• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Nintendo DS bullshit goes in here

CrisKre

I designed two DS shirts. What d you think?

SHIRT 1:
nintendo_frenteDScopy.jpg

nintendo_fondoDScopy.jpg

SHIRT 2:
nintendo_frenteDS2copy.jpg

nintendo_fondoDS2copy.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Nice design but I don't like the color choice. Instead of pink why not make it red? It'd match Nintendo's logo and provide a nice balance for both sexes. Also swap the dual screen icon with the touch screen icon. It'd look better if the tall dual screen icon is moved to the top where there is more space to work with, not to mention that it' the most notable feature of the DS so having it at the most prominent location would make sense. For both shirts the front works perfectly, very nice and chic. I'd recommend to try to change the logo from the simple "Touch!" to a more whimsical "Touch me!" for the American audience. While "Touch!" is nice, it's a bit tame and doesn't have that much of an impact whilst "Touch me!" does and provides a bit of humor.

Who's the shirt for? Nintendo promotion or personal?

CrisKre

TR thanks for the imput!

Its for nintendo in latin america. My bosses have to aprove it tough :D

Im gonna see how your suggestions look like.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
CrisKre said:
TR thanks for the imput!

Its for nintendo in latin america. My bosses have to aprove it tough :D

Im gonna see how your suggestions look like.
Oh sorry if I came off a little blunt! I really LOVE the t-shirts as it is. The idea of having all the DS features as icons revolving around the unit is awesome.

Seriously, great stuff.

Alcibiades

yeah, those shirts are awesome...

so who do you work for in Latin America?

Nintedno, a shirt company, a publicity company?

lexi

Banned
I'd wear the first shirt. The others are either too busy graphically or not particullary aesthetically pleasing.

Good work on the first one, though.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'm not liking the black collar/sleeve ends, I'd wear the first shirt if it was just a plain white t-shirt.

CrisKre

Its actually just two shirts: front and back each.

It does have to have reference to the product we're trying to promote tough :/

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
CrisKre said:
Its actually just two shirts: front and back each.

It does have to have reference to the product we're trying to promote tough :/

How about the same front as the first shirt, and a back that has the NintendooDS logo. (all without the black collar/sleeves) Just keep it simple.

neptunes

yeah, I'm not feeling the black collar/sleeve ends either.
The huge DS unit in the middle of the 2nd shirt it's obtrusive.

I'd wear this though :D (re-arranged it a little bit)

revised1.jpg

------

http://touch-ds.jp/fla.html

<go to my 1st touch>

It's an ad campaign that has nintendo going up to random people in japan, giving them a chance to experience the DS for the first time.

New Ping Pals info straight from Guppi from IGN (Wayforward):

Hey fellahs......saw a couple of questions on there:

-the characters were done out of house. They are really cool and there are over a thousand of them.

-I can get a weak signal if I'm at the coffee shop downstairs and a buddy is in the office, so the range is pretty good. But I imagine its the same for PictoChat. We've tested at about 100 feet or so in areas low on interference. I think the best setup for playing a game where you don't want to risk breaking the connection would be around 20 feet.

-A thing added near the end that may not be in the press release is a "doodle charades"-ish game for up to 16 players. Its good fun.

-I haven't heard any changes to the price, but I hope it remains 19.99. The daily shop/customizing and coin earning aspect is really what you're paying for if you play alone. When with others, the doodle game is the best feature.

Sriram

So it has an isketch like game in it now. Sounds good. Sadly I cant enjoy these types of games as much anymore, now that its so much harder to get together a group of friends to play with. Makes me look forward to online possibilities so much more.

Btw, whats the latest news on warpipe ds project? Announcement date?

Sriram said:
So it has an isketch like game in it now. Sounds good. Sadly I cant enjoy these types of games as much anymore, now that its so much harder to get together a group of friends to play with. Makes me look forward to online possibilities so much more.

Btw, whats the latest news on warpipe ds project? Announcement date?

Last I heard anywhere between Halloween until Thanksgiving...but definately by launch. Don't know what they're working on...they don't make it sound like it has to do with online though. Keep you eye on Xlink as well; They seem pretty dedicated on getting the DS to be online capable.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Late Tuesday afternoon, in a conference call with analysts to discuss its financial results for Q2 2005, one Electronic Arts official said the following in the course of answering an analyst's question about the company's plans for its fiscal year (FY) 2006 (April 2005-March 2006):

"We haven’t finalized our SKU plan for FY06, but I would imagine that you’ll see us publish something in the neighborhood of 8 to 12 titles for the Dual Screen, 15 to 20 on the PlayStation Portable ... We would certainly expect to have the kind of market share on the PlayStation Portable as we have enjoyed on the PlayStation 2 and, I think, a larger market share on the Dual Screen than we have had on the Game Boy Advance."

EA expects PS2 numbers with PSP?

mosaic

go eat paint
My lord, I just stepped out of my October stupor long enough to see that DS games are going to be retailing for $49.99. 49.99?!?!!? For a handheld game?!?!? On a system powered by an ARM9?!?!?! No way in hell. Not even.

I want the DS to be good, and am going to love Mario 64 I'm sure, but no way in hell they get people to stomach $49.99/game. Bomberman for $50?! A hackjob Spider-Man or Sims 2 for $50? No damn way.

Memles

mosaic said:
My lord, I just stepped out of my October stupor long enough to see that DS games are going to be retailing for $49.99. 49.99?!?!!? For a handheld game?!?!? On a system powered by an ARM9?!?!?! No way in hell. Not even.

I want the DS to be good, and am going to love Mario 64 I'm sure, but no way in hell they get people to stomach $49.99/game. Bomberman for $50?! A hackjob Spider-Man or Sims 2 for $50? No damn way.

Uhhh...almost all games are retailing at $29.99 USD.

mosaic said:

woah...you're crazy.

Spiderman looks good.

what membles said as well.
I expect games to range mostly from 29.99-34.99, some as low as 19.99, some maybe as high as 39.99.

*FOLLOW UP*

I went to IGN and asked Guppi what minigames would be included in Ping Pals, his response:

lowdown on mini games:

-Hi Lo: this is like that guess a number on Pocket Pikachu...basic coin risker that pays huge if you get it exactly right.

-Top 10: like family fued. Guess all 10 answers in a category and score coins the more you find. Its a fun single player game if you are in a room where people can help yell out answers for you to type in.

-Solo Chat: talk to NPCs and try to steer the conversation towards a conclusion...endings pay out differently.

-Money Words: Certain words pay out money if you happen to type them in while chatting with others, or alone. Some words are really rare and give you a huge jackpot.

-Mutiplayer Hot Potato: pass the potato around between up to 16 players until it explodes on someone. Everyone cashes in except the loser, who gets docked money.

-Multiplayer Doodle: similar to pictionary, and can be played pretty much forever with 2-16 people. It's probably the best of the games.

Mrbob said:
Almost all are $29.99?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/nintendo_ds/

What?

I only see two!

$39.99 and $49.99 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) seem the norm. WTF.

Gamestop all $49.99!

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?...o+DS&platform=0&find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search

:(

Hey Jarrod what happened to your theory that EA wasn't going to suppor the PSP like they are the DS! Looks like another prediction of yours shot down! :D

I'm sorry, you're sitting here taking placeholder prices over official statements? Secondly, The Gamestop link only lists one launch title, Project Rub, which I believe has already been confirmed to have a lower MSRP. Try searching a title like, Super Mario 64 on Gamestop and tell me the price.

EB Games prices seem decent, you point there is SLIGHTLY more valid. But Don't dare say $50 is the norm when pricing for games that ARE NOT launch titles have NOT been announced. You know how long those $50 price tags have been up there? I think once the system launches we'll get a better idea of the average pricing for the system. Nintendo has already announced their software pricing plans, check IGN, Gamespot, and so on for details. Hell, many have videos of the conferences in which Reggie speaks on the pricing points here in America.

Stop getting your underwear in a bunch.

Mrbob said:
Dude we are under a month till launch you figure Nintendo would have this shit straightened out.

I know, isn't it great?

I agree, Nintendo should have this all straightened out. I really wanna reserve a game, or do a bundle, but I don't think that's going to happen till right near launch. Also, I don't remember well, but did an other systems have such varied price ranges for their software? DS has $20 for one thing, 30 for another, 40 for something else. I really wouldn't want to be a retailer and name a price with all these variables. The pricing of the launch titles is most important right now anyways, and those seem to be pretty close to definite right now. ($20-$40). The average software pricing is something we're just going to have to wait it out for. Launch will really show us what we're getting at.

Alcibiades

I wouldn't take any of these prices as official...

until Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and the major retailers do pricing, we really won't know...

EBgames and Gamestop are always padding their margins by increasing the price by $5 for a bunch of stuff (they used to do it by $2.99 for some games, coming out to like 52.99 for some new games)...

The DK Bongos, Pokemon FiLe are $5 more there than in regular retailers...

In fact, some stuff like GCN controllers are $20 at Target/Wal-Mart and cost more in other places...

when Skies of Arcadia had a sort-of reprint earlier this year, most stores that carried it had it at $20 (Gamestop, Fry's I think), but Ebgames.com had it at $29.99, padding their margins by $10.

If they know they are going to sell out, I think they might not think twice about charging more...

When the GCN launched, Best Buy had a good BUY TWO GAMES, SAVE $10, BUY THREE, SAVE $@), and so on....

hopefully they'll do something like that this year with the launch of DS, and I doubt they'll be padding their margins on games...

jarrod

Banned
Mrbob said:
Hey Jarrod what happened to your theory that EA wasn't going to suppor the PSP like they are the DS! Looks like another prediction of yours shot down! :D
What theory? Honestly, you people need to reread what my concerns were.

Falch

From the sticky psp thread:

Folder said:
MCV carries DS launch details for the UK on Thursday for those interested. I can't tell you about it now as it was a freelance project for the magazine. Sorry. :)

So, any news?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Nintendo DS in den Charts vor neuer PlayStation2

22.10.04 - Die Vorbestellungen von Nintendo DS verlaufen in Japan durchweg positiv. Das geht aus Erhebungen der Nikkei BP Consulting hervor, die sich auf den Zeitraum vom 11.10.04 bis 17.10.04 beziehen.

Der Handheld kommt in der ersten Woche bereits auf Platz 3 der Charts und kommt damit noch vor Sonys neuer PlayStation2, die auf dem vierten Rang liegt und weniger Vorbestellungen erhielt.

1.( 1 ) Game Boy Advance SP (Nintendo)
2.( 2 ) PlayStation2 -Modell SCPH-50000 NB- (Sony)
3.(NEW) Nintendo DS (Nintendo)
4.( 4 ) PlayStation2 - neues kleines Modell -SCPH-70000 CB- (Sony)
5.( 3 ) Gamecube (Nintendo)

A Nikkei report on preorders:

1. GBA SP
2. OLD PS2
3. NDS
4. NEW PS2
5. GCN

Kon Tiki

Banned
An interview with Leslie Shorts Nintendo of Canada

Yesterday, we had the chance to talk with Leslie Short, director of the communications with Nintendo Canada, at the press presentation for NDS.

[ Generation Nintendo]You let us know already that the United States will have a significant budget for the marketing campaign of the DS, what about Canada is?

Leslie: For Canada, we have a budget of $3 M for the launching campaign.

[G-N]How is this spread across the country exactly, publicity with television, the cinema, etc...?

Leslie: It will consist of television commercials, outside and in the cinemas starting December. We will also have street teams in stores shpwing off the NDS to potentinal buyers. It will be also possible, for potential buyers, to test the DS into private, at the house, in order to decide if they want or not to buy it. Finally, a Web site will be soon launch. The promotion should start at the same time as in the United States, i.e. the first or second week of November.

[ G-N]Will Resident Evil and Metroid Precede 2: Will Echoes get to the same treatment?

Leslie: Metroid Prime will have a pre-order bonus, $10 pre-order will get you a limited edition case. That will start around October 29. Also, there will be one * bundle * for the holidays, a little in the same spirit as that of Zelda last year, which will start in November. I cannot unfortunately say to you what ily will have inside this one, but there will be one of them.

[ G-N]Realting to Online gaming, is Nintendo preparing something?

Leslie: At present, no online games is under development. Third Party have been given all that is neccessary to make online games.

When we asked him what were the relations between Nintendo and WarpPipe, for a still unknown functionality, a project made with the Gamecube games, he said there is currently no partnership between them and Nintendo. Cavity, it will say of it that it was very enthusiastic with the idea of the exit of the console and very trustful as for the good sales and when we asked him what it thought of the PSP, it Is the same speech as the others, namely that it Is not possible to judge impact of the latter being given the little of information which we have and it is especially retained to compare the two consoles, being the different strategy that both compagniesont.

We also know that in the 30 days following the exit of the console, there will be approximately 12 games available and more before the end of the first quarter 2005.

The 12 games of which we spoke to you are as follows:
Nintendo
Super Mario 64 DS
Pictochat

Electronic Arts
Madden NFL 2005
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Golf
The Urbz?: Sims in the City?

Activision
Spiderman
Unknown game (most likely a COD Ngage port)

THQ
Ping Rals

Sega
Feel the Magic: XY/XX

Ubi Software
Rayman DS
Asphalt Urban GT

Namco
Ridge Racer DS
Mr. Driller: Spirits

Poorly translated by myself. (some parts I did not understand, and googled them)

Source http://www.generation-nintendo.com

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i checked the gamestop computer yesterday, in the system most of the games are 29.99. A funny thing though is that all games are listed under the "LYNX" category for some odd reason.

atomsk

Party Pooper
TRU only has 2 games in the system so far...

NDS PING PALS 29.99
NDS SPIDERMAN 2 THE M 39.99

last week only spiderman was listed, so i'll be checking it everyday now. :D

aoi tsuki

sp0rsk said:
i checked the gamestop computer yesterday, in the system most of the games are 29.99. A funny thing though is that all games are listed under the "LYNX" category for some odd reason.
By any chance is Lynx using the same SKU category? i can't remember what it was... 05 or 16. i remember when we first started getting NGP games in, some were in the 16 category.

neptunes

The newest nintendo power has 4 new metroid prime hunters screens, and a 2 new rayman ds shots.

I'll just post it on OA.

Top Bottom