• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

If Colorado can't win today their winless streak will be at 18 games, which I believe would set the MLS record (I know that because San Jose narrowly avoided tying it with their win in Seattle a few weeks ago).

Cystm

Shuttleworth with a great save.

ibnt7CVo8rjaGd.png

xbhaskarx

It... depends on the goal?

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl 5 minutes ago

Colorado Rapids Watch: 555 minutes without a goal, 17 games without a win (could tie MLS record tonight). Down 1-0 at home to New England.

xbhaskarx

The ref missed a penalty but he also missed the handball that came before it so I'm not sure why Colorado is so upset by the end result... Mastroeni ejected.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl 3 minutes ago

One measure of Oscar Pareja as a coach is how well Dallas is playing. Another is what has happened to Colorado since he left.

Cystm

Colorado should accrue pity points every time they hit post.

5 times is good for 1 goal.

Tie in with Subway allows fans a free 6 inch.

Honestly I am not sure what any coach could do with the players Colorado is fielding. Marcelo is the stand out and that is just not good enough. They're a young club that only time can fix, but I think fans are just about done with that approach. The stadium was very barren.

Cannot say I would blame them for not bothering to show up given that tweet xb posted.

xbhaskarx

So that's two attendance records today, NASL and USWNT...

U.S. Soccer WNT @ussoccer_wnt

With 35,817 in attendance for today’s match, this is: The all-time largest crowd for a stand-alone #USWNT friendly match at home.

And...The third largest crowd for a Women’s National Team friendly match at home. The other two were double-headers.

And...The 12th largest crowd for ANY Women’s National Team match at home, which Includes all WWC and and Olympic matches played in the USA.

Esch

Banned
people have been buzzing about the match in town (STL) all week.Happy it did well, wasnt able to make it :(

give us MLS you wankers

xbhaskarx

Messi to NASL!

Ronaldo: I'd pay my own money to buy Messi

The legendary Brazilian would love to self-fund a transfer for the Barcelona forward to join Fort Lauderdale Strikers, who he currently plays for

Brazil legend Ronaldo claims he would splash his own cash to bring Lionel Messi from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

Ronaldo, who played for Barcelona and Real Madrid in his prime, recently became part-owner of second-tier US side Fort Lauderdale and revealed his ambition to lure Messi away from Camp Nou using his own money.

"I'd pay out of my own pocket to sign Messi," he told reporters at an event to launch the North American Soccer League (NASL) season, which the FL Strikers will take part in.

Messi is not the only global superstar on Ronaldo's wishlist, with the World Cup-winner also hoping his new club can someday convince his namesake Cristiano Ronaldo that the Florida club are worth leaving Real Madrid for.

"The sky is the limit for Strikers. This club will become great," he added. "Why not Messi? Why not Cristiano Ronaldo? In a few years' time we will be able to make it happen.

"Nothing is impossible. The US is the second-fastest growing country in the world in terms of football, after China. A lot of famous players will want to come and play in South Florida because of the quality of life. Who wouldn't want to live here?"

lol

Cystm

So that's two attendance records today, NASL and USWNT...

U.S. Soccer WNT @ussoccer_wnt

With 35,817 in attendance for today’s match, this is: The all-time largest crowd for a stand-alone #USWNT friendly match at home.

And...The third largest crowd for a Women’s National Team friendly match at home. The other two were double-headers.

And...The 12th largest crowd for ANY Women’s National Team match at home, which Includes all WWC and and Olympic matches played in the USA.

That's great. I love to see the support.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man this week is going to be brutal for my fantasy team, there's the by for both NY teams and other guys either aren't performing or aren't seeing playing time. I'll be lucky to stay in the top 10.

So far 4 Yellows and 1 Red. This game also hasn't been that rough as far as I can tell.

Yeah, ref is inserting himself way too much in the game.

It always blows my mind that DaMarcus Beasley is only 32. Dude played in the 2002 World Cup. 2002! I can't remember if he was in three or four WCs, but it's been a lot. Sorcery. I've always loved him, but he's clearly from the old guard better known for speed and athleticism than technical skill.

Meier

Dempsey played today I see. Classic get out of international duty hamstring injury.. so much for the extra few weeks the Jurgen haters were bandying about.

Dartastic

Dar out there losing his mind right now.

What a fucking save.

Really happy for you, Dar. Great win for you guys.
Yes. Yes indeed. It is pretty nice to see the boys bring us three points finally, especially against the top team in the league right now.
Video of the Porter vs Pareja incident at the end...

Inside MLS ‏@InsideMLS 3 minutes ago
Porter and Pareja exchange pleasantries after the final whistle. Porter points to the scoreboard. Generally an effective riposte. #MLS
Love this. Pareja shouldn't have tried to hand Porter a snotty tissue in his own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom