• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

see5harp

Why the hell did the PS3 version sell so damn fast? I was going to buy for my brother and he's one of those casual gamer PS3 guys. O well, one more present for me .

Whelp they made more NBA 2k11 available for PS3 and I snagged it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I'll put it here. Gogamer has some ridiculous deals right now.

I mean, damn.

Dead Rising 2 (PC) - $19.90
Two Worlds (PC) - $0.90 (can you just patch this up to the latest version or do you have to buy the Epic edition?)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)- $9.90
Just Cause 2 (PC) - $9.90
Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii) - $14.90
Napoleon: Total War (PC) - $9.90
Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC) - $9.90

Going to wait an hour for the next Steam sale, then probably jump on some of these.

is 3D Dot Game Heroes a worthwhile purchase? going back and forth on this one. already spent a small fortune the past few days on games...just trying to figure out if i should grab this.

Forkball

Civ V is up on Amazon for $30. I'll wait to see if today's Steam sale has it for the same price. Fat chance, but either way I win.

Davey Cakes

I feel like kicking myself. Bought Layton 3 last week. Did not predict Amazon would have such a great deal on it.

If WarioWare: DIY drops below the $16 I paid for it, I'm going to be pissed about that too.

Htown said:
Don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I'll put it here. Gogamer has some ridiculous deals right now.

I mean, damn.

Dead Rising 2 (PC) - $19.90
Two Worlds (PC) - $0.90 (can you just patch this up to the latest version or do you have to buy the Epic edition?)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)- $9.90
Just Cause 2 (PC) - $9.90
Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii) - $14.90
Napoleon: Total War (PC) - $9.90
Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC) - $9.90

Going to wait an hour for the next Steam sale, then probably jump on some of these.
I hope Steam matches that in a few minutes.

gcubed

i JUST ordered 3D DGH the other day. Its not open yet, i wonder if i can order it at the cheaper price and return the other one ?

Guevara

zoku88 said:
#49 for the waitlist for dot heroes.

I've never been on a waitlist before, how do they actually alert you?

How did you find out your number? Hate doing this at work, I had to go to a meeting

Forkball

Got Civ V for $30. Thank god this game is Steamworks. Now time to peruse other sales. Poor FF Four Guardians of Light, already half price after about two months.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Got mass effect 2 for 10 bucks. I beat it on a gamefly rental but i figured it was worth it for the DLC i didnt get a chance to play.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I must admit I had the Game Heroes deal saved in my calendar. As soon as it popped up I jumped to Amazon and bought it. Man did it sell out fast :lol :lol Also bought Uncharted 1 to add to my collection =P

bluemax

Banned
tehfryguy said:
Hey RED DEAD REDEMPTION is 30 bucks again on amazon

They also price matched Borderlands GOTY for 30
Looks like it went up to $50. Fml for waiting for ME2 so I could order both at once.

zoku88

According to twitter, apparently Layton and the Curious Village isn't going to be on sale >_<

Why would they only discount the latter two >_<

Elixist

in 10 minutes they have a Ninty game goin up with the description of "one of nintendos greatest chars" or somethin like that. Hope its Kirby for thirty want to grab that. Also I believe SSF4 is goin up in 5 hours, but its already 20 dollars so I hope its 10. Probly be 15 tho grabbin it either way.

Edit: WTF its Nintendogs wow lame

Forkball

Yeah the one about "one of Nintendo's greatest characters" is pretty interesting. It will probably turn out to be something lame like Starfy.

[edit] Also it blows my mind how expensive the Layton games still are. All of them are $30 without sales, you'd think they'd drop the first one to $20.

Got the second two Layton games even though I got stuck early on and frustrated with Curious Village. One of the matchstick puzzles wouldn't recognize my dog shape. :lol

Memles

Pretty sure the "Greatest Characters" were Pokemon.

Grabbed both Laytons (have the first) - seems they're likely already waitlisted. *Checks* 76 and 96. Get 'em while you still can!

Damn, I was really hoping that the "Nintendo Characters" hint would be Donkey Kong, Kirby or (fat chance) both. At least I finally got Unwound Future.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Elixist said:
in 10 minutes they have a Ninty game goin up with the description of "one of nintendos greatest chars" or somethin like that. Hope its Kirby for thirty want to grab that. Also I believe SSF4 is goin up in 5 hours, but its already 20 dollars so I hope its 10. Probly be 15 tho grabbin it either way.

Edit: WTF its Nintendogs wow lame
No, it was Pokemon. There were two that said "Nintendo's greatest characters." One was Soul Silver, the other was Heart Gold. The Nintendogs entry said something about "man's best friend on your DS."

We knew these already.

Erekiddo

Grabbed Mass Effect 2, and both Professor Layton. I love those games despite the fact they make me feel stupid.

Waiting on Uncharted 2 @ 7, and I'll be done.

Top Bottom