• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

This been debunked as a drone or cgi yet?

Gotta be cgi, since for a change it seems pretty clear.....

6HzG2t8.jpg

The actual footage is legit. There's nothing to be debunked. It is a 100% real whatever-it-is. It does roughly look like the illustration, which is an important detail. Its movement is a bit floating and tipsy. At times it appears unbalanced before righting itself almost as though it is floating.

I didn't know the guy who recorded the video is a DOD employee....

If I was to hazard some guess, it might be some type of balloon based on movement behavior. It certainly doesn't look like any weather balloon I've seen, nor does it match with any drone I've seen. If it were me, instead of filming from my back yard I would have had to have gotten back into my car and driven about a mile, roughly, in that direction to get a look at what or who is on the ground below it.

Best guess: experimental drone, perhaps using some new anti-gravity tech. Maybe someone on the ground is using an electromagnet to push that thing into the air. We will never know...

Last edited:

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
The actual footage is legit. There's nothing to be debunked. It is a 100% real whatever-it-is. It does roughly look like the illustration, which is an important detail. Its movement is a bit floating and tipsy. At times it appears unbalanced before righting itself almost as though it is floating.

I didn't know the guy who recorded the video is a DOD employee....

If I was to hazard some guess, it might be some type of balloon based on movement behavior. It certainly doesn't look like any weather balloon I've seen, nor does it match with any drone I've seen. If it were me, instead of filming from my back yard I would have had to have gotten back into my car and driven about a mile, roughly, in that direction to get a look at what or who is on the ground below it.

Best guess: experimental drone, perhaps using some new anti-gravity tech. Maybe someone on the ground is using an electromagnet to push that thing into the air. We will never know...

Oh man what could possibly float in the air! must be aliens

=p

Of course its not that..thats way too much effort when you can just take a silver balloon, place a decal on it...and it IS a decal as you can see as the "windows" dont extrude on the side. It moves exactly like a tethered balloon. and to top it all off....you can literally see the mooring on the bottom.

4uGIR8P.png

Last edited:

Romulus

Sure, go for it.

Because if we suddenly get recordings from tic tac objects intelligently controlled zooming around in space, that will mean they've been there for a while. And whoever is in possession of them also has free reign over the immediate orbit of the planet, as well as restricted airspace on Earth. And just the fact that they're capable of flying in space, that's another conversation too.

Romulus

Space stuff is pretty rare, I'll start digging some of them up from NASA footage and telescopes.

Does anyone know the video that's like this one but it does a 45 degree turn? It's a bit closer perspective on the moon.

Last edited:

Westcliff

Neo Member
Space stuff is pretty rare, I'll start digging some of them up from NASA footage and telescopes.
Here's a good one:

On shuttle flight STS-114 at August 6, 2005 a UFO passed by the right side of the shuttle at 13:53:00 GMT. As the object flies into the distance it then begins to change course to a full right turn and eventually disappears off the right side of screen.

StormCell

=p

Of course its not that..thats way too much effort when you can just take a silver balloon, place a decal on it...and it IS a decal as you can see as the "windows" dont extrude on the side. It moves exactly like a tethered balloon. and to top it all off....you can literally see the mooring on the bottom.

4uGIR8P.png

Wait, did you read my full post? I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or poking fun at me, which wouldn't make a lot of sense considering my hazarded guess is some sort of balloon.

Romulus

From the Australian report. Interesting how they refer to it as the "UFO problem." Sort of reveals the mindset back in the day, and the need to fix it.

r58ahlkkjq971.jpg

Romulus

Very interesting how he describes it compared to modern events. And I doubt he was some ufo fanboy either.

Last edited:

Romulus

I've looked down on the whole history channel and skinwalker ranch thing(still do) but there are some interesting accounts there of UFOs.

I find this one interesting that Mr. Hicks would go interview witnesses in the 1960s-80s and compare their sightings to build a case. Turns out, there were some similar sightings saw on the same day from people miles apart. Could be a conspiracy I suppose just to mess with an interviewer, but why have different people with the same story over decades just messing with an old man? "I'm gonna call up Judy and we can have the same story and mess with ol' Hicks!" Then what, they're children do it also years later? Possible I guess.

Last edited:
Hmm...

Kinda related WTF part:

One of the most interesting stories in this field was the rumor which New Scientist journalist Justin Mullins heard about a bizarre new weapon supposedly being developed in the New Mexico desert back in the 1980s. It was called the Voice of God:

Researchers working with high-power laser weapons discovered that they could create a glowing ball of fire in the sky by crossing the beams of two powerful infrared lasers. The beams were invisible to the naked eye, but where they intersected, their electric fields became so intense that they ripped apart

molecules in the air, creating a plasma…By moving the laser beams around the sky, the researchers found they could shift the plasma ball back and forth at very high speed,” Mullins wrote in 2000.

A bit more on that last part:

Toots

Gold Member

=p

4uGIR8P.png

So what?
Can't the aliens fly a tethered ballon?

maxresdefault.jpg

Romulus

Former AZ Governor that made jokes about the Phoenix lights comes clean.

He knew he had to calm down the public and did a great job by making cracks about it back then.

Last edited:

StormCell

Has anyone else been to this site yet? uaptheory.com

This is the most intellectual and honest confrontation with the physical behaviors we're witnessing from UAP. Their hypothesis and theory is commendable and very enlightening. You can tell the author or authors are very informed and are taking a very principled approach to obtaining a scientific explanation based from the evidences so far provided. I especially appreciate the mental labor given to demonstrating how we are led to certain explanations by the laws of physics rather than being a new idea presented that counters the laws of physics that we know.

Give that site a read.

Last edited:

MadAnon

This is the most intellectual and honest confrontation with the physical behaviors we're witnessing from UAP. Their hypothesis and theory is commendable and very enlightening. You can tell the author or authors are very informed and are taking a very principled approach to obtaining a scientific explanation based from the evidences so far provided. I especially appreciate the mental labor given to demonstrating how we are led to certain explanations by the laws of physics rather than being a new idea presented that counters the laws of physics that we know.

Give that site a read.
Not even close to a realistic explenation. It basically boils down to a spacecraft falling towards it's destination. So let's say the spacecraft moves 25km in a blink of an eye. What kind of distortion you would need to create to generate such a falling speed? It would have ridiculous consequences on everything around. And it doesn't invalidate the effects of acceleration as the article claims. Falling is literally acceleration. It seems like the person who cooked it up doesn't quite understand the whole geodesic + curved spacetime thing.

Last edited:

StormCell

Not even close to a realistic explenation. It basically boils down to a spacecraft falling towards it's destination. So let's say the spacecraft moves 25km in a blink of an eye. What kind of distortion you would need to create to generate such a falling speed? It would have ridiculous consequences on everything around. And it doesn't invalidate the effects of acceleration as the article claims. Falling is literally acceleration. It seems like the person who cooked it up doesn't quite understand the whole geodesic + curved spacetime thing.

You're welcome to address these concerns with them either over Twitter or via the contact us page. I urge you to go for it.

Seriously, I'm on your side. We need this kind of discourse. If you think you've got the goods to bust that bubble, do it. That page deserves peer review. We ought to see a lot more minds engaged on this topic.

Last edited:
I have actually heard the falling claim before too but not from this. I don’t think that people can really understand what is realistic as there is still so much that we don’t know which could turn unrealistic things into realistic. Cell phones from Star Trek for a small example. People didn’t think that ever would exist and here we are. Heck, even the Star Trek transportation is realistic now but at this time only on a small particle scale.

I think of a matter of fact watched a video of a guy explaining the falling theory mentioned to be true. The person in the video was describing what a drunk neighbor (who worked at one of these black sites) mentioned to him. That and the fact that Orion’s Belt is made up of the Greys and the evil Greys (which are more brownish than grey). I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread.

Razvedka

Banned

Give that site a read.
Yes, and I think it may have been posted here earlier. I ran it by a scientist bud of mine, and he said alot of it was interesting but didn't give a breakdown point by point or anything. Of course, it's all supposition on the part of the author.

Additionally, the creator of the site has a very weird social media history. Despite that, he has interesting things to say.

At the end of the day, these objects appear to be tangible, artificial, craft under intelligent control and defying our understanding of physics. I applaud people, in particular scientists, brave enough to prop up theories and have others throw stones at it.

Last edited:

MadAnon

You're welcome to address these concerns with them either over Twitter or via the contact us page. I urge you to go for it.

Seriously, I'm on your side. We need this kind of discourse. If you think you've got the goods to bust that bubble, do it. That page deserves peer review. We ought to see a lot more minds engaged on this topic.
Actually, I take back what I said about acceleration because in this case everything would fall at the same rate, so basically you don't feel acceleration in your reference frame.

