• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

SKC for 92 minutes:

iXoK4ntGhSSBs.png

SKC for last 2 minutes:

i15PQB0g4sKGn.png

Crazy game.

Weird and disappointing game for the Quakes against RSL today. The team didn't look great, but they generated enough chances that they should've scored at least one. There was a nice cutback, a header cleared off the line, a handball that went uncalled, Jahn's between the legs attempt that went wide, and a couple other near misses. RSL didn't do much aside from the break, but Morales' volley was enough to get the points.

Kinnear is still struggling to find the right mix of players with this team, and a lack of familiarity between the new guys is very obvious at times. They're going to have a tough time the next few games with all of the backline injuries. Stewart-Renato-Goodson-Wynne could be a solid MLS back four, but one they're forced into at the moment is brutal, particularly on the outside.

PS: Give Tommy Thompson some time out there.

Cystm

I am surprised that they could not convert anything at home after their performance against Seattle.

Perez Garcia was particularly disappointing as he showed some great play in his first few games and I loved his hustle against Seattle, but he was not a factor really. Admittedly I am also disappointed because I added him in to my squad.

I didn't know what happened in the game until Viz popped on FIFA and mentioned it. Ouch.

I called the result 20 mins into the game while watching the game with my dad. I said they would still find a way to lose in the 92nd minute and wasnt far off...

What sucks more than last night's result is still having 6 months worth of season tickets left that I feel guilted into continuing to show up at PPL Park every other week and watch this shitshow

Meier

What sucks more than last night's result is still having 6 months worth of season tickets left that I feel guilted into continuing to show up at PPL Park every other week and watch this shitshow

How far is the drive from your place? Hopefully it's not too bad of a commute at least...

Perez Garcia was particularly disappointing as he showed some great play in his first few games and I loved his hustle against Seattle, but he was not a factor really. Admittedly I am also disappointed because I added him in to my squad.
Kinnear needs to sort out the Perez Garcia - Emeghara - Wondo issues. They all seemingly want to occupy more or less the same spot on the field (underneath more of a target man), but obviously they can't all play there. Plus the Quakes don't really have an effective target man at the moment. Jahn seems useful as a late game sub, but I don't think he he should be starting.

Kinnear tried to drop Perez Garcia deeper yesterday, but he's not enough of a defender to play in a two-man midfield. Beckerman and his partner were doing whatever they wanted most of the game.

How far is the drive from your place? Hopefully it's not too bad of a commute at least...

About 25 mins. I usually go down with friends and fam so im not alone in my suffering, but like the majority of the fanbase they are losing interest as well. I used to live 5 mins from the park which was nice.

I didn't know what happened in the game until Viz popped on FIFA and mentioned it. Ouch.

Sad part is that was our best game of the season so far and we were playing with basically scraps and we still lost :\

just spend each game yelling at Sak and co. I know I will for the 4 games left I have. No more beer for me tho, I'll just bring my own in somehow.

No Neck Blanco was slow during his prime. By the time he made it to the MLS, he was a washed up fossil. His signing likely sold more than a few tickets, but the dude was bad.

He accomplished just as much in that video as Fake Ronaldo did, however.

Now now, youre letting selective memory get in your way.

He may have been old, but he did improve the quality of play at the Fire.

What that says about the Fire is up to you to interpret.

62 games and 16 goals isnt bad at all.

Also:

He was later voted as a finalist for both the M.V.P. and Newcomer of the Year awards in 2007.Blanco was the 2007 Sierra Mist Goal of the Year Winner which was his first season, goal came in week 20 against RSL.

On 24 July 2008 during the MLS All-Stars vs West Ham United, Blanco won the MVP of the game with one assist and one goal, a game in which he only played 46 minutes. The MLS All-stars won 3–2.

Cystm

No Neck Blanco was slow during his prime. By the time he made it to the MLS, he was a washed up fossil. His signing likely sold more than a few tickets, but the dude was bad.

He accomplished just as much in that video as Fake Ronaldo did, however.

The only appropriate response to your post.

I have nothing but love for him. He is one of the greatest athletes to play for Club América and El Tri. Not for technical skill, but for sheer tenacity.

Bask in the glory that is the Cuauhteminha.
iNbjfbNljIOzC.png

igK2C1RcgKdJZ.jpg

What that says about the Fire is up to you to interpret.

62 games and 16 goals isnt bad at all.

It speaks more poorly of the quality of MLS play at the time than anything else. And yes, the league has improved that much in that short of a time period.

I have nothing but love for him. He is one of the greatest athletes to play for Club América and El Tri. Not for technical skill, but for sheer tenacity.

He wasn't even as good as el Loco Abreu, and that should tell you something. I never saw Blanco pull off shit like this in a World Cup Quarter Final.

The balls on this guy.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit how was that not a red at the end
o well, LDA are out, so I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom