• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What's the general consensus for the new Battlefield maps? Armored kill more than anything. PC version.

Kud Dukan

Well I just grabbed Dark Souls PC for 14.99. I still think it's crazy that us Canadians can still get those codes by just entering a random US billing address. You'd think, if the region restriction was so important, they would have made that impossible by now.

that C&C collection is looking fine, if only I didn't have most of those titles already. It wouldn't be callous to wait for it to get closer to $10-$15 would it?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just saw the Ratchet HD Collection on Amazon for $19.99, so I snagged it. Sure, it's not $15, but it's not $30 either.

Honestly, I did pretty modestly this Black Friday. I'm actually kind of proud of myself that I didn't go crazy like last year.

I bought:

Dishonored: $25
Ratchet HD: $20
Portal 2 Steam: $5
Rage Steam: $5
Darksiders 2 Steam: $17

Total: $72

I honestly have all of the games that I was interested in checking out for now, so I didn't have a huge Black Friday list. I promised my wife (and myself), that I wouldn't go overboard with spending this Black Friday like I did last year, and I did good, and still got a good amount of games to go in the backlog pile. Lol.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do we know which games will be part of the Gamespot/Amazon Black Friday show later today?

They didn't list clues. They're only tweeting them, first clue:

@gamespot 10:31 AM
#GSBlackFridays Hint #1 30 year old vet haunted by betrayal attempts to pursue the American Dream. l.gamespot.com/WydyTt

ATF487

Are you not allowed to use the Software/video game credit balances to buy stuff on these deals? I bought Dark Souls because I had 7 free dollars but I got charged 14.99

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Are you not allowed to use the Software/video game credit balances to buy stuff on these deals? I bought Dark Souls because I had 7 free dollars but I got charged 14.99

Depends what the restriction on the credit is I guess

I suppose we should make a new thread on the Gamespot/Amazon deals like before? They can be console deals too

_machine

Only available in January. Can't be stacked.
And it expires after January, right? Just wanted to make sure, since I might not be able to buy anything in January and can wait on the game if need be.

EDIT: Yeah got it now, it expires 31st January.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If anyone wants to sell me their Victoria II : A House Divided, Naval War: Arctic Circle or Mortal Kombat Kollection key please PM me. Can Paypal.

Thanks JaseC for the free MKK key! :)

Liseda

they also gave me a $5 credit towards a game in January.
How does this work?
Doesn't state any special code for it in the email and says it will be applied automatically when I press "Buy & Download" on something, yet the discount doesn't apply when I try it, what am I doing wrong?

Ifrit

How does this work?
Doesn't state any special code for it in the email and says it will be applied automatically when I press "Buy & Download" on something, yet the discount doesn't apply when I try it, what am I doing wrong?

You can not use it yet, only on january next year

Fjordson

Think I'm done. Mostly bought older games for my laptop. Some great deals, though.

Civ IV especially. God damn, its noon now and I've been playing since...well I won't say. But it's been a while.

Petrie

Banned
If anyone is looking for Saints Row I have a couple extra copies from back when it was like $12 with all the DLC. Willing to sell or trade them.

Anyone else having trouble ordering outside of the US? I am trying to buy the Batman double pack for 10 dollars and it won't go through. I am in Canada, but I am using the American address trick.

nevermind, I got it to work :p .

cicero

Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice Games List. It will continue to update apparently.

Note: This page will soon be populated with games for which this promotion will be applicable. Thanks for your purchase from the Amazon Digital Games Store. Below are a selection of games hand-picked by our editorial staff as the hottest titles of 2012. Customers who received $5 promotional credits during November and December can now use them to save money on these games. Your promotional credit can be used on any of them starting January 1, 2013. Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox. Credit must be used by January 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I am so glad that they are doing a list like this so I don't have to wonder if I am buying something that I can eventually get $5 cheaper with the promotional credits.

Carm

For anyone that bought the Paradox War Chest that contains Hearts of Iron 3 Collection.

Is all the dlc individual Steam keys or just one Steam key for the base game+dlc? A friend is just missing some of the dlc and I had mentioned this pack being on sale. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to redeem if he has other HoI3 stuff already on his Steam account, if it's just the one key right?

jediyoshi

Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice Games List. It will continue to update apparently.

I am so glad that they are doing a list like this so I don't have to wonder if I am buying something that I can eventually get $5 cheaper with the promotional credits.

Kind of funky the list would be up so soon since a lot of them are already discounted so much, it'd be saving more money to buy now than using $5 credit. Unless there's some other sale it could coincide with in january.

Carlisle

That $5 FFXI Abyssea is pretty tempting. Anyone one know how that works on Steam/POL when you've already got the previous collection? Can you just add the Abyssea codes to POL and activate the new content IDs, or what? It's not listed as Steamworks.

I received two $5 credits so I get 10$ off or I have to get two games?

Ok got my answer, it is not stackable. You have to use each for a separate game.

alf717

If I own Civilization V (regular edition) and the expansion Gods and Kings. Where do I go from here to get the rest of the DLC without double dipping on the same DLC? I was combing Amazon's site and they have so many different variations on the DLC I keep thinking I'll end up buying the same DLC twice.

Like this: Civilization V: Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea [Online Game Code]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HEA1E4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Then this: Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack [Online Game Code]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HEA2FC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and then this: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Korea Civilization and Scenario Pack [Download])

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MZC1NY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The DLC to this game makes my head spin.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I haven't been catching up with posts on this thread. Let me know if there's any bad info in the OP about activating on Steam/Origin or whatever, or any misc. stuff like region locks

Dingotech

I haven't been catching up with posts on this thread. Let me know if there's any bad info in the OP about activating on Steam/Origin or whatever, or any misc. stuff like region locks

Posted earlier, Batman AC activated fine on my Aussie account for those concerned about the NA tag.

Decado

How is Binary Domain for PC? I see a lot of ppl grabbing it early in the sale, but there aren't many positive reviews and the PC version doesn't sound like a very good port...

which is better- Civilization IV or V?
Here is my order for Civilization games. Hope it helps.
  • Civilization 2 Multiplayer Gold Edition: Because it feels like a tactical board game, not to complex to grasp but pretty hard to master. Also the mods, scenarios and the not ending games make it more like Risk with some improvements.
  • Civilization 1 (Dos): It has an ease of playing, it is well built and calculated. Really good.
  • Civilization 4 (with Expansions): Religion and culture makes up what huge 3Desque isometric graphics took away. You'll never have the same feeling of a Civilization 2 map from a Civ 4 one but the new mechanics help. The resource mechanism still not good enough although it has been added with Civilization 3. This is the one to choose if you need graphics.
  • Civilization 3 (with Expansions): Lots of new mechanics added but the game somehow boiled down to build as much cities as possible. It can give you some fun if you use CivAssist. It is not as easy as Civilization 4.
  • Civilization 5: The new grid system and the new graphics tries to lengthen the game. The map is really small and the new city system while breaking the need for spamming cities makes the game a bit dull.

jediyoshi

How is Binary Domain for PC? I see a lot of ppl grabbing it early in the sale, but there aren't many positive reviews and the PC version doesn't sound like a very good port...

GAF would tell you otherwise.
It's a fine port in any case.

CatPee

Fucking excellent. All the issues have been fixed, as far as I'm aware. Gameplay is excellent, as is the story and characters.

I guess it was a poor port when it came out but it works great for me. I get 60 frames a second on mostly max settings.

alf717

Only error I found was this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack - $1.87

It is listed for $7.49 on Amazon. Or perhaps it just ended.

Top Bottom