But the problem of creating massive distortions in spacetime with all the consequences remain. The distortion would in fact need to constantly be accelrating in the direction of your destination. Unless there's some other way to create distortion in spacetime other than energy/mass, I don't see how this solves anything.

Last edited:

INC

Actually, I take back what I said about acceleration because in this case everything would fall at the same rate, so basically you don't feel acceleration in your reference frame.

But the problem of massive distortions needed in spacetime with all the consequences remain.

So you're saying because of our current understanding of physics, these don't adhere to those rules? So must be BS right?

How else are these objects able to move at instant acceleration and appear to move miles in a blink of an eye? (Witnessed and co firmed to do exactly that from multiple data points of evidence)

Using our current understanding of physics, how would that be possible without the materials being used just folding, and without creating a sonic boom?

MadAnon

So you're saying because of our current understanding of physics, these don't adhere to those rules? So must be BS right?

How else are these objects able to move at instant acceleration and appear to move miles in a blink of an eye? (Witnessed and co firmed to do exactly that from multiple data points of evidence)

Using our current understanding of physics, how would that be possible without the materials being used just folding, and without creating a sonic boom?
If you want to go "beyond our understanding" of physics you might aswell entertain ideas how you form a connection with a unicorn in a 6th dimension by using dark matter manipulator, and ride it to your destination.

What I'm telling is that they definitely don't move how this presented theory explained. Doesn't mean it's not something gravity related.

Last edited:

INC

If you want to go "beyond our understanding" of physics you might aswell entertain ideas how you form a connection with a unicorn in a 6th dimension by using dark matter manipulator, and ride it to your destination.

What I'm telling is that they definitely don't move how this presented theory explained. Doesn't mean it's not something gravity related.

I'm not, I'm asking your opinion

StormCell

But the problem of creating massive distortions in spacetime with all the consequences remain. The distortion would in fact need to constantly be accelrating in the direction of your destination. Unless there's some other way to create distortion in spacetime other than energy/mass, I don't see how this solves anything.

Mad, I think we need you to present a better explanation of the consequences of creating these massive distortions in space time. You've stated that it would create ridiculous consequences on everything around the object, but what would be these ridiculous consequences?

Much of what UAPTheory presents falls into the category of explaining things we've actually observed. They don't claim to have it all figured out, obviously, because we still don't know how to build anything that replicates our observations. It's meaningful that we have at least some or even most of the understanding to know what we're seeing. These objects obviously aren't having ridiculous consequences on their surroundings, which only leads us to believe that there is a means to prevent those consequences. Otherwise, how else would an object traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour with zero g forces acting on it enter the water completely unaffected by the change in medium?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So after this whole hype phase we still only have stories and no actual proof.

I'm going back in the ufo closet.

Told ya. This was a nothingburger.

It’s been the standard response for decades from official sources: here’s the number of investigated events, these are the ones we know what it was, these are the ones for which we have no explanation.

This whole thing about “they’re getting ready for disclosure! They’re dropping the hints!” is a recurring event with the same result everytime.

Last edited:

StormCell

It’s been the standard response for decades from official sources: here’s the number of investigated events, these are the ones we know what it was, these are the ones for which we have no explanation.

So, are you of the belief that there are UAP flying around that probably aren't from any known country or not?

This whole thing about “they’re getting ready for disclosure! They’re dropping the hints!” is a recurring event with the same result everytime.

Yeah but think of all the youtube views it generated for the typical ufo lunatic expert!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, are you of the belief that there are UAP flying around that probably aren't from any known country or not?

I have no idea! I’m specifically commenting about the heightened expectations of government disclosure that are a recurring event.

Yeah but think of all the youtube views it generated for the typical ufo lunatic expert!

Nowadays the world seems fueled by clicks. I really liked it better when it was fueled by alcohol and coke.

Romulus

Maybe they just don't have a clue what this phenomenon is so theres no point in making a guess. And we know theres no such thing as disclosing a guess.

More 'megaton' info could be tied up in classified reports that expose US weapon capabilities or sensors.

Last edited:

StormCell

I have no idea! I’m specifically commenting about the heightened expectations of government disclosure that are a recurring event.

Nowadays the world seems fueled by clicks. I really liked it better when it was fueled by alcohol and coke.

You should have some idea. Look at the various witnesses over the years. There's enough witness testimony to sway a jury and convict a man. What's left is instrument and sensor data from various sources, which is claimed to exist. Even if you were given that data, you wouldn't know what to do with it or what to make of it. There will always be claims that they're making it up. It's the same with the videos. We want to see them, but at the end of the day how does anyone prove they're not fabricating the videos?

Probably what's left is for me to sell my bass boat, buy a sea-faring boat, and take us out there to where they claim these objects are landing and taking off.

StormCell

Maybe they just don't have a clue what this phenomenon is so theres no point in making a guess. And we know theres no such thing as disclosing a guess.

More 'megaton' info could be tied up in classified reports that expose US weapon capabilities or sensors.

After reading that Medium article, it's getting more difficult to believe them when they say they don't know. As a matter of fact, I've begun to wonder if asking them about so-called UAP is sending us barking up the wrong tree. If they know, then the objects in question that we want to know about aren't UAP anymore.

If you really believe they've watching these objects enter from deep space, course correct, and come down in the same location and then take off from same said location, and they've been watching it for years... that the objects are supposedly easy to track. All that's left is to take one more step further and assume there's something on the ocean floor at that location that the USAF+Pentagon is fully aware of. Whatever it is, is enough for craft to come and go about like you would expect at some sort of an air port. Is there an alien base or a colony on our planet? Have we been colonized? Is this no longer our planet? Do we now suddenly share it? Are they going to eventually take it away from us? There are all sorts of questions that had to have been asked by now. Decades of observation and no contact? The behavior is disconcerting.

MadAnon

Mad, I think we need you to present a better explanation of the consequences of creating these massive distortions in space time. You've stated that it would create ridiculous consequences on everything around the object, but what would be these ridiculous consequences?

Much of what UAPTheory presents falls into the category of explaining things we've actually observed. They don't claim to have it all figured out, obviously, because we still don't know how to build anything that replicates our observations. It's meaningful that we have at least some or even most of the understanding to know what we're seeing. These objects obviously aren't having ridiculous consequences on their surroundings, which only leads us to believe that there is a means to prevent those consequences. Otherwise, how else would an object traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour with zero g forces acting on it enter the water completely unaffected by the change in medium?
Let's look at the Earth. Earth's gravitational acceleration on a surface level is 9.81m/s2.

Earth's Mass is 5.9722e24 kg with 6371000m radius.

So the craft in those Nimitz cases were claimed to go from 80k ft to sea level in less than a second. That's roughly 25000m in less than a second.

So you see the craft can easily do an acceleration of more than 25000 m/s2.

Assuming it achieves this by creating a distortion in spacetime and falling towards the center of it, you would need a distortion which creates such gravitational acceleration - 25000 m/s2

So now you have 2 options:

a) increase the mass of the earth

b) leave the same mass but shrink the radius

Obviously the first option of creating a planet sized distortion is dumb

You have option B, shrink the radius. To create a 25000 m/s2 gravitational acceleration on surface level, you would need to shrink earth's radius with all its mass to just 125000m. Still too large. So now we need to reduce both the mass and the radius. There are all kinds of options.

I use earth just for illustration purposes, not that a spaceship needs to shrink it.

Let's say 6 quadrillion kilograms of mass with a 4 meter radius. That would create 25000 m/s2 gravitational acceleration on the surface level.

All seems fine right? Well, it's not! Let's assume you could make such a distortion.

When we create such an extreme distortion the gravitational acceleration change in different points becomes way too rapid. The whole spaghettification thing you know. The closest part of the spacecraft to the distortion would experience significantly higher acceleration than the furthest. Good luck keeping the structural integrity intact when one part of the ship 3m in size accelerates 25000 m/s2 while the other just 8000 m/s2. No fancy metamaterial will save it.

The gravitational acceleration would very quickly decrease with increasing distance but there would still be massive effect on things nearby. I'm just too lazy to write these walls of text.

Not to mention massive problems in generating such a distortion in the first place too.

Last edited:

Romulus

After reading that Medium article, it's getting more difficult to believe them when they say they don't know. As a matter of fact, I've begun to wonder if asking them about so-called UAP is sending us barking up the wrong tree. If they know, then the objects in question that we want to know about aren't UAP anymore.

