• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

darknil

I'm just wondering if there are any good deals on them. Mine is already full, which is kinda silly.

I think the general consensus is...
Factory HDD < 5400rpm Hybrid SSD/HDD = 7200rpm HDD < SSD. I could be wrong, though.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat, I want to get one HDD of 2TB so it lasts a bit.

Which ones should I look then, 7200rpm? (since SSD would be pretty expensive). For my PS3 I actually bought 5400rpm because of the heat concerns over a 7200.

Which ones should I look then, 7200rpm? (since SSD would be pretty expensive). For my PS3 I actually bought 5400rpm because of the heat concerns over a 7200.
I've been using a 7200rpm HDD since I got my console, and have had no issues with it.

fedexpeon

Banned
So, Amazon is finally listening to their investors and decided not to match with the other retailers?
Because boy...there is literally no good sale on the site for the past two days.

pooptest

I have a Seagate 1TB/8GB SSD hybrid. Runs fine. I'd check out the PS4 HDD thread though. Speed tests galore in there for different HDD's. I got mine for $75 at TigerDirect (no tax/free ship), so it was a no-brainer.

So, Amazon is finally listening to their investors and decided not to match with the other retailers?
Because boy...there is literally no good sale on the site for the past two days.

every company must fall once they get too big. remember back when amazon gave 20 dollar videogame credits for preorders?

damn those days are long dead. :(

every company must fall once they get too big. remember back when amazon gave 20 dollar videogame credits for preorders?

Wow, yeah, I'd forgotten about this too; I knew Origin's $10 pre-order credit deal sounded familiar. Crazy to imagine Amazon doing this now.

-Horizon-

Reading this part in the press release:

Plus, Amazon will introduce three coveted Deals of the Day starting on Thanksgiving at midnight, as well as three more on Black Friday

I think that 50 inch tv will be on Thursday or Friday.

Scrawnton

Amazon is making my Xmas gift buying for my niece and nephew veery easy! $12 scribblednaughts and $25 just dance 2015 for wii u ? Yes please.

Ecto311

Amazon is making my Xmas gift buying for my niece and nephew veery easy! $12 scribblednaughts and $25 just dance 2015 for wii u ? Yes please.

I got scribblenauts for my daughter and it is the best game yet. It is so great to play with her and teach spelling and let her spell out the words and her thinking about the situation. It should be in schools as much as she is learning and starting to read more. She is 5 and loves the shit out of it.

pooptest

For the lazy out there that have Opera and don't want to keep pounding the F5 key, you can download the Page Reloader extension.

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/page-reloader/?display=en-US

Things to note: Units of time wrong; 30 minutes = 30 seconds, 1 hour = 1 minute, etc., but in custom interval, minutes and seconds are correct. Once installed, just right-click anywhere on the page and choose your interval (I have mine at 1 minute and refreshing the "Today's Deals' page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb).

Raw64life

Shadow of Mordor is my one slam dunk I'm getting this deal game. And of course they decide to have the deal go up at 3:00 AM tonight. Really?

wiibomb

For the lazy out there that have Opera and don't want to keep pounding the F5 key, you can download the Page Reloader extension.

Things to note: Units of time wrong; 30 minutes = 30 seconds, 1 hour = 1 minute, etc., but in custom interval, minutes and seconds are correct. Once installed, just right-click anywhere on the page and choose your interval (I have mine at 1 minute and refreshing the "Today's Deals' page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb).

that add-on also exist for mozilla, its named check4change, I think chrome had the same

Ogawa-san

Or Page Monitor for chrome. You can set it to check every few minutes and tell you if the page (or a specific part of it, like the price) changed.

