• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

I never understood why. Surely the disk is big enough...the whole point of blu-ray was space for such things in the HD era. It really irritates me that the EE are split into two.
Return of the King is over 4 hours long when extended. I'd rather they split it than compress it to hell and back.

//ARCANUM

We in this boat together!

500px-And_its_gone_original.jpg

(the vizio)

I just want to say thank you to everyone who didn't buy Watch Dogs during that last sale. 44% is more than I would have hoped, but it's still very low. I hope someone at Amazon is paying attention.

Though if they are, they're probably thinking, "Well, it looks like video games aren't a big item this year!"

pooptest

How does the wait list work? You still have to buy it right away if you get the offer right?

No, I think they just let you know that you can order it since they allocated more units for the sale than initially posted. I was on their mobile site and it said to keep an eye out for a notification via the Amazon mobile app and to ensure notifications are enabled for said app. I don't think you're forced to pay for it, though.

I also joined Waitlist for the 64GB USB3.0 stick posted earlier and haven't heard anything...

I'm beginning to think that the Toshiba will be posted around the same time tomorrow. Or, if we're lucky, maybe after the Vizio deal disappears!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Don't have the time to go through all the links, so maybe someone could do a quick check for me:

Any Kindle PaperWhite deals?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
No, I think they just let you know that you can order it since they allocated more units for the sale than initially posted.
It's due to people claiming the deal but then not actually making the purchase.

pooptest

Did the Vizio even show up in the Upcoming section for a bit prior to the sale?

If you just go to Amazon.com then go to Today's Deals at the top, it shows up as the 2nd to 4th deal. The first deal(s) are usually the Deal(s) of the Day, then the short-lived deals (i.e. TV's), will show up right after them. It won't show up if you're clicking through the "Upcoming" section.

//ARCANUM

Pssst. It's a secret for gaf gold members only.

Seriously, though, no, we don't have an idea.

i'd be so happy if they posted the toshiba right after the vizio. would be such a relief to have that done and taken care of. of course its not gonna happen. probably gonna post on friday at 7 am or something crazy like that with no warning. :/

Let me just echo that this year's Amazon nonsense of making us refresh the page continually is garbage. Where are the guaranteed deals coming at specific times? If this is par for the course for Amazon's Black Friday future, count me out.

-Horizon-

i'd be so happy if they posted the toshiba right after the vizio. would be such a relief to have that done and taken care of. of course its not gonna happen. probably gonna post on friday at 7 am or something crazy like that with no warning. :/

Its gonna happen when I don't have internet access on my commute. I just know it. lol

Was really hoping for Diablo 3 (ps4) and a DualShock 4 to go on sale before the actual black friday or cyber Monday events, because I work during both events it doesn't look like it will happen. :(

This may not help but I think Best Buy is starting their Black Friday deals at 5PM on Thanksgiving and I know they have Diablo III PS4 and a DS4 on sale for Black Friday. You might be able to snag those items online starting at 5PM. Amazon may price match (but I don't know when/what time they might do so).

EDIT: Target will also have a deal on DS4's and Diablo 3 but I am not sure what time their Black Friday deals start. Also their Diablo III will be $35 instead of $30 like it will be for Best Buy. YMMV...

E92 M3

Let me just echo that this year's Amazon nonsense of making us refresh the page continually is garbage. Where are the guaranteed deals coming at specific times? If this is par for the course for Amazon's Black Friday future, count me out.

I am guessing they're experimenting with different models and see which ones work best for them. As much as I love Amazon - and I love amazon - they have been lacking this year for video games at least.

Elitist1945

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet but I just found out about this deal on Amazon for $54.98. Don't think I'll bite but it is damn tempting:

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Media Collection [PS4]

EDIT: I won't post links but there are similar deals to this one including one for Xbone.

I've already seen the movies countless times, and probably won't play the game much - but bought because amazing deal. I'm horrible with money.

Raw64life

Are there any deals on Wii U games this year? I saw Mario kart 8 for $35 at Walmart and that's it.

I patiently waited for a deal on Pikmin 3 last year. It never happened. I look on Amazon now and it's currently at $70 for some reason. Amazon does not want me to have this game.

I still cant pull the trigger.

I totally get you.

The money isn't at issue here; it's the time. Is the time you would put into this game worth the experience you'd get out? (I'd argue, no.)

At least it's an actual good deal in the price department though. Precious few of those so far.

//ARCANUM

I totally get you.

The money isn't at issue here; it's the time. Is the time you would put into this game worth the experience you'd get out? (I'd argue, no.)

At least it's an actual good deal in the price department though. Precious few of those so far.

yeah same situation for me. was sitting there in my cart and thinking when am i gonna have time to play this? i've got halo, unity and persona Q arriving today...

Since I'm a thread derailer, I'll go ahead and post it here. I was finally able to find a copy of Madden NFL 15 for $29.99 online at kmart.com. They had ran out at Walmart and I didn't want to have to wait until Black Friday to maybe get as good a deal at Best Buy or elsewhere, so anyone still looking for this may want to give kmart a try. Here's the URL:

http://www.kmart.com/electronic-art...W008369048001P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9

A word of warning though - I previously had attempted to buy it over the last couple of days and kept clicking on "guest checkout" as I didn't have an account with them. After going through everything (including giving my credit card #) it finally told me it was out of stock and couldn't ship it to me.

Today I finally decided to submit for an online account with them and it worked. I don't know if there was a bug with the guest checkout or if they finally got stock in but wanted to let you know of my hassles. I'm glad I tried one more time... :)

EDIT: Another warning - if you place an order and then log back in and look it may not say you have an open order. Seems they don't have the best online system available so there is a processing delay with it showing up that you had ordered it - especially if you created a new account at the same time like I did. I called and found out my order was placed but it wasn't showing up yet.

They also have a few other PS4 games on some pretty decent deals but I don't know if they are in-stock or not. Also some of them are pickup only so if they are in stock and you live close to one then you'll have better luck.

I patiently waited for a deal on Pikmin 3 last year. It never happened. I look on Amazon now and it's currently at $70 for some reason. Amazon does not want me to have this game.

That's crazy. That game should be $39.99 at most now.

I've been hopeful for Hyrule Warriors and Bayo 2, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Bayonetta will drop soon since sales are bad I'm sure.

Buy 1 get 1 40% off at Toys R Us.

That ended over the weekend didn't it? Anyways even with discount you are look at $100+ with the 2 games so its not really a good deal. Mario Kart 8 for $35 is a good deal.

Top Bottom