If you really believe they've watching these objects enter from deep space, course correct, and come down in the same location and then take off from same said location, and they've been watching it for years... that the objects are supposedly easy to track. All that's left is to take one more step further and assume there's something on the ocean floor at that location that the USAF+Pentagon is fully aware of. Whatever it is, is enough for craft to come and go about like you would expect at some sort of an air port. Is there an alien base or a colony on our planet? Have we been colonized? Is this no longer our planet? Do we now suddenly share it? Are they going to eventually take it away from us? There are all sorts of questions that had to have been asked by now. Decades of observation and no contact? The behavior is disconcerting.

I don't know, but I do feel like the space command side of it very quiet about all this. Even Kevin Day(Navy radarman) mentioned the objects ascended into space from the Princeton. So, if that's space command's domain, they have to know something? Now the issue is, would releasing any of that info reveal sensitive information about their tracking capabilities? Probably.

Last edited:

StormCell

Let's look at the Earth. Earth's gravitational acceleration on a surface level is 9.81m/s2.

Earth's Mass is 5.9722e24 kg with 6371000m radius.

So the craft in those Nimitz cases were claimed to go from 80k ft to sea level in less than a second. That's roughly 25000m in less than a second.

So you see the craft can easily do an acceleration of more than 25000 m/s2.

Assuming it achieves this by creating a distortion in spacetime and falling towards the center of it, you would need a distortion which creates such gravitational acceleration - 25000 m/s2

So now you have 2 options:

a) increase the mass of the earth

b) leave the same mass but shrink the radius

Obviously the first option of creating a planet sized distortion is dumb

You have option B, shrink the radius. To create a 25000 m/s2 gravitational acceleration on surface level, you would need to shrink earth's radius with all its mass to just 125000m. Still too large. So now we need to reduce both the mass and the radius. There are all kinds of options.

Let's say 6 quadrillion kilograms of mass with a 4 meter radius. That would create 25000 m/s2 gravitational acceleration on the surface level.

All seems fine right? Well, it's not! Let's assume you could make such a distortion.

When we create such an extreme distortion the gravitational acceleration change in different points becomes way too rapid. The whole spaghettification thing you know. The closest part of the spacecraft to the distortion would experience significantly higher acceleration than the furthest. Good luck keeping the structural integrity intact when one part of the ship 3m in size accelerates 25000 m/s2 while the other just 8000 m/s2. No fancy metamaterial will save it.

The gravitational acceleration would very quickly decrease with increasing distance but there would still be massive effect on things nearby. I'm just too lazy to write these walls of text.

Not to mention massive problems in generating such a distortion in the first place too.

Well, you don't disappoint. I never took classes in special relativity or quantum mechanics, so I'm pretty ignorant on this subject matter. Is what you're saying basically what UAPTheory is suggesting when they state that UAP are creating geodesic surfaces? What they present sounds more contained and not having any effects outside their distortion. It sounds like hacking space at the quantum bit level....

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Give that site a read.
That was a class read sir, top linkage

Well, you don't disappoint. I never took classes in special relativity or quantum mechanics, so I'm pretty ignorant on this subject matter. Is what you're saying basically what UAPTheory is suggesting when they state that UAP are creating geodesic surfaces? What they present sounds more contained and not having any effects outside their distortion. It sounds like hacking space at the quantum bit level....

Most of what indicates engineering is just kinematics. Massive acceleration, sudden turn, a large object flying straight upwards from hovering, all of these are not natural phenomenon. Nothing big does any of that naturally in atmosphere on a planet. Things don't shoot upwards after floating.

StormCell

The fact that this is old and he is old only makes it more fake.
Grandpa probably saw something he didn't understand.
Anyway - true or not... just more talking

Yeah, I know right. Just like that time a senile Ronald Reagan went before the United Nations and started talking about aliens. Old people say the craziest things. Darn dementia.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Did they land yet, did jeremy corbell post anymore videos of airplanes with blinking lights and say how its faster then light technology?

What happened to this thread...ever since that troll started posting flat earther random videos the other day it doesnt show up anymore for me in the forums since a few days ago? Did it get moved?

Last edited:

INC

Did they land yet, did jeremy corbell post anymore videos of airplanes with blinking lights and say how its faster then light technology?

What happened to this thread...ever since that troll started posting flat earther random videos the other day it doesnt show up anymore for me in the forums since a few days ago? Did it get moved?

Its still out there

Don't stop believing, I'm sure we can all,look forward to upcoming book promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom