• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Hey guys!

New to soccer. Brazil was the first world cup I ever properly watched and now want to get into soccer. Can't deal with the time difference for European soccer though.

Can you help me pick a MLS team. I've heard that Lampard guy is good.

Kikarian

Didn't know there was a place specifically for soccer, cool!

My favourite team is LA Galaxy because my favourite chocolate is Galaxy.

I've found a new home on GAF.

Hixx

I support Toronto. Best club in America. They have Jozy Altidore and cheesy chips with a funny name.

JozyAltidore_DCU2.jpg

What a guy.

bjaelke

I'm actually an Orlando City SC fan first and foremost! Hometown club, baby! Going juanpablo on everyone's ass. Definitely pulling for NYC as a secondary team though.

We'll happily take on Orlando next time. The Danish league is famously known as the European MLS, so we have plenty of experience playing similar teams.

TeegsD

I can't believe the reasons for some of those bans, absolutely ridiculous. Its like Al Capone getting away with murdering and then going to prison for tax evasion. But Footy-GAF went through the same kind of metamorphosis a few years ago so I guess it was about due.

Meanwhile, I get to be in Seattle for the St.Pattys Day...downside is that the Sounders play at home the Saturday before ;.;

LTWheels

I can't believe the reasons for some of those bans, absolutely ridiculous. Its like Al Capone getting away with murdering and then going to prison for tax evasion. But Footy-GAF went through the same kind of metamorphosis a few years ago so I guess it was about due.

Meanwhile, I get to be in Seattle for the St.Pattys Day...downside is that the Sounders play at home the Saturday before ;.;

What the hell did you guys do in the footy thread?

The Order has more victims than just review scores.

Hi guys!

:p

Actually relevant question: will there be room in LA Galaxy's schedule to play a friendly against Liverpool at Anfield after Gerrard joins them? We need a proper chance to say goodbye to him, and our last match/es of the season aren't at home.

TeegsD

Hi guys!

Actually relevant question: will there be room in LA Galaxy's schedule to play a friendly against Liverpool at Anfield after Gerrard joins them? We need a proper chance to say goodbye to him, and our last match/es of the season aren't at home.

Teegs pls, you'll get this thread locked as well. Let's not drag our detritus into this thread as well, plenty of posters in this thread have little to do with the Football thread .

I dont know what you're talking about...

<.< ... >.>

In all seriousness, I think we should take our leave unless you're actually interested in the American soccer scene. No point risking getting banned, or worse getting this thread locked by proxy.

I would like an answer to that question though :)

KidJr

Careful, not allowed to discuss moderating decisions

TeegsD

In all seriousness, I think we should take our leave unless you're actually interested in the American soccer scene. No point risking getting banned, or worse getting this thread locked by proxy.

I would like an answer to that question though :)

I'm not sure, season still goes on in the summer but maybe there is a chance then?

Careful, not allowed to discuss moderating decisions

That ones already been quoted so "you live by the sword, die by the sword" yadda yadda but yeah, mums the word from now on.

Hi guys!

They probably have a bye week but I don't know for sure. All the schedules are up

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
tim howard is as american as can be right
everton are doing pretty good

Askani

Move along

Also, root for Sporting as we take down the Europa League!!!
hopefully

I can't say root because that's too strong, but I do follow them because of Uri Rosell. He was a really great midfielder for us and I want him to do well. I'm sad he doesn't make a lot of regular minutes on the main team.

TeegsD

I can't say root because that's too strong, but I do follow them because of Uri Rosell. He was a really great midfielder for us and I want him to do well. I'm sad he doesn't make a lot of regular minutes on the main team.

He's beginning to be featured more which is good because I was really excited when we picked him up!

Also, I had a plan to just create community threads for specifics leagues and cups but looks like THATS out the window too. Are group PMs a thing?

Slizz

Fucking morons in the Footy thread. The cycle continued.

Anyways, Beckham AGAIN has proposed a new stadium site to the City of Miami, which is probably going to get shut down.

Annoyed at it all because the spot the city is willing to give is right next to Marlins stadium which would be a decent place since you can easily access it via public transportation. Becks problem with it probably is the area surrounding it isn't the lavish Miami, SoBe lifestyle he wants for the club.

Slizz

Looking forward to seeing my all-time favourite italian player, Sebastian Giovinco, rip it up for Toronto.

If it was any other team I think he would actually be a huge threat. Problem is 2 months into playing for Toronto he's gonna wanna get Defoe outta there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom