• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

That ended over the weekend didn't it? Anyways even with discount you are look at $100+ with the 2 games so its not really a good deal. Mario Kart 8 for $35 is a good deal.

Their ad for BF is all games B1G1 40% off. Outside of Mario Kart it's the only announced sale on Nintendo titles. Now that Gamers Club at Best Buy has been dirt cheap for the last month it makes it look like a shit deal though.

//ARCANUM

another shame i just realized - prime members didn't get early access to the vizio tv. seems like prime early access is for some pretty lame stuff.

So the upcoming Amazon deal is for the Assassin's Creed 1&2 Ultimate Collection, which apparently doesn't even include all of the AC2 titles.

This product was released in 2011 and is already $9.99. So, a couple questions...

1.) Who gives a damn about this product?
2.) Is this going to be free? Because at what price is someone's threshold on this such that a sale on this matters?

I'm seriously getting the impression that Amazon is messing with us.

another shame i just realized - prime members didn't get early access to the vizio tv. seems like prime early access is for some pretty lame stuff.

Yeah, it's been 100% useless. A total head-fake to get people to add a prime subscription before the holidays.

//ARCANUM

So the upcoming Amazon deal is for the Assassin's Creed 1&2 Ultimate Collection, which apparently doesn't even include all of the AC2 titles.

This product was released in 2011 and is already $9.99. So, a couple questions...

2.) Is this going to be free? Because at what price is someone's threshold on this such that a sale on this matters?

Yeah, it's been 100% useless. A total head-fake to get people to add a prime subscription before the holidays.

AND - 3.) It was already a black friday lightning deal a couple of days ago!! they're just running it again. I think it was like $6.99 or something.

This is seriously a joke so far.

Thanks for that KMART link... Picked Infamous for $20 and Castle Wolfenstein for $25 , also got free 2day. Yea looks like Kmart is the place to go.

this has assassins creed one, youd have to pay me to play that again. this should be -9.99.

pay us to clear that inventory

//ARCANUM

anyone who has gotten a black friday deal this year, once you've bought an item through a lightning deal, will it allow you to go back and buy another one?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is it possible to get a brief recap of the most recent deals on Amazon.com for games? Including the ones already passed.

How does Amazon determine the quantity limits? Is there a way they can tell if someone buys the max quantity of a product on one account, and switches to a new account to do the same?

I ordered a couple of copies of LotR for myself as gifts using my account, and then ordered some for my brother on another account (Since it's easier for him to just pay me back after I order something), and one of the orders was canceled. Is it via payment method? Shipping address?

Moofers

How bad of an idea would it be to buy the Mordor + Bluray bundle and plan on selling the bluray bundle afterward? I just want the game for like $25 is it reasonable to think I could sell the movies for $30?

goldenpp72

Hey everyone, my TV is on its deathbed and I'm in need of a new one, I'm looking for anything in the 55-65 range. I don't care about 3d, 4K would be nice but is not mandatory, is there anything upcoming that would beat this set in price or quality?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I94IPXS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not the type who just wants a big set for cheap, I want a great TV and am fine to pay more, just trying to determine the best timing.. Thanks for any help, real bummer my TV is frying despite only owning it a few years :(

Nipo

How bad of an idea would it be to buy the Mordor + Bluray bundle and plan on selling the bluray bundle afterward? I just want the game for like $25 is it reasonable to think I could sell the movies for $30?

Enough stores are doing Mordor for $25-$30 on BF that I expect Amazon to do a similar deal. I'd hold off instead of risking selling the movies for $30.

//ARCANUM

Hey everyone, my TV is on its deathbed and I'm in need of a new one, I'm looking for anything in the 55-65 range. I don't care about 3d, 4K would be nice but is not mandatory, is there anything upcoming that would beat this set in price or quality?

I'm not the type who just wants a big set for cheap, I want a great TV and am fine to pay more, just trying to determine the best timing.. Thanks for any help, real bummer my TV is frying despite only owning it a few years :(

make sure to check out display lag on that model at displaylag.com. Supposedly samsung's have pretty bad display lag.

goldenpp72

make sure to check out display lag on that model at displaylag.com. Supposedly samsung's have pretty bad display lag.

I tend to enable game mode on Samsung televisions which always seems to fix the problem, or set the input to PC (the source rather), otherwise they certainly do. I just bought a 40 inch Samsung about 6 months ago for my bedroom and it plays fine (and by fine I mean, incredibly precise Smash brothers twitch fest fine) :p

Nipo

This is the TV you want if gaming is a big concern. It isn't super expensive at $1,300 but it isn't cheap. The contast and picture quality are great on the set the biggest downside is the PenTile layout. Input lag is only 37.6 ms.

If you want something that has arguably a better picture quality but is a discontinued model look at the Samsung F8500 Review. Best buy has the 51 inch on close out for $1k which is a bit under your size requirement but i don't think we'll see the bigger sizes anymore

If you really want an LED i'd look at the Sony XBR55X900B. I haven't used one in person but they're getting great reviews and supposed to offer phenomenal picture quality. They're expensive though think $3000 to $4000.

rjinaz

AND - 3.) It was already a black friday lightning deal a couple of days ago!! they're just running it again. I think it was like $6.99 or something.

This is seriously a joke so far.

It really is. Last year I was off the entire week before thanksgiving and I spent a lot of that time watching Amazon. They were piling on the deals, new movies, games, laptops. tvs. I got so much stuff! I remember they pretty much price matched the best deals every store had.

They started days before thanksgiving with great deals.I don't think I have even seen a single laptop yet and only one tv so far. Its like they're not even trying this year. Have they put up anything yet that was impressive besides that tv and maybe a couple of video game price matches?

Booooo Amazon. Booooo

rjinaz

Did they put a TV on sale without putting it in the upcoming section? Screw you Amazon!

Last year the best deals, mostly the price matches, were random times and were not on the upcoming deals. Seems so far they are again doing it that way this year.

displaylag.com is down I believe. Can't get it to come up.

I assume the $79 TV has bad input lag. Can this be adjusted or helped in anyway? I'm looking for a cheap but decent TV as when moving out all i'll have is an old CRT.

Also: Has the $79 32" gone on sale yet? lol

rjinaz

displaylag.com is down I believe. Can't get it to come up.

I assume the $79 TV has bad input lag. Can this be adjusted or helped in anyway? I'm looking for a cheap but decent TV as when moving out all i'll have is an old CRT.

Also: Has the $79 32" gone on sale yet? lol

I haven't heard that it has. I think you're good.

Salex_

Saw it at 23%. Went to do research on the picture quality and input lag. Came back 7 minutes later and now I'm on the waitlist. Sigh. Sucks, but I wouldn't want to spend money on a trash TV, no matter how cheap it is.

You can just add it to your cart and you'll have 15 minutes to decide if you want it.

EDIT: So yeah, now I see all of the stock is available when Prime early access starts. There's no way any non-Prime members will get those TVs unless someone happens to not checkout within 15 minutes.

Why are the other lightning deal categories full of stuff:

xQxIEjal.png

...while the video game category is almost empty?

vCnYw4Dl.png

oSoLucky

You can just add it to your cart and you'll have 15 minutes to decide if you want it.

Yeah, I just got it. I got a notification from the app and it gave me 1 minute to put it in the cart and as you said, 15 minutes to order. This is perfect for me. I already have a 60" F8500 so I was looking for a good value set for the other room.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how are you guys finding out the tv deals are live? Refreshing the specific page until it goes on sale?

kamakazi5

I'm hoping to get the 65" LG but I thought the TV deals would be up on Black Friday. How long were the other TVs up before selling out?

Arment

Dang. Had an accident during my recent move and broke my HDTV :/ Been looking for a cheap replacement and that could have been it. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Come on 50".

Top Bottom