• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
1416530385-18fz1zxxbtovqjpg.jpg

Meier

The tap has been opened. They'll score another 1-2. :(

Didn't realize Stocker wasn't at Basel any longer. He's JAB's teammate now at Hertha.. figures.

As much as a late goal is par for the course for this team, Jozy getting that red card definitely has a bit to do with that this time (at least I'm telling myself that to make me feel better)

Overall I'm pretty good with what I saw. Much better than the dumpster fire that was put out on the field against Denmark.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Congrats on your win guys...even if you tied. But damn jozy tho....lol...dudes short tempered nowadays..

xbhaskarx

When we play like crap and lose and people dismiss it as "just a friendly" it's a bit infuriating. When the team outplays the Swiss on the road for 60 minutes until going down to ten men, who cares about the final score...

And as far as the red card is concerned, that was Jozy's first and he got it for swearing, it's not like there's some pattern.

Mully

US possessed the ball for only 37% of the game. We need to start stringing together consistent passes. We're great on counters right now, but for us to be a force, we need to win possession.

nBNE6DZ.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why has usa only scheduled European friendlies in advance of a CONCACAF tournament?

The Mexico schedule seems to make note training sense, no?

What's the point in beating Panama for the millionth time? Better competition, a chance to check out the European based players, I'm not seeing a downside here. It just makes more sense for us to go to Europe than to stay in our own backyard.

What's the point in beating Panama for the millionth time? Better competition, a chance to check out the European based players, I'm not seeing a downside here. It just makes more sense for us to go to Europe than to stay in our own backyard.

How does playing Switzerland help you when you're not guaranteed to ever play then again in a tournament, but the gold cup is every two years and special Copa America is next year?

Why not schedule Brazil or Argentina?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How does playing Switzerland help you when you're not guaranteed to ever play then again in a tournament, but the gold cup is every two years and special Copa America is next year?

Why not schedule Brazil or Argentina?

It's like you skipped over the part of my post saying it's an easy way to try out European based players against decent opponents on purpose.

It's like you skipped over the part of my post saying it's an easy way to try out European based players against decent opponents on purpose.

I don't see catching a flight as an obstacle.

Further, with a team like Brazil, most of their players are in Europe too. Usa vs Brazil in London would sell well.

What was great about the US goal today wasn't the actual free kick but the possession buildup that led up to the free kick. When you have possession good things can happen, which is why I don't think we should resign ourselves to just being an counter-attacking team.

Jozy issued an apology about the red card. Bedoya also noted that the referee had warned Altidore at HT about his language.

Expected goals (xG) map for US-Switzerland:

Full game:
7mnwv77.png

Michael Caley said:
Everything changed with the red card:
0.4 - 0.9 at full strength
1.4 - 0.0 after Jozy

Before red card:
rYTbrG7.png

After red card:
bbnWBkU.png

Askani

Is this for real? This can't be for real...right? Right?!

Backheel ‏@Backheeldotcom 39m
.@davisjsn on @SoccerMorning: NYY have informed NYCFC they can't guarantee stadium past September & instructed them to find a new '16 (1/2)

venue for home games due to concerns over field condition & fan behavior. Exploring possibility of RBA as alternate venue (2/2)​

EDIT :::::

Crap...did I fall for April's Fools? I have no idea.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Is this for real? This can't be for real...right? Right?!

.@davisjsn on @SoccerMorning: NYY have informed NYCFC they can't guarantee stadium past September & instructed them to find a new '16 (1/2)

venue for home games due to concerns over field condition & fan behavior. Exploring possibility of RBA as alternate venue (2/2)​

EDIT :::::

Crap...did I fall for April's Fools? I have no idea.

Pablo Maurer
‏@MLSist

@pnaegelySTS @Backheeldotcom legit, have heard same thing. @davisjsn
7:32 AM - 1 Apr 2015

I don't know what to believe. I really hate when news breaks on April Fools'

If this is true, then wow.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The more I think about it, the more it feels fake. They'd rather go to Westchester than play at RBA. RBA is the nuclear option if they were forced to move.

Askani

The more I think about it, the more it feels fake. They'd rather go to Westchester than play at RBA. RBA is the nuclear option if they were forced to move.

Yeah. I hate this day.

The question is do I hate it because people are idiots or do I hate it because I fall for stuff? Probably both.

Mully

They'll play at the Meadowlands before they even think about RBA.

There's no other place they can go unless NYC goes to Citi Field with their change purse begging.

The most marketable thing going for NYCFC is their location. If they have to leave the 5 boroughs for the Meadowlands, Stony Brook, or Hofstra, they're fucked.

Dartastic

Pablo Maurer
‏@MLSist

@pnaegelySTS @Backheeldotcom legit, have heard same thing. @davisjsn
7:32 AM - 1 Apr 2015

I don't know what to believe. I really hate when news breaks on April Fools'

If this is true, then wow.
Yeap. If true then wow indeed. It's pretty hilarious though if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom