• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

anyone think Borderlands 2 will be cheaper than 30 bucks this holiday season? Just bought the Arkham action pack for 10 bucks and will be playing that for awhile.

baconcow

Only error I found was this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack - $1.87

It is listed for $7.49 on Amazon. Or perhaps it just ended.

I've been following both the PC and Mac listings, and it has not dropped to $1.87, yet. You can buy them separately for $2.50, which is not that much more.

Dingotech

anyone think Borderlands 2 will be cheaper than 30 bucks this holiday season? Just bought the Arkham action pack for 10 bucks and will be playing that for awhile.

Probably not because they're still releasing DLC for it, so it's pretty new.

For what it's worth I think it's definitely worth $30, I've put over 200 hours into it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Quick question, the games that come with steam keys, you can only download or redeem right? Like I wouldn't be able to download it to my PC, and gift the keys to my friend?

Well, Amazon just did console BL2 for 20, so definitely a possibility.

Quick question, the games that come with steam keys, you can only download or redeem right? Like I wouldn't be able to download it to my PC, and gift the keys to my friend?

BL2 is Steamworks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bah, that sort of kills it then. :/

Except it Hotline Miami goes on sale for 5$, and you have the 5$ coupon. You get it for free. This happened last year many times.

Many games on that list will go back on sale, So I bet Darksiders will hit the same as it is now, and then add in that coupon.

I see in Xelios post on the first page

11/26

Risen 2 - 10 $

But it is crossed out. I presume that means the deal never existed as 11/26 hasn't happened yet. Moral of my post is, post if there is a deal on risen 2.

Shaneus

11/26

Risen 2 - 10 $

But it is crossed out. I presume that means the deal never existed as 11/26 hasn't happened yet. Moral of my post is, post if there is a deal on risen 2.
Read the post. That's actually what's redeemable on Steam or not :)

Fucking excellent. All the issues have been fixed, as far as I'm aware. Gameplay is excellent, as is the story and characters.

It doesn't save the pad settings for some odd reason. It goes back to keyboard. And when I do play on a keyboard(For chatting), it ask me to press a key that my keyboard doesn't have, strange. I guess this could be fix by assigning a different key. Haven't had much time to mess with it. But the pad thing is annoying.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

11/26

Risen 2 - 10 $

Not sure why it's listed as 11/26. I dont think it ever had a 11/26 date. I didn't say that at least

It was on sale 2 days ago and gone

Not sure why it's listed as 11/26. I dont think it ever had a 11/26 date. I didn't say that at least

It was on sale 2 days ago and gone

Damn, too bad. I will keep my eyes peeled on other sites. (GMG!)

Edit, Just checked GMG it is 14.99 + coupon, I might aswell get.

Well it looks like I'm done for this holiday. I got every game I wanted to play or check out. Was going to get the Fear Pack, but honestly, I'm not going to play them, same with the Mass Effect games. I beat the first two, but haven't played the third one. I'll wait for Winter to see how my backlog looks, but now, is GAME TIME!

Sye d'Burns

For anyone that bought the Paradox War Chest that contains Hearts of Iron 3 Collection.

Is all the dlc individual Steam keys or just one Steam key for the base game+dlc? A friend is just missing some of the dlc and I had mentioned this pack being on sale. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to redeem if he has other HoI3 stuff already on his Steam account, if it's just the one key right?

I bought the paradox war chest and the paradox sea something or other.

HoI 3 collection is only one key. I wouldn't let that deter your friend, however. I bought something else, once upon a time, from amazon, I want to say it was civ v GOTY for 12.50, and even though I already owned civ v on steam, the dlc was still added when I entered the code.

I guess it's no guarantee, but it looks like it wouldn't be an issue.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

11/26

Risen 2 - 10 $

Risen 2 deal existed on 11/21 - undefined date, and was listed correctly the entire time it was up. I move sales down and cross them out as they're over, it just happened to get under another date when I copy pasted. Either way you're late by over a day.

I just bought Borderlands 2 for 360 for $25, for what it's worth. I kinda think I should have bought it for PC, I have way more 360 friends, but the co-op isn't where it's at, right?

Bri

I just bought Borderlands 2 for 360 for $25, for what it's worth. I kinda think I should have bought it for PC, I have way more 360 friends, but the co-op isn't where it's at, right?

I've been playing very little of Borderlands 2 so far in co-op and a handful of hours in solo and I think co-op is where it's at to be honest.

I've been playing very little of Borderlands 2 so far in co-op and a handful of hours in solo and I think co-op is where it's at to be honest.

OK. Well, if I love the single player, I may rebuy for PC on a killer Steam or Amazon DD sale. Thanks.

Firebrand

which is better- Civilization IV or V?
Both have their issues. Civ4 is micromanagement hell in large empires and has terrible combat. Civ5 has a much better UI and streamlines a lot, and is perhaps a bit duller because of it. The AI's behavior in Civ5 can also be a bit unpredictable which makes for less stable alliances.

If you're new to the franchise I'd say go with Civ5, but Civ4 isn't exactly difficult to learn either if you decide on that.

derExperte

Thanks, but it doesn't really answer me what I asked.

It does as you now know that the official list doesn't apply, so what remains is the info from Amazon.com. And not to be snarky but Google would have given you posts on GAF that confirm it's for Steam. Also: First post of this thread.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm getting confused. Is the The Walking Dead irredeemable in Steam or not? The Amazon page seems to imply it, but it isn't in the Steam Support list.

Is that list really up-to-date though? Seems to only go up to Humble Bundle 3, and I don't see games like Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders II or Black Ops II.
I know I bought The Walking Dead on Amazon.com and got a Steam key, at least.
On the Amazon page, it even says "Steam account required for game activation and installation."

Sweet. Not sure if there'll be any deals this January.

The Stronghold Kingdoms card pack is kinda temping me back to the game. I used to play it during alpha but quit when it became P2W with beta, though it was hilariously imbalanced. I easily got to a point where I locked down everyone around me and there was no way for them to recover and retaliate.

Top Bottom