• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Bladenic

2 episodes in and it's the best this shit show has been since Season 2. That said, I'm not getting fooled so easily. It's a Ryan Murphy trash production in a trash series after all. Plus episode 2 already showed some symptoms of other AHS seasons, namely way too much shit. Can't they ever focus on ONE type of horror element? Couldn't stick with the colonists for more than one episode before introducing ghost nurses (assuming that's what they are).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Do they? I don't know, I haven't been following closely for awhile, but I thought the idea that the seasons were connected were something they only recently started talking about.

They started connecting them all the way back in the season premiere of Asylum - then of course there was the Freakshow episode with Pepper and Sister Mary Eunice from Asylum, the Hotel episode featuring Coven's Queenie, etc.

They started connecting them all the way back in the season premiere of Asylum - then of course there was the Freakshow episode with Pepper and Sister Mary Eunice from Asylum, the Hotel episode featuring Coven's Queenie, etc.

To be fair, the only real tangible connections were Freak Show and Hotel.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, the only real tangible connections were Freak Show and Hotel.

There's also the same property agent from Murder House who was in Hotel. With Pigman in this and Pepper in Freakshow, it at least means the seasons are all set in the sane universe.

Nemesis_

EW has dropped a bit of stuff:

Ryan Murphy has previously stated that all the seasons of American Horror Story are linked. “They’re all connected,” he told EW in October of 2014 when discussing Freak Show. “We’re just beginning to tell you how they’re connected. They’re all very separate but there’s clues every season that we’re now telling you how the different worlds are intertwined.”

That tradition continues in this phase of American Horror Story as well. Fans have wondered how Roanoke will tie to others, and we’ve already seen Piggy Man – a call back to Murder House (In episode 6 of that first season, guest-star Eric Stonestreet is haunted by that legend).

But that’s not all. EW can exclusively reveal that AHS: Roanoke is also directly tied
to Freak Show and,
more specifically,
to its immature psychopath Dandy Mott (Finn Wittrock). Viewers will get a piece of the Mott family origin story. Teases Murphy, “We explain how the Motts began which is funny.”

The Mott family are not the only blasts from the past.
Murphy says that there are many more AHS alums that will pop up on Roanoke. “Many, many, many that you have not seen in years that you have wanted to see,” he says.

also this is pretty big news I reckon but also something you guys have already picked

If you think you know American Horror Story: Roanoke, you don’t. The latest season of FX’s anthology series has now aired two episodes, focused on a supernatural reality series called My Roanoke Nightmare. Many fans have their theories about where this season is going. Well, AHS viewers, ready to have your mind blown in a few weeks.

“You’ll see starting in episode
, the show has a huge turn and the thing that you think you’re watching is not what you’re watching,” co-creator Ryan Murphy reveals to EW.

The plot of Roanoke was obviously the major secret that the AHS team had to protect, but they were also hiding this massive surprise. “Even though the subject matter has gotten out, it’s irrelevant because nobody gets what we’re doing,” says co-creator Brad Falchuk. “No matter what you think it is, it’s not that. Then,
episode 6
comes and you’re like, ‘Wait! What happened?’”

Adds Murphy, “It’s a hat on a hat on a hat on a hat that we’ve had to protect.”

While Murphy thinks the twist separates the season into two halves, Falchuk considers it
three unique stories.
He says,
“It’s like [episodes] 1-5, 6-9, and 10 is its own thing.”

Start your guessing engines, AHS conspiracy theorists.

and finally this but I doubt anything will come of it, lol.

American Horror Story: Roanoke has been cloaked in secrecy from the very beginning. But it turns out, it’s only one AHS surprise co-creator Ryan Murphy has up his sleeve.

Murphy tells EW in this week’s cover story that he’s been busy plotting a covert season of the FX hit. “It’s my secret season,” he says. “I’ve been working with a writer on a season that only he and I know. It’s like a 2-year project that we’ll continue to work on the sly and not tell anybody.”