The Microsoft Store is doing $10 XBLA credit with preorders now. But yeah, back when Amazon was trying to build share those were great deals.

pooptest

Or Page Monitor for chrome. You can set it to check every few minutes and tell you if the page (or a specific part of it, like the price) changed.

that add-on also exist for mozilla, its named check4change, I think chrome had the same

Sweet. I had no idea. And I moved away from doing the Amazon refresh in Chrome, for now. It just kept locking up the tab and it took about 10 seconds for the tab to even close after X'ing it out.

Thank you, though.

Can someone help me out with how these deals work? I want to attempt to get one of the 40 or 50 inch TVs but I can't for the life of me figure out how these deals work. How do I know when the deals will go live? Also, are Toshiba TVs any good? I have a 32 inch samsung right now, would a 50 inch Toshiba be roughly as good?

-Horizon-

Can someone help me out with how these deals work? I want to attempt to get one of the 40 or 50 inch TVs but I can't for the life of me figure out how these deals work. How do I know when the deals will go live? Also, are Toshiba TVs any good? I have a 32 inch samsung right now, would a 50 inch Toshiba be roughly as good?

All you can do is constantly refresh the golden box deals page and filter it to just electronics so that you can see if there are any tv deals.

The tv deals themselves show up at random. Nobody knows when they will go up. It just happens (like yesterday there were two for Vizio tvs).

rjinaz

Wow they put up their first computer. About time.
Dell Inspiron 3048 i3048-4286BLK 20-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop $419

All you can do is constantly refresh the golden box deals page and filter it to just electronics so that you can see if there are any tv deals.

The tv deals themselves show up at random. Nobody knows when they will go up. It just happens (like yesterday there were two for Vizio tvs).

Are you really fucking telling me that the only way to get in on these deals is to refresh the page all fucking week long and hope you're doing it when the deal goes up? No heads up or anything? Not even attempting if true.

rjinaz

Are you really fucking telling me that the only way to get in on these deals is to refresh the page all fucking week long and hope you're doing it when the deal goes up? No heads up or anything? Not even attempting if true.

Yes. Though, they'll hit in the next three days not a week, but still, yeah that's what you have to do.

MadSexual

I've been waiting for Thief 2014 to drop to $10 for a while. Any reason to believe it will be significantly lower in the next month or two?

-Horizon-

Yep, its been a heck of a week so far. Pretty sure my F5 button hates me now.

-Horizon-

$200 or bust!

e9kpI5X.gif

So it doesn't even show up in the upcoming deals countdown thing?

Nope, it doesn't show up there either. It'll just pop up and you better hope you're one of the first people who see it in 10 minutes.

pooptest

So it doesn't even show up in the upcoming deals countdown thing?

It doesn't. It shows up right after the Deal of the Day.

Example, here's my screen:
4iQXAwE.png

$200 or bust!

e9kpI5X.gif

Nope, it doesn't show up there either. It'll just pop up and you better hope you're one of the first people who see it in 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'm getting the Toshiba, too. I just hope I get it...

Was there a deal on Mordor I missed? It's top selling in Video Games right now but the price isn't exactly stellar... $47.

It was only sold as a bundle with LotR Blu-Ray boxset. It came out to $25 for the game, but it was about $57 or something for the cheapest bundle. I already have the game, so I'll wait till BB's BF sale.

RoKKeR

Was there a deal on Mordor I missed? It's top selling in Video Games right now but the price isn't exactly stellar... $47.

rjinaz

4iQXAwE.png

Yeah thankfully the tvs so far have appeared on that first page. Other deals have popped up on a few pages in, like that computer they have up right now. It's extremely annoying having to scroll through several pages.

-Horizon-

Based on nothing at all:
The first vizio tv yesterday came up around this time I think (or maybe it was an hour after). I'm guessing there'll be another tv deal like yesterday 5-6 hours after this one is done.

4iQXAwE.png

It was only sold as a bundle with LotR Blu-Ray boxset. It came out to $25 for the game, but it was about $52 for the cheapest bundle. I already have the game, so I'll wait till BB's BF sale.

We got this. AmazonWatchGAF strong.

Top Bottom