• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Orlando Sentinel: MLS commissioner Don Garber says league, players hope to avoid work stoppage
Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber says he hopes the league and players will agree to a new collective bargaining agreement, avoiding a strike.

“There is no doubt that neither the players, as they’ve told us, nor ownership, is interested in a work stoppage,” Garber said while visiting Orlando Thursday to promote Orlando City’s efforts to fill the Citrus Bowl for its March 8 MLS opener.

“We’ll get help from federal mediation if that’s necessary and we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to solve our differences.”

After helping officially launch Orlando City’s “Fill the Bowl” campaign, Garber discussed a variety of issues facing the league and the Lions with the Orlando Sentinel.

Dude is being intentionally obtuse. Most MLS players are taking longer breaks than European players and playing lighter schedules.

He should send his players to Brazil then

Between a regular season, FA cup, state championships and continental tournaments, Brazilian players get like two weeks off

Nesotenso

One word used to describe Garber's reaction is an odd thing to focus on given everything else in that article....

Because Don Garber's hurt feelings tend to be brought up again and again and that is what I hate.

He should send his players to Brazil then

Between a regular season, FA cup, state championships and continental tournaments, Brazilian players get like two weeks off

No need to take drastic steps. Ensuring that half the league doesn't take November off would be a start.

Meier

One word used to describe Garber's reaction is an odd thing to focus on given everything else in that article....
It's a little hard to take it seriously to be honest. Just preaching to the choir of people who visit that site..a subset. If the viewpoint was from an impartial "observer" like James Ducker or Barnie Ronay or even Gabe Marcotti, then it might be worth giving it serious thought. Anyone who can say Garber's reaction was justified is clearly far from impartial and frankly I just don't respect their opinion as a journalist.

Askani

SKC Kit leak:
BBUxDn1.jpg
YxR9Yp5.jpg
SDGPPWv.jpg

Matches their kit event invite:

EDIT :::::

Ben Jata says stuff is coming from here: http://www.fanatics.com/ I see the new Timbers Jersey there and the BMO-less Toronto one, and the blue gradient Whitecaps jersey...etc.

Askani

is that the third one?

I think this might be the new Primary. The Banded shirt was last year at the Takeoff event thing before the season so it's definitely the Argyle or Primary up for a refresh. They are both two years old. They introduced the third kit in like April of '13. Having an event before season leads me to think it's the new Primary since the Argyle didn't have it's own event and came in after the season started.

I like it, classy

I didn't at first but it's growing on me. It's really going to depend on what shorts and socks they pair with it.

Nesotenso

Livescore tells me Danny Williams scored a goal. Notice him often in Reading's lineup. Unfortunately doesn't look like they have serious shot at promotion.

So i went to Orlando City's open practice today. There were tons of people there upwards of 5-6,000. Pretty pumped gor march 8th. Father got a bunch of autographs too, including kaká. Ill upload some pics later.

Oozer3993

That was a "burn the tape" game for the US women. Pretty much every one played much worse than they're capable of. There's nothing to learn from it (except that Carli Lloyd shouldn't play on the wing). Just forget the game ever happened and move on. Good to see Alex Morgan playing again though.

xbhaskarx

ffs start Nguyen already

Nah start a guy who isn't the best player on his NASL team.

But seriously, for all the talk of attacking soccer, Klinsmann dumped Donovan, barely gave Feilhaber a chance, and has played Nguyen (who should've been called in prior to the World Cup) for like 60 minutes total, all as a late game substutute.

xbhaskarx

Again with Jones in the back?

Just fuckin' put a new CB in already. It's not like Jones will be starting in Russia.

Jones is Klinsmann's buddy. I really think both of them believe (for the moment) that he WILL be a starting CB in Russia. See all their quotes about Jones moving to CB to extend his career, the chances he's being given ahead of young guys like Hedges, O'Neil, Birnbaum, etc.

Also, again with Brek Shea.

Did any US players look more exhausted than Shea and Jones in the previous game? Shea looked done by the half and Jones by the 60th minute. Klinsmann uses fitness as an excuse for the loss and then starts his pet projects once again... don't question it though, his soccer brain just works on a level us unsophisticated American plebians can't comprehend!

xbhaskarx

Healy on ESPN just now: "Klinsmann mentioning the lack of fullback options."

Are we being fucked with? Is this all just an elaborate prank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom