• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Not outside this time for the KC watch party. Managed to score an inside table. It's 100 decibels inside according to the meter. lol

See you all at halftime.

I believe that we will win!

For all that talk of Klinsmann and playing at the highest level the one field player we have playing at the EPL made a horrific play that cost us a needless goal.

I love Cameron and he deserves his spot. That was just my name impression as the first half rolled on after that goal.

NoRéN

Congratulations to Portugal. Playing and getting a draw while being so injury depleted was impressive. Anyone gonna make a gif and thread for Ronaldo's world class nutmeg around 2-3 US players?

I think for once I would agree with jamessinclair's use of the word thuggery. hated how the first half plan was take out ronaldo's leg. taking a page from HHH.

Donovan not being on the team has been the greatest thing for Dempsey. i guess not having to play in his shadow has really given him the freedom to step it up in the limelight. Good for him.

Jones is finally playing like the great player everyone said he was when he first started playing for USA. That goal was phenomenal.

Johnson was fantastic today.

Bradley choking on the grand stage.

Still, 1st place finish still possible.

Meier

The second he gave away the ball I knew they'd make us pay. I don't understand how he could have done that. The second you get the ball fucking blast it. Unreal. I'm just so disappointed.

shame about the goal at the end. Also shame about people calling about Bradley's head .
Why is it a shame? He was fucking godawful in the first game and directly responsible for our loss in the 2nd game. His head is being called for because he deserves it.

NoRéN

Hey daoster, how do we make sense of this shit now?

Germany destroys Portugal
USA beats Ghana
Ghana ties Germany
Portugal ties USA

USA and Germany destroy each other? 4-4 everyone wins!

lush

That was brutal. We looked good, shame about the freebie to start the match. Take the point and bring it thursday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;117782459 said:

USA beats Ghana
Ghana ties Germany
Portugal ties USA

I guess we bro it up with Germany and both go through, or hope Portugal wins and we don't get beat too bad.

It's always the fucking hard way with this team, goddamn.

Oozer3993

I guess we bro it up with Germany and both go through, or hope Portugal wins and we don't get beat too bad.

We have to at least draw Germany. Ghana is gonna annihilate Portugal. Jurgen needs to call on every favor he has with his German compatriots.

NoRéN

Reminds me of 2002. I couldn't believe US beat portugal. I was freaking the fuck out thinking the worst was over. Then, the rest of the group happened.

daoster

NoRéN;117782459 said:

USA beats Ghana
Ghana ties Germany
Portugal ties USA

I'm down with this.

Also, Chandler should have came in for Beasley... Definitely in the injury time moment just to kill time.

Nesotenso

my thoughts:

leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Hate seeing people who don't watch the game much calling for Bradley to be benched. I thought out of the players, Zusi and Bedoya were the most ineffective though Zusi had one good moment. Cameron had one bad moment.
Besler is a stud.

Why is it a shame? He was fucking godawful in the first game and directly responsible for our loss in the 2nd game. His head is being called for because he deserves it.

calling for him to benched is a fucking overreaction.
Fuck Bradley
Buy him a plane ticket to anywhere outside of Brazil

this kind of shit makes it hard to be patient with band wagoners.

i hate these idiots calling for Bradley's head...sure get rid of our best player.

also OMG

6A7.jpg

Not for nothing, when you see the replay, Beckerman was there too and the ball bounced off Bradley towards him. If anything, he could've blasted it down the field.

Meier

calling for him to benched is a fucking overreaction.
I don't think we have a player better than him at his position, so I don't think we can bench him. But he's earned any and all shit he has coming to him. Just like in the first game when he didn't take it to the corner -- he lost his fucking head with the game on the line. It's just completely inexcusable.

RELAYER

Banned
this kind of shit makes it hard to be patient with band wagoners.

What are you, the guy's mom?

He's playing like dog shit and he fucks up practically every chance he gets. Wouldn't surprise me if he was some kind of secret double agent or something. For fuck's sake.

woodchuck

I'm still in shock and emotionally drained. Bradley was gassed by the end of the game. There's no excuses for his play in the second half but I wish klinsmann had put fresh legs in the center of midfield

Nesotenso

What are you, the guy's mom?

He's playing like dog shit and he fucks up practically every chance he gets. Wouldn't surprise me if he was some kind of secret double agent or something. For fuck's sake.

we don't have a replacement for our most important player. Again for fuck's sake who replaces Bradley? I thought some of his over the top balls this game were great. One bad giveaway and you are going to exile him from the team?

How much do you watch this team?

Heretic

I'm still in shock and emotionally drained. Bradley was gassed by the end of the game. There's no excuses for his play in the second half but I wish klinsmann had put fresh legs in the center of midfield

Who does he put though that would instill confidence in the middle?

Playing him would be disastrous. Like Belgium with Vermaelen today. Just a waste of a sub. He'll come off early if he plays.

They did say he's making good progress. By Thursday, he might be okay but they'd have to be super confident in that. Wouldn't want them putting him in only for him to reaggravate it.

Mully

What's with the Bradley hate?

He got unlucky on one chance. Besides that, he was the motor of the midfield tonight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's with the Bradley hate?

He got unlucky on one chance. Besides that, he was the motor of the midfield tonight.

People only remember you if you're flashy and score goals. He had a pretty good game, other than that give away. He's not the only one who deserves blame in that last goal, Beasley should have decked Ronaldo and if anyone other than Ronaldo had made that cross it would have missed and we'd have won. It wasn't like one mistake led to the goal, it was a perfect storm.

Also I just want to say how fitting Clint Dempsey scoring with his dick is.

They did say he's making good progress. By Thursday, he might be okay but they'd have to be super confident in that. Wouldn't want them putting him in only for him to reaggravate it.

Thursday might be too soon, I think we'll definitely see him again if we make it out of the group though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom