• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Toa TAK

Banned
I learned it in Virginia. Though when you live there you end up getting major historical events across all those damn 13 Colonies.

manakel

I had high hopes for this season, but it's beginning to be just like the rest - starts out really good, and progressively gets worse and worse with each episode.

Yeah, not a great episode. Shelby also reached mass stupidity levels at the end as well.

Yeah you'd think she at least wait to hear Matt out with all the strange shit that's been going on. I like to think Gaga's character is just making her go crazy though, she obviously did something to Matt as well.

nillah

Banned
Still waiting for the home alone x Luigi's mansion set ups

alex-d-linz-ctl36472.jpg

I liked the episode though didn't think it was as strong as the first two.

1. Then back story was cool
2. They're fucked now that they went back on the deal

This season is 3/3 so far. I liked how this episode fleshed out the colonists' backstory instead of introducing yet another set of mysteries (like last week with the nurses). Seems to be pretty focused so far and not as scattershot as others are saying.

My question is how "everyone knows the story of Roanoke" but none of them recognize the word "Croatoan", which is one of the most famous parts of the story.

So, this episode arguably hit the sexual assault trope (or, well, magically coerced sex, anyway). At least they made it three episodes, I guess.

To be fair, that part isn't usually mentioned, at least not in the history textbooks I've seen

Huh, really? I can see history textbooks not mentioning it, but in the story that gets passed around, the bit about the single word carved in a tree is usually something I see highlighted prominently. Hm, oh well.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also from reading ya'lls reactions this sounds waaaaaayyyy too much like asylum for me. So many plot points and characters and ideas thrown into the stew that it just comes out like a gross sludge.

Er, no. 3 episodes in and it's literally the exact opposite of that. There are only 3 principal characters at this point and the story is pretty much laser focused on just one thing.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as they revealed she had a miscarriage, I knew they'd pull this shit.

EDIT: Aaaaand now I'm at that part of the episode. Okay. So I'm a bit wrong.

Maybe the show will pull a reverse Murder House and have Lady Gaga's ghost character be pregnant with a ghost baby this time.

Pollux

Speaking of, if these stories are all in the same universe, then isn't the Anti-Christ supposed to be running around?
They don't happen chronologically. And murder house might take place after this season if some theories are true.

Man people need to actually watch this season before they start this "too much going on" bullshit. Right now there's 3 main characters and two direct threats: the colonist ghosts and the nurses, who honestly could have just been used to set up why the house is haunted and may not even be an integral part of the show. We're on the third episode and they've only just added a fourth character and who knows how long he'll actually be around after this. The plot, as someone else said, is laser focused: it's about the family in this home and the weird things they're experiencing and now their little girl has been kidnapped. There is nothing anywhere near the level of plot threads from Asylum going on here.

Top Bottom