Murphy says he isn’t sure when it will air — he already knows what he wants to do for AHS’s seventh season (it hasn’t officially been renewed). “I don’t know when it will [air] but it’s also an experiment. It’s a different way of doing it. It’s one person writing all episodes. I don’t know if it’s going to work but it’s like, well, let’s try that. We might get them done and shoot them on the sly and drop it.”

.JayZii

Banned
EW has dropped a bit of stuff:

also this is pretty big news I reckon but also something you guys have already picked

and finally this but I doubt anything will come of it, lol.
I feel like it would have been a good idea to not say the exact episode when the twist happens, lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So much for the whole "No one in the cast or crew is going to be doing any interviews until the entire season is over!" thing...

I can't believe that after so much secrecy Murphy would just go and reveal all of that in an interview. lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They always throw too much shit at the wall in this show.

The woodspeople are scary enough - but lets also have two demented nurses and a ghost in the basement.. because fuck it.

Enco

Interesting premise but I have low hopes.

The only good season was 2. Rest has been pure garbage.

LMAO at not leaving the house and LMAO at bringing the girl over though. That's enough to break the show. So dumb. Some of the dumbest shit I've seen in a while.

My wife and I are enjoying it vaguely but both are bothered by the sense that we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. More than any other season it just feels like we're waiting for a twist, and without it, we're unable to be wholly interested. So it's good at least to know not to expect it until the specific episode Murphy cites.

MrV4ltor

I wonder how many people didn't catch that this was Gaga lol

vEBswG5.gif

I'm thinking much like the Hotel and Murder House, Roanoke Island is haunted in the same way with people that have been killed there come back as ghosts. Curious how the villagers and the pigman tie into the whole plot. A number of the villagers are listed as main cast members so I imagine they will have a larger role in the show than we currently see. The author on the home cameras is also a main cast member so more of his tapes will likely appear throughout the season more than likely explaining all the other crazy things we've seen. A number of the promos hinted at a Children of the Corn- esque plotline; I wonder if it will tie somehow with what's going on with Flora and Priscilla.

Well so far I like this season a LOT more than the last 2. Hopefully it doesn't totally shit the bed. Had to stop reading that Ryan Murphy interview halfway through since he apparently can't keep his fucking mouth shut about all the twists and stuff they've kept under wraps for the past year, goddamn.

jesu

Squinting so I don't see any spoilers....

I'm waiting till this season is finished before deciding whether to watch it.
Lat years was garbage.

Sounding good so far though.

Zeusy

Well after today's spoilers, I'm actually sill interested in seeing what they do. Very interesting premise, I'll still be watching.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really didn't like the second episode. Felt like they were throwing every horror cliche at the wall to see what stuck. And they're really stretching themselves to come up with justifications for the characters doing dumb things. I actually think that so many dumb things happened that the show might have shown its hand.

My theory is that the documentary framing device is an unreliable narrator. What we're seeing is the story as they're telling it, but that doesn't mean that it's the truth. They might be lying to cover up a crime that occurred in the house that they were complicit in. Or maybe I'm over thinking it. Lol

Blue Lou

I've found it to be pretty boring so far (after two episodes).

I liked S1+S2 the most, the rest haven't been of the same standard.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
These descriptions are lame.

They might as well put proper descriptions now that Murphy has spilled a bunch of the season's secrets. Even something vague like "Matt, Shelby, and Lee continue to struggle against the forces that are pursuing them." would be better than nothing.

Toa TAK

Banned
They might as well put proper descriptions now that Murphy has spilled a bunch of the season's secrets. Even something vague like "Matt, Shelby, and Lee continue to struggle against the forces that are pursuing them." would be better than nothing.

Exactly. After the premiere it should've been out of the bag.

Unless they were trying to prevent spoilers for those who can see a couple weeks ahead on their guides.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Welp if it's Roanoke I won't be able to not think about 100Bullets and then get summarily disappointed in the show for not being as masterfully crafted.

Also from reading ya'lls reactions this sounds waaaaaayyyy too much like asylum for me. So many plot points and characters and ideas thrown into the stew that it just comes out like a gross sludge.

Utterly unpalatable. Someone hook up the gifs and images cause i'm fairly positive that's how i'll be digesting this season.

Top Bottom