• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Physically tired too. But Heath still refused to use our third sub -- hasn't done it in a single game. Fucking infuriating.

xbhaskarx

Silva goal
AntiqueEcstaticFirefly.gif

Dartastic

Nagbe, Dallas killer, plz. I'll be at Providence Park tomorrow, screaming like a madman.
Is Ricketts cursed or is he just a mediocre keeper?
Old. Has mediocre positioning, and makes up with it with overly athletic saves. Can't distribute the ball; prefers to just roll it out. Why do you think we got rid of him?

xbhaskarx

USAprospects @USAprospects

Ups to '96 #usynt and US U20 midfielder Junior Flores who made his pro debut today with BVB II. Should be lock for Ramos' U20 WC squad imo

8:00 AM - 4 Apr 2015

xbhaskarx

Klinsmann continuing to make friends with his bizarre decisions...

Bolton boss Neil Lennon has expressed his displeasure at the US national team's handling of defender Tim Ream during the recent FIFA international fixture dates.
The Wanderers manager made his comments prior to the club's 1-1 Saturday draw with Blackpool, slating Klinsmann for calling Ream away from the club for 10 days with just one minute of friendly action to show for it.

"I haven't spoken to Tim on the matter yet, but I'm not too sure you can treat players like that," Lennon told The Bolton News. "You bring them all that way, train for 10 days, and have two games, but get one minute – it's pretty poor.

"I understand the coach might want him integrated into the squad and doing a bit of training here and there, but if he's only going to play a minute of football, we'd much rather have him here where he can have some rest and train for a week with his club in preparation for what is an important two games this weekend."

And for the second time in the last six months Lennon also complained about receiving late notice for Ream's call-ups. The Bolton boss claimed it happened with Ream's November call-up ahead of a loss in Ireland, and Lennon again says that the club was given no advance notice before receiving the official release request on the day Klinsmann announced the his most recent USMNT selection on March 22.

"I've had this conversation before, he comes on with a minute to go against the Republic of Ireland when the team are already 4-1 down and what that achieves I don't know," continued Lennon.

"We don't discourage any player from going out and playing for his country. But if that's the way things are going to go, I'm not so sure."

xbhaskarx

Leeds United set for £60million Red Bull takeover with talks at an advanced stage

Red Bull are in advanced talks to buy Leeds United for £60million.

Sources claim the energy drinks giant hopes to get a deal over the line in “two to three weeks”. Red Bull has been eyeing the club for over a year.

High-ranking staff have visited Elland Road to sample the match-day atmosphere and held talks with currently suspended owner Massimo Cellino.

Mirror Sport understands there are now only a couple of hurdles left.

Red Bull, who already own clubs in Austria and Germany, want to be clear on how involved they can be with a third without breaching UEFA regulations.

There are suggestions they could sell one of their other clubs – Red Bull Salzburg or Red Bull Leipzig – in order to buy Leeds.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toronto needs to get it's shit together, they should be performing way better than they are right now. That game was just sad all around, TFC TFC'd harder than Chicago Chicago'd I guess.

xbhaskarx

Dillon Serna and Shane O'Neill both get January camp call ups yet are not starting for Colorado... I mean playing Bobby Burling and Jared Watts at CB over O'Neill that is just stupefying... how is he not even starting when Sjoberg is injured?

edit: nice play by Watts right after I post that lol

xbhaskarx

What a goal from Agudelo, the guy just makes special plays.

Hoping for a good Altidore - Zardes - Agudelo forward battle this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom