• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was shocked when I read this the other day but this article gave a good argument for why this might actually be a smart move:
http://www.twiceacosmo.com/2015/3/3...-be-pleased-that-haji-wright-chose-the-cosmos

Basically it says being in the NASL allows him to stay flexible with his future plans while also getting some good playing time. If he joined the Galaxy he probably would be playing in the USL anyway with Galaxy II for a season or two.

I hope this strategy works because if it does, it'll give young American players more options to break into the professional level without becoming indentured servants to the MLS.

ZZMitch

FIKgtrp.png

Mike Magee + Twitter is the stuff of legend

xbhaskarx

Isnt Portland one of the teams that gives very little playing time to their Homegrown Players?

Almost none, because they've produced almost none. At least they have a USL team now, though, so that should improve...
The bottom three as of a year ago were definitely Portland, Houston, and San Jose, although Houston will now go way up the rankings just because of Tyler Deric.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God, that's fugly. Why are we not allowed to have a good looking kit? Why couldn't we just have stuck with the kit we used at the last Gold Cup, that thing was awesome.

A late review of last week and a reminder to get this week's fantasy team in order. It was a bit of a downer weekend for MLS. The good news was teams decided to score a few goals but the bad part was I didn't know who half the people on the pitch were most of the games I watched. MLS has to get on the FIFA schedule now that the quality of their players has risen. I thought I had all my ducks in a row after reviewing injuries, suspensions and international duties; that was until Axel Sjoberg and David Villa were late scratches and left me in a bit of a lurch. I was lucky to hang on to second place but LanDawgDew gained some breathing room and the rest of the pack below got a lot closer. Big ups to Monster Hunter FC and London Tea Drinkers for the highest scores of the week with 65. I like the look of my club a lot more this weekend but it seems all my players on the road, still debating who to captain.

Soar Vultures Soar

1 same LanDawgDew
58 247
2 same KettleOfVultures
51 239
3 up Monster Hunter FC
65 235
4 down Meier's Manic Mancs
50 230
5 same Bendik like Accam FC
58 220
6 up Judas Coyle Clarets
57 218
7 up nesotenso 11
60 217
8 up Termina FC
58 216
9 down Petke's Sweaters II
49 215
10 down Bricksquad
42 203
11 down The Cannibal Club
44 201
12 up Teuton Raiders FC
63 199
13 up London Tea Drinkers
65 191
14 same Team ZZ
46 187
15 down Doop or Die!
42 183
16 down Arsenal
30 182
17 same San Diego FC
48 181
18 down Act FC
44 178
19 down brek bae
33 163
20 same Witty Team Name S.C.
31 158
21 down AIP FC
27 156
22 up Chicago Soccer Club
46 152
23 same Forks SC
35 150
24 down C.D. Brown Boys
24 144
25 same Feeling Froggy FC
29 136
26 same Dark Templar FC
45 136

xbhaskarx

Aah I just remembered to check my fantasy team, there are only like five minutes until the games start and my lineup is a disaster...

Meier

Wow that had to be a goal. Come on, guys!

Ribeiro out with a hamstring issue. Think I added him to my fantasy team too. :( Can't fathom why Rochez is having so much trouble getting minutes. Larin subbed in over him in the lone striker position.

Meier

Completely shocking stuff that we haven't scored. Hamid has made some great saves.

United almost scored the most incredible and flakey volley I've seen in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom