• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Bieler elbowed in the head off the ball, then two arm wrapped up on the restart, and gets a foul called on him. Amazing.

Askani

Glad to see we've finally got a goal and the lead. Colorado has had their chances and it's been anyone's game so far.

Great pass from Zizzo to get the ball to Zusi.

Askani

SKC got the deserved win. First penalty awarded to the Rapids was the wrong decision.

For as sloppy as we looked at different points in the game, we definitely had some shining moments. All of our goals looked good. Dom got good placement on the defender and powered that goal in. Feilhaber's goal showed that we don't quit. Zusi's goal was two fantastically placed long passes in traffic.

I was hoping to pull back and level but I'm so happy the team didn't settle for that and kept pushing for all three points.

And I can't stop talking about Feilhaber recently. The pickup in his game is phenomenal. He's a true box to box player now and constantly intercepts passes and players and makes chances. I think it was his long pass to Zizzo that set up the Zusi goal. He looked bad on the PK but he more than made up for it with his all around play. He's probably my favorite SKC player right now.

Nesotenso

For as sloppy as we looked at different points in the game, we definitely had some shining moments. All of our goals looked good. Dom got good placement on the defender and powered that goal in. Feilhaber's goal showed that we don't quit. Zusi's goal was two fantastically placed long passes in traffic.

I was hoping to pull back and level but I'm so happy the team didn't settle for that and kept pushing for all three points.

And I can't stop talking about Feilhaber recently. The pickup in his game is phenomenal. He's a true box to box player now and constantly intercepts passes and players and makes chances. I think it was his long pass to Zizzo that set up the Zusi goal. He looked bad on the PK but he more than made up for it with his all around play. He's probably my favorite SKC player right now.

would have been mad if we lost today. I know people are saying that Benny has an outside chance to make it to Brazil. His play is much improved this season. I still have questions about his consistency if he makes it to Brazil but he is doing well.

Dartastic

So you'll give someone a yellow for over celebrating but not card someone for hacking Nagbe, or basically kicking someone in the face. Okay, MLS Refs. You fucking suck so much.

Dartastic

Apparently the red against Michael Harrington was because he pulled a jersey. Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME.

MLS REFEREES ARE SO TERRIBLE.

Hieberrr

We played such a terrible game against RSL today. We looked absolutely lost out there today both defensively and offensive. Hopefully, we can bounce back from this next week.

One thing that was made really evident tonight was that we have no depth, and our counter-attacking style of play doesn't work too well.

Defoe left with what could potentially be a hamstring injury as well.

Not the best night. But I will give credit where it's due -- RSL is a great team.

Nesotenso

Toronto needs to keep more possession. Still not sure Ryan Nelsen is the man for the job.

Anyone catch what was said during the JK halftime interview?

Hieberrr

Toronto needs to keep more possession. Still not sure Ryan Nelsen is the man for the job.

Anyone catch what was said during the JK halftime interview?

Something about how they weren't concentrating and that they need to start. It wasn't anything too important nor insightful (you know how Nelsen addresses the media).

Nesotenso

Something about how they weren't concentrating and that they need to start. It wasn't anything too important nor insightful (you know how Nelsen addresses the media).

I was talking about Klinsmann not Nelsen. Klinsmann was at Rio Tinto today and the local broadcasters were about to interview at halftime.

pslong009

Neo Member
This apparently describes the double reds thrown. Good job MLS. Your referees are a fucking joke.

https://vine.co/v/Me7ZX7Q9xYr

That's pretty clearly not the incident that led to the double reds. If you have MLS Live, you'll see the AR a couple seconds later and he's not signaling anything. You then see the two players start to come together 10 seconds later, but you can't really see what happens because the camera is moving towards the other end of the field.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Peguy. :)

They looked like shit the first half. Second half, a complete 180. Kennedy was incredible though.

Eckersley, time to ride the pine. MOAR KIMURA.

Yeah, it's time for Eck to hit the bench. He looked terrible in the Rapids game and I'm tired of him giving up penalties.

Bofo's hair nearly blinded me.

Hieberrr

Peguy. :)

They looked like shit the first half. Second half, a complete 180. Kennedy was incredible though.

Eckersley, time to ride the pine. MOAR KIMURA.
Now do people understand why I hated him so much? Dude works hard, but is still terrible. He's overly aggressive and makes terrible decisions.

On another note, what a finish by New York. I feel bad for Chivas though, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Now do people understand why I hated him so much? Dude works hard, but is still terrible. He's overly aggressive and makes terrible decisions.

On another note, what a finish by New York. I feel bad for Chivas though, lol.

I'm more shocked it took New York so long to get that goal. I was in the stadium and it was like every time the ball went near the goal everyone was on their feet.

There was also what looked like a disallowed goal, what was up with that? It went in and wasn't counted, they didn't really say anything over the loudspeakers so what happened with that one?

Looks like they won 3-0
Cool tifo, too:

3lRL0Lo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom