• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

I've been meaning to get rid of my cable box for a while to save mmoney. Is it a good idea to buy a Roku streaming stick or invest in a Roku 3?

Some stores are selling the latter for $85 as opposed to the usual $100.

Or is there a better alternative like Amazon Fire or Chromecast?

pooptest

Is this TV decent for gaming? i cant find anything anywhere on it.

i can't really find any helpful reviews either. However, rtings has the 5600 review: http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/lg/lb5600

It notes low input lag, but ghosting issues, bad blacks, and bad reflection.

Wow those LG reviews and user pics are awful. Good to know that Amazon is putting out a hunk of junk.

Yet people seem to be eating it up. Already 81% claimed. I just hope the Toshiba they're putting up is the one I guessed. Very good reviews.

EDIT: 100% claimed; Waitlist available.

Assanova

Ordered it with two seconds left. I can always return it. Been wanting a large screen TV. It will do until it's time to get a 4k or OLED TV. Also, if you look at the reviews, it looks like the TV settings just need to be adjusted.

pooptest

Ordered it with two seconds left. I can always return it. Been wanting a large screen TV. It will do until it's time to get a 4k or OLED TV.

TBH, I would get in on the Walmart deal. Yeah, you have to wait in line, but it's much better than the LG. And it's "Smart", if that's something you need/would like to have.

Somnid

I've been meaning to get rid of my cable box for a while to save mmoney. Is it a good idea to buy a Roku streaming stick or invest in a Roku 3?

Some stores are selling the latter for $85 as opposed to the usual $100.

Or is there a better alternative like Amazon Fire or Chromecast?

Some stores have been selling the Fire TV stick for ~$20 (normally $40). It's probably the best deal for this sort of thing if you can find one. The only app it's missing is HBO Go though it has been promised for release at some point.

Koppai

So that $200 Toshiba TV could pop up anytime today? I think they might hold it for tomorrow or actually Friday...

rjinaz

So that $200 Toshiba TV could pop up anytime today? I think they might hold it for tomorrow or actually Friday...

Maybe because it's probably their best deal, but nonetheless I wouldn't count out today. They also have the $79 32 inch to put out there on Thurs or Fri.

Assanova

TBH, I would get in on the Walmart deal. Yeah, you have to wait in line, but it's much better than the LG. And it's "Smart", if that's something you need/would like to have.

You'd only save about $200 on the Walmart deal, and it is only a $60 TV. The LG is 65" and was originally 1400 bucks, so it's a huge savings. Also, after reading the reviews on Amazon, it sounds like the TV settings just need to be adjusted.

//ARCANUM

You'd only save about $200 on the Walmart deal, and it is only a $60 TV. The LG is 65" and was originally 1400 bucks, so it's a huge savings. Also, after reading the reviews on Amazon, it sounds like the TV settings just need to be adjusted.

Those photos showing light leakage coming from the sides looked pretty physical and not something that could be adjusted in settings...

Assanova

Good luck. I was refreshing Amazon constantly, and the second I went to go do something, the TV came up while I was away, and I lost out on in. When the next TV came up, it has Prime member early access, so I couldn't get in on it. And there is no way I'm waiting in line for a TV on black friday.

Some stores have been selling the Fire TV stick for ~$20 (normally $40). It's probably the best deal for this sort of thing if you can find one. The only app it's missing is HBO Go though it has been promised for release at some point.
Best Buy is rolling it for $25 and after using it a bit, it beats Chromecast in terms of usefulness. I do miss some easiness since it is harder to broadcast tablet/phone content.
Miracast is neat, but it lags compared to Chromecast.

Also, I can vouch for Wal-Mart doing well this holiday. The line I had to wait for my 40 inch was not that bad. Although BF line may be killer.

pooptest

The Walmart one is a 65", too. Here's the TV that will be going up: http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E65...696&oid=223073.1&u1=&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

And never trust List Prices, it's just MSRP. Example, it's currently $799 at NewEgg right now and free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-LED+TV-_-9SIA1CZ2504039.
So, a $150 savings.

-Horizon-

0hlpt8n.gif

//ARCANUM

The one benefit I think we have is that if there is a TV deal up right now, there won't be another until it's down. So the next chance we have to see the 50" will probably be in about 1hr 20 mins from now earliest. (Or I'm completely wrong.)

pooptest

The one benefit I think we have is that if there is a TV deal up right now, there won't be another until it's down. So the next chance we have to see the 50" will probably be in about 1hr 20 mins from now earliest. (Or I'm completely wrong.)

Might not be until later. The 2nd TV last night was posted around 5:50~PM PST. About 7 or so hours after the first.

pooptest

i still havent seen any GPU deals worth getting in my price range. 970 isnt getting cheaper and 290/x deals are not good enough,

There was a 295X2 for $649~ or so yeserday. I don't know if that's in your price range, though. You could just buy a 65" TV instead, :p.

kamakazi5

The reviews seem to say that it's a decent TV but a lot of people reporting defective units though. I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth the risk.

There was a 295X2 for $649~ or so yeserday. I don't know if that's in your price range, though. You could just buy a 65" TV instead, :p.

200-300 but i would like a nice deal for 290 under 250 its soo close and a couple have come and gone but i didnt get in on them.

I think Amazon just updated the Video Games holiday deals page with the stuff that they'll be offering Nov 27 - 29.

If those are just ongoing deals, I guess those are fine. I really hope Amazon comes through on a decent Xbox One deal though... Honestly, there's been next to nothing good thus far for anything gaming related.

Eh nothing all the great in terms of new lightning deal games.

Lego Movie The Game
Forza 5
Deadrising 3
PSASBR
South Park PS3
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Injustice PS4 (Free next month on PS+)
Need for Speed Rivials 360/ps3/ps4/x1
Ryse

Eh. Not bad for Xbox One owners, but crap for all else. No dice this year Amazon. We'll see what they offer for cyber monday.

//ARCANUM

Lego Movie The Game
Forza 5
Deadrising 3
PSASBR
South Park PS3
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Ryse

Eh. Not bad for Xbox One owners, but crap for all else. No dice this year Amazon. We'll see what they offer for cyber monday.

I don't see Forza, dead rising or ryse anywhere listed as an upcoming deal (not even on the deals calendar page for video games). Where are you seeing this?

Lego Movie The Game
Forza 5
Deadrising 3
PSASBR
South Park PS3
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Ryse

where are you seeing that at?

I don't see Forza, dead rising or ryse anywhere listed as an upcoming deal (not even on the deals calendar page for video games). Where are you seeing this?

On this page

Under Black Friday Deals of the Week. Keep pressing the arrow to the right until they show up.

$20 off Ryse
$20 off Forza

Although it says "$20 off of Forza" under Dead Rising.

All three start at 12am

Edit* I guess they're not technically lightning deals, but they don't start until a specific time? Amazon is really all over the place with their deals.

Man the deals calendar is pretty awful. It is bad the most excited I am is the 16GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card going to be on sale.
Good for new Xbox owners tough because Zoo Tycoon is totally worth $20.

Top Bottom