• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

LiK

UrbanRats said:
Regarding Bayonetta, there was a version, with the cover drawn by Adam Hughes, which one is it?

neither one if you're referring to the US version. never heard of that. :eek:

LordK

Instro said:
Yeah I saw that but Amazon will be matching that in a few hours, plus no tax and quicker shipping. Might as well wait. Looks like Amazon is doing GoW lightning deal later too, wonder what the price will be.

Looks like GoW 3 is gonna be 39.99.

LordK

Aselith said:
Does it work on the Blu-Ray?

Nope. But I think it drops the blu-ray down to 2 bucks. So if you care about the movie somewhat, 2 dollars sounds like a great deal anyways.

LiK

LordK said:
Nope. But I think it drops the blu-ray down to 2 bucks. So if you care about the movie somewhat, 2 dollars sounds like a great deal anyways.

dammit, i just ordered Superbad for $7.99 earlier today and it's shipping soon already. :(

_Bro

Banned
LordK said:
If you want a free movie, add Superbad DVD from the lightning deal and use GRHORNET coupon code. (Amazon) :lol
What else does the GRHORNET code work with? And can I reuse it?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
D23 said:
you need to add the item from the lighting deals page
Found out Firefox beta and Amazon's Lightning deal's script are not compatible, so I had to use Firefox 3 to view it.

thaOwner

Instro said:
So lets see so far Ive ordered:

LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV
PS3 Uncharted 2 bundle
Killzone 2
Resident Evil 5

Fixed for me.

Just looking to get Fifa 10 and both Ratchet Games and I will be set for a very long time. Not bad so far though

Blueblur1

I'm pretty sure Fable 3 is going to be one of the 9:15am EST/6:15pm PST deals.

Personally, I wanna snatch up GoW Collection. Not sure about the rest and I already have GoW 3.

Barrett2

Fuuuu.....

I have a hot pair of Asics in my Amazon cart last night, woke up and the price is up 50%

Edit: Oh snap, Modnation PS3 coming up as a Gold Box in a few hours.

Cronox

Banned
Xal-Shoota said:
AAAH! I finally got Infamous in my cart, but for some reason it says its "claimed!" , yet my cart is empty. Argh!

Happened to me too. You're screwed. Unless you know someone else who has or can make a different amazon account.

Rivithed

Here are the upcoming Lightning Deals for Black Friday, and their prices, from Amazon:
(As noted on: http://www.gamingbits.com/general-gaming-news-bits/black-friday-online-video-games-deals-available-now )

6:15 AM PST deals:
“Kratos is back”God of War III (PS3) for $34.99
“The origins of Kratos” God of War: Collection (PS3) for $10
“Try to halt the alien invasion” Killzone 2 (PS3) for $10
“Welcome to Vegas, New Vegas.” Fallout: New Vegas for $39.99
“Will you be good or evil?” Infamous (PS3) for $10
“Don’t get in John Marston’s way” Red Dead Redemption for $29
“Begin your video game experience with this console bundle” Xbox 360 4GB system with $60 GiftCard for $199.99

8:15 AM PST deal:
“The Original Motion Gaming System” Wii Hardware bundle for $169

11:00 AM PST deal:
“The perennial wrestling franchise back in 2011″ WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for $29.99

12:15 PM PST deals:
“Top First Person Shooter of All Time?” Halo Reach for $29.99
“Get ready to race and chase” Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for $35
“Get up and dance (again.)” Just Dance 2 for $29
“Prevent the return of Cragmites” Ratchet & Clank Future (PS3) for $10
“Show off your moves without a controller” Dance Central (Xbox 360 Kinect) for $39.99
“What is one of the most popular game show games?” Jeopardy at $14.99
“No toy gets left behind” Toy Story 3: The Video Game for $15
“Are you prepared for Karma powers?” Sims 3 for $34.99
“With this revolutionary device, your life as a couch potato is officially over.”Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board for $67
“You can buy a vowel on the Wii and DS” Wheel of Fortune for $15
“Explore the ocean blue – with a microphone!” Endless Ocean: Blue World for $12.99
“Kart Racing for the PS3″ ModNation Racers (PS3) for $25
‘This popular 2010 game is out of this world!” Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) for $35

6:15 PM PST deals:
“The old-school arcade classic is back” NBA JAM for $27
“Gooooal!” FIFA Soccer 11 for $34.99
“The latest installment of this classic video game football franchise” Madden NFL 11 for $29
“This is the world of mixed martial arts — are you ready to fight?” EA SPORTS MMA at $34.99
“Prepare to battle zombie mutants.” Left 4 Dead 2 for $9.99
“Feel the emotion of authentic college football.” NCAA Football 11 for $34.99
“The latest in the perennial wrestling franchise” WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for $29.99”
When you’re on the ice, anything can happen.” NHL 11 for $34.99

Rivithed said:
Here are the upcoming Lightning Deals for Black Friday, and their prices, from Amazon:
(As noted on: http://www.gamingbits.com/general-gaming-news-bits/black-friday-online-video-games-deals-available-now )

“Begin your video game experience with this console bundle” Xbox 360 4GB system with $60 GiftCard for $199.99

8:15 AM PST deal:
“The Original Motion Gaming System” Wii Hardware bundle for $169

11:00 AM PST deal:
“The perennial wrestling franchise back in 2011″ WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for $29.99

12:15 PM PST deals:
“Top First Person Shooter of All Time?” Halo Reach for $29.99
“Get ready to race and chase” Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for $35
“Get up and dance (again.)” Just Dance 2 for $29
“Prevent the return of Cragmites” Ratchet & Clank Future (PS3) for $10
“Show off your moves without a controller” Dance Central (Xbox 360 Kinect) for $39.99
“What is one of the most popular game show games?” Jeopardy at $14.99
“No toy gets left behind” Toy Story 3: The Video Game for $15
“Are you prepared for Karma powers?” Sims 3 for $34.99
“With this revolutionary device, your life as a couch potato is officially over.”Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board for $67
“You can buy a vowel on the Wii and DS” Wheel of Fortune for $15
“Explore the ocean blue – with a microphone!” Endless Ocean: Blue World for $12.99
“Kart Racing for the PS3″ ModNation Racers (PS3) for $25
‘This popular 2010 game is out of this world!” Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) for $35

6:15 PM PST deals:
“The old-school arcade classic is back” NBA JAM for $27
“Gooooal!” FIFA Soccer 11 for $34.99
“The latest installment of this classic video game football franchise” Madden NFL 11 for $29
“This is the world of mixed martial arts — are you ready to fight?” EA SPORTS MMA at $34.99
“Prepare to battle zombie mutants.” Left 4 Dead 2 for $9.99
“Feel the emotion of authentic college football.” NCAA Football 11 for $34.99
“The latest in the perennial wrestling franchise” WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for $29.99”
When you’re on the ice, anything can happen.” NHL 11 for $34.99

Stealing to add to OP. Thanks for your help! :D

cvxfreak

Van Owen said:
Haven't played GoW2 yet. The HD collection for $10 seems like a steal...

Just looked it up:

"Only 5 left in stock - order soon."

:lol Did they do this on purpose so they could have more at $10? I'm unfamiliar with the system...

Brashnir

Rivithed said:

to the bolded - are you sure? We already had those deals.

I could not get the lightning deal to work for me. It gave me their regular discount when I tried to get demon souls and infamous. I gave up on those, but I did pick up MAG.

Scott32020 said:
I don't see that...

Also when I got on the waitlist for Infamous, Amazon said I had a good chance to get it. How long should I expect to wait (I think I was around 150 in-line)

Wow, died already. It was $10 when I posted.

I'd wait until it tells you otherwise if you have time. It will tell you when it sells out completely if you're waiting. 150 is pretty damn short so you should get it most likely.

anddo0

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wow, died already. It was $10 when I posted.

I saw it for $10 upon reading your post.. Almost bit, but not really into online gaming.

Is Killzone 2 going to be $10 again? I thought that was over.

anddo0 said:
I saw it for $10 upon reading your post.. Almost bit, but not really into online gaming.

Is Killzone 2 going to be $10 again? I thought that was over.

Doubtful, I stole from the other poster but some seem wrong. I think I'm going back to not displaying anything until amazon actually announces it.

Edit: Deleted game name until they're announced since some of them seem like guesses and possibly incorrect.

cvxfreak said:
Just looked it up:

"Only 5 left in stock - order soon."

:lol Did they do this on purpose so they could have more at $10? I'm unfamiliar with the system...
That's from a different seller, not Amazon itself I believe.

Brashnir said:
it was at 100% like 5 hours ago....

No, if you do the drop down to pick your option only the 360 version is at 100% where as the PS3 version is at 89%.

friskykillface said:
you just caused me to spend more at amazon :lol

thanks for the heads up on need for speed shift

I really want shift but I'd prefer it for my PC. :/ I'm torn.

Top Bottom