• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Cronox said:
Waited 15 minutes already. Unfortunately the system just checked demand and gave it back to me again. Right now I just have a big black "claimed!" under the game as if I bought it.

That is what happened to me with 3D Dot Game Heros. It is now stuck at the 51% that it was at when I "claimed" it, and wont let me do anything with it now. Eh, I need that $15 anyways

Cruzader

Banned
Ah shit, i took too long and the first Ratchet game got OOS. Scored the 2nd one for $10 and had to ship to store quick since I didnt want to miss out. I dont mind waiting a few days to pick it up but looking at Dec8 for pick up? Had no choice but to keep on clicking "next" button to not lose this one.

Ill get the first one from CAG soon.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
LiK said:
you're that sensitive to it?

Yeah, unfortunately. Terrible migraines from it, which is why it sucks any time a multiplatform game doesn't come out on PC (where I can force vsync+triple buffering with every game).

Cronox said:
Waited 15 minutes already. Unfortunately the system just checked demand and gave it back to me again. Right now I just have a big black "claimed!" under the game as if I bought it.

Is the game in your cart? If not, go to the game page, try to add it to your cart, and try to checkout. At the final confirmation page it should show the lightning deal price. It'll show regular price - "gift card" which is their way of giving you the lightning deal price.

LiK

EviLore said:
Yeah, unfortunately. Terrible migraines from it, which is why it sucks any time a multiplatform game doesn't come out on PC (where I can force vsync+triple buffering with every game).

aw man. :(

Just bought Crack In Time from Walmart; I didn't want to wait for Amazon to lower it to $10. I also bought DQ9, even though I STILL haven't played any of the series. :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Eh, bought Split/Second. It was free with my $20 credit, and I loved Pure, so yeah.

Up in five hours for Red Dead.

Instro

So lets see so far Ive ordered:

PS3 Uncharted 2 bundle
Demons Souls
Killzone 2
Infamous

Just looking to get GoW collection, GoW 3, and Uncharted 1. Not bad so far though.

ReyVGM

Just got Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy 13 for 17 each just as Amazon promised.

Looks like the Wii bundle deal is going to be one of the lightning deals later on today.

Provider

I need to stay away from the internet or i'm gonna be really poor for the next couple of months. I'm tempted to buy my third Xbox 360 and second Wii after buying my third DS this week.

Cardigan

Yeah, I decided to buy GOWC and A Crack In Time from Walmart. For $3 extra, I think it's worth not having to worry about lightning deals.

Jokey665

Purchases thus far:

Yesterday:
Flingsmash $30 (this is basically just me buying a Wiimote+ for $10 less than a regular wiimote, plus it comes with a free, but probably bad, game)
Demon's Souls $23 (even though it just went on a lightning deal for $15. I got the version with artbook and soundtrack though, and that version didnt get a deal)

Right Now:
Infamous $10
Dragon Quest IX $17
Final Fantasy XIII $17
3D Dot Game Heroes $15

NomarTyme

tehfryguy said:
My brother has been wanting one, I screamed to him that there's one for 80.

He took one look: "The Mariners? WTF, I wouldn't take that for free"

Hilarity ensues.
Just put a sticker over it!

SlickVic

LOL, in my indecision of whether or not to bite on Bayonetta it sold out. Ah well. Never managed to beat a DMC or NG game, these sort of games probably aren't for me. Guess I should just stick to the simpler combat of stuff like GoW.

ReyVGM

DR2K said:
MGS4 is $9.99, fuck I wish I had money on my debit card.

Solution:

Stand on the street and ask everyone that passes by just 1 dollar. I'm sure you'll "earn" the 10 bucks in no time :p

JayDubya

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Got Beyonetta!

Cool man, glad you figured it all out and got it.

I hope it's a good game, but honestly for $13 it could be pretty mediocre and I'd still at least not resent the purchase. Reviews were good, though.

MiniDitka

Articalys said:
So does anyone know if the $130 PSP-3000 bundle is sold out for the weekend or what? Didn't have a chance to check it until now and it's only showing marketplace offers for $190+, probably from resellers. Will it restock at 3AM EST?
I've been thinking about picking up a PSP for a while but didn't seriously consider it until I saw this deal, so I went to a Gamestop(had a lot of credit) that opened at midnight and picked it up and while I was there for the heck of it asked if they had any Kinects in(didn't have any real interest in it)and they had one left and asked if I wanted it. Now my brain said no but for some unknown reason my mouth said yes and I ended up walking out with a PSP and Kinect :lol

see5harp

For some reason it's listing Dragon Quest IX for $17, but when I add to cart it's giving me something else? Did they run out of their own stock?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That's really crazy.

How does Amazon have the Mariners edition DS Lite?

I thought only like 2000 were made for sale at the stadium, and that was 3 years ago.

I can add it to my cart and they have more than 999 available.
Really weird.

Aselith

see5harp said:
For some reason it's listing Dragon Quest IX for $17, but when I add to cart it's giving me something else? Did they run out of their own stock?

It should discount it at checkout. That's how it worked for me on Killzone 2 and Bayonetta both.

NomarTyme

dallow_bg said:
That's really crazy.

How does Amazon have the Mariners edition DS Lite?

I thought only like 2000 were made for sale at the stadium, and that was 3 years ago.

I can add it to my cart and they have more than 999 available.
Really weird.
Look like they bought the overstock!

tehfryguy said:
I told him that, my brother said that shit's engraved
:lol

Honestly it's his loss
beggars can't be choosers!

Quixzlizx

I'm too tired to read the thread to see whether this has been posted, and it may not be a BF price, but Lunar PSP Limited Edition is only $18.

Noshino

How likely is for Amazon to do price matching for Crank in Time? Im too lazy to setup a Walmart acc, but 10 bucks for it brand new is insane :lol

LordK

If you want a free movie, add Superbad DVD from the lightning deal and use GRHORNET coupon code. (Amazon) :lol

Top Bottom