lost.

Does Bill know something the US government doesn't, or after looking at the report, does Bill see a link to what NASA have been observing and has made some link that made the hairs on stand on end? That's a pretty bold statement to make.

Leyasu

Banned
You would think, but that would mean a more definitive answer, if they say we've have official videos and data of objects entering and leaving our atmosphere that are unknown, that pretty much answers the question, since drones and balloons don't do that
Indeed. Which is why they should and obviously why they won’t be asked to.

INC

I'm lost.

Does Bill know something the US government doesn't, or after looking at the report, does Bill see a link to what NASA have been observing and has made some link that made the hairs on stand on end? That's a pretty bold statement to make.

His statement is basically saying the classified report, made him feel that there's more to this than just balloons. So I presume that means the videos and data we weren't allowed to see, he has seen and been debriefed on.

This must be the same report from a few weeks ago, just the full version

So why it is still classified? Unless its all black project programs they don't want released, but it doesn't sound like it fromhis statement, unless he wants attention.?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
His statement is basically saying the classified report, made him feel that there's more to this than just balloons. So I presume that means the videos and data we weren't allowed to see, he has seen and been debriefed on.

This must be the same report from a few weeks ago, just the full version

So why it is still classified? Unless its all black project programs they don't want released, but it doesn't sound like it fromhis statement, unless he wants attention.?

Well he doesn't appear to be somebody who is hunting for attention.

Whatever he's seen in the report must be pretty big to make the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. That's normally a reaction from fear more than anything else.

I just wish they'd give us more. Release more videos or just tell us more. I know they're holding out, so why the massive build up?

I'm lost.

Or maybe it's just a random personal opinion based on nothing?

INC

Well he doesn't appear to be somebody who is hunting for attention.

Whatever he's seen in the report must be pretty big to make the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. That's normally a reaction from fear more than anything else.

I just wish they'd give us more. Release more videos or just tell us more. I know they're holding out, so why the massive build up?

Well its stayed classified, even tho the report was meant to be open.......

It could be classified for lots of reasons, radar data and read outs would be classified regardless, so capabilities to foreign nations isn't revealed, could be test craft

Loads of reasons, but it certainly adds more fuel to fire

Remember 2 people had 6 months to do a report......thats nothing

Or maybe it's just a random personal opinion based on nothing?

Its not some random dude tho is it, thats the point

Edit: I read that wrong, my bad

Last edited:
They are hyping the fuck out of UFOs while at the same time only dripping info without confirming anything, it's almost like they were promoting the next Avengers movie or something.
Next week the moving poster of the teaser of the animated prequel of the comic before the movie.
The last couple months have honestly felt like a planned PR rollout, it's been interesting.

I'm starting to think this is just going to be used to essentially boost the funds of space force and the military in general. It's confirmed that our government has known about these things for at least 70 years so what's changed? This whole thing still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Romulus

The last couple months have honestly felt like a planned PR rollout, it's been interesting.

I'm starting to think this is just going to be used to essentially boost the funds of space force and the military in general. It's confirmed that our government has known about these things for at least 70 years so what's changed? This whole thing still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I feel like they had to act because secret info about these things isn't as airtight as it used to be. Either they release it or someone else will.
Now I think they're in the position going forward that if someone leaks some really mind-blowing info about this subject that the government can say "see, we told you something was going on, we just didn't know what."
I think they're just covering their asses, while being obtuse at the same time.

Last edited:
I feel like they had to act because secret info about these things isn't as airtight as it used to be. Either they release it or someone else will.
Now I think they're in the position going forward that if someone leaks some really mind-blowing info about this subject that the government can say "see, we told you something was going on, we just didn't know what."

I wouldn't be shocked. Roll things out slowly for the regular people to ease into the info until the point when everything is just about out the reaction would be mild.

That's true, but at the same time they could've just continued to have denied things like they have previously.

Romulus

That's true, but at the same time they could've just continued to have denied things like they have previously.

But the problem is other governments (like Australia) are starting to come clean. And how long before there is some pilot that leaks something from his Iphone that is undeniable like what Lue is talking about. Or another government just says fuck it in 5-10 years and releases a megaton. I think what they're doing is a good play, suggest it, but don't outright say anything either way. It gives people room to still be "right" about their previous thought process but also have an insurance policy in place in case something indelible comes out. In that case, they can just say "we told you so" while being obtuse.

There are some rumblings someone posted here that other governments are preparing their own UAP reports, and how long before people start to put together the easy math that all these different world governments are saying similar things but the US is still being silent. I just think the worst play is to come off like they're completely clueless or silent there's something unknown in the sky, at this point they've checked that box that something is there. They've covered at this point.

Last edited:

Nester99

Something big changed. Private Citizens are now able to get into space themselves with no government help.

China is now on the Moon..

IF stuff has been hidden from us, it will be a lot harder to continue with more eyes in space., Thus, best to come clean before China does.

Romulus

Something big changed. Private Citizens are now able to get into space themselves with no government help.

IF stuff has been hidden from us, it will be a lot harder to continue with more eyes in space., Thus, best to come clean before China does.

That's true too, we're getting to the point in the next 20 years where non-government people can take their Iphones into space and record whatever they like and post it on Youtube/Facebook without Nasa or the government getting involved.

Last edited:

This is actually an excellent point that I didn't really think about before. Privatized space travel definitely forces governments hands quite a bit

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Again you're missing the point. I'm not talking about looking at the moon, you can probably see Mars with that much clarity but it's not the point.
If you think the government is hiding something about what is in our atmosphere, despite millions of civilians flying every single day, for decades.. then whatever it is clearly has the ability to hide from civilians anyways, so why would that be different with a few civilians travelling to the moon over the next few decades?

Romulus

If you think the government is hiding something about what is in our atmosphere, despite millions of civilians flying every single day, for decades.. then whatever it is clearly has the ability to hide from civilians anyways, so why would that be different with a few civilians travelling to the moon over the next few decades?

I don't agree that it's clearly hidden though so we can't agree on that to begin with. There have been plenty of reports of the opposite from entire crews and passengers. I could go on to explain to you why that would be different in space though, should I?

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
UFOs are spotted and reported by civilian pilots frequently. Always have been.

Respectfully, I would encourage people to actually do research on the subject prior to making these kinds of assumptions.

As for the ability to hide, yes of course. Their ability to appear and disappear at will is, also, very well documented. When you consider the level of technological sophistication on display, and then look at all of the sightings by qualified observers it makes one wonder if they're intentionally letting themselves be seen.

6HzG2t8.jpg
Damn thats compelling. Why is this not bigger news?

Nester99

it looks like it’s from a 60s B sci-fi movie prop.

Antennas? Just the thing a dude from the 60s would think aliens would need….

Last edited:

Airola

it looks like it’s from a 60s B sci-fi movie prop.

Antennas? Just the thing a dude from the 60s would think aliens would need….

That picture is just an artists illustration though.
Which, again, was a disappointment. I went to watch that video expecting to see clear video of that. Then on the website I first see "illustration" mentioned under one picture. And when I watch the video, there's nothing like that shown in it. For a "clearest footage of UFO" the actual UFO is actually rather unclear. No wonder this video is hyped up everywhere with that made-up illustration of what someone thinks it could look like.

INC

That picture is just an artists illustration though.
Which, again, was a disappointment. I went to watch that video expecting to see clear video of that. Then on the website I first see "illustration" mentioned under one picture. And when I watch the video, there's nothing like that shown in it. For a "clearest footage of UFO" the actual UFO is actually rather unclear. No wonder this video is hyped up everywhere with that made-up illustration of what someone thinks it could look like.

Oh did people not realise that.....lol

Its basically a photoshop sputnik

V4skunk

Banned
The fact that almost 99% of "weird shit" sightings disappeared once good resolution cameras showed up on everyone's phone is all you need to know about the authenticity of UFOs, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc....

Those guys are so advanced they don't show up on digital recordings!!!!! :p
Nope the problem is your shitty iphone is shit at taking pictures outside of a few feet.
Go take a picture of a bird flying in the sky and post it here.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

6HzG2t8.jpg
The recorded footage looked real enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom