• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

What's the best way for me to get into MLS? I watch the occasional game when I realize it's on, but the TV schedule/channels seem so random, so I forget about the games a lot. I'm also in NY, but I don't really have any attachment to the Red Bulls.

I'm a soccer casual, but I do watch the EPL weekend games on NBC/NBCSP most weekends, and the USMNT when I know they are playing and they're on tv. I guess another problem is that even to someone like me, it's obvious that MLS is a lower level of play when compared with the EPL.

ZZMitch

Chris Tierney what a goal!! :D

Also very glad I added Kamara and Finley from The Crew on my Fantasy Team for that double week a while back they have been beasts.

ZZMitch

What's the best way for me to get into MLS? I watch the occasional game when I realize it's on, but the TV schedule/channels seem so random, so I forget about the games a lot. I'm also in NY, but I don't really have any attachment to the Red Bulls.

I'm a soccer casual, but I do watch the EPL weekend games on NBC/NBCSP most weekends, and the USMNT when I know they are playing and they're on tv. I guess another problem is that even to someone like me, it's obvious that MLS is a lower level of play when compared with the EPL.

In terms of schedule I'd download the MLS App on your phone. I don't watch European soccer often so I can't really comment on level or play or whatever but I can say I find MLS really entertaining. I love it because I enjoy following my local team. You don't get when watching Euro leagues! I'd recommend looking into NYRB or NYCFC (lucky you having 2 options) and forming a connection with one of them. You can even go to see them live sometime and check it out. You can also subscribe to MLS Live and watch games on your computer (local games might get blocked tho)

As I wrote this Aguedelo makes it 2-0 REVS!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You've got 2 choices when it comes to a home team, the Red Bulls are they better of the two by far right now but NYCFC have all the star power.

I have Finley, Kamara AND Meram on my team. GG guys.

I should have taken the transfer penalty points and done the same...

I want to se how the FO would react to this.

Actually fuck it. Lose every game here on out, maybe then Sak and Sugs can fuck right out of Philly.

Thet arent going anywhere as long as that stadium stays mostly filled each week, its pretty clear both are just in it for the money.

They wont be getting my season ticket dollars next year for the 1st time. Im pissed I got talked into renewing at the last minute this year, threw away $1200...

Thet arent going anywhere as long as that stadium stays mostly filled each week, its pretty clear both are just in it for the money.

They wont be getting my season ticket dollars next year for the 1st time. Im pissed I got talked into renewing at the last minute this year, threw away $1200...

Oh I know. Just wishful thinking.

Never forget
7mOLlza.jpg

Damn, these Crew/Union game is so one sided.

When does TFC play the Union? Maybe we'll have a legit chance at another win.

In a week.

Azuran

Banned
lol why am i still watching this

There there man. I know that feeling too well.

Someday is all going to payoff. Someday...

The emotional investment for a local team makes up for lower quality of play. Nothing beats going to an actual live game and sitting with fellow fans. Anyways, at the end of the day, you can easily watch more than one league and get the best of both worlds like most MLS fans do.

Quixzlizx

In terms of schedule I'd download the MLS App on your phone. I don't watch European soccer often so I can't really comment on level or play or whatever but I can say I find MLS really entertaining. I love it because I enjoy following my local team. You don't get when watching Euro leagues! I'd recommend looking into NYRB or NYCFC (lucky you having 2 options) and forming a connection with one of them. You can even go to see them live sometime and check it out. You can also subscribe to MLS Live and watch games on your computer (local games might get blocked tho)

As I wrote this Aguedelo makes it 2-0 REVS!!!

You've got 2 choices when it comes to a home team, the Red Bulls are they better of the two by far right now but NYCFC have all the star power.

The emotional investment for a local team makes up for lower quality of play. Nothing beats going to an actual live game and sitting with fellow fans. Anyways, at the end of the day, you can easily watch more than one league and get the best of both worlds like most MLS fans do.

I've looked up the TV schedule for both clubs, and it seems like they both have roughly 90% TV coverage when it comes to channels I get, so I guess I'll try a little harder to catch the games for both clubs and see what's up.

I'm on Long Island, so catching a game would require a significant time investment, lol. Maybe I can meet a friend in Manhattan and we can go from there.

Cystm

Columbus is loving the big win.

Crazy games so far.

The Revs have looked like fish out of water thus far. Jones comes back and suddenly they are looking more like sharks. Just like last year. The Revs looked so much more comfortable and confidant out on the pitch.

Granted that RSL did not have Rimando, sure. They should still have been able to prevent a 4 - 0 scoreline. The Revs just played that well.

The Houston v SKC game is looking to go the same way too.

Mully

I've looked up the TV schedule for both clubs, and it seems like they both have roughly 90% TV coverage when it comes to channels I get, so I guess I'll try a little harder to catch the games for both clubs and see what's up.

I'm on Long Island, so catching a game would require a significant time investment, lol. Maybe I can meet a friend in Manhattan and we can go from there.

I'm from Long Island. It's about an hour and a half commute to Red Bull Arena. You take the LIRR to Penn, and NJ Transit to Newark. It costs you about $35 for the commute plus a $25 ticket on Stub Hub.

Most games are broadcast on either MSG or Univision. Tomorrow's game will be on ESPN 2.

Honestly tomorrow's game might be the one to watch if I were you. The Red Bulls look great, and the Galaxy have a number of stars on their roster. It'll be an exciting game to witness.

ZZMitch

The end of this HOUvsSKC game is insane. Party because the ref is shit but still :p

Edit: holy shit that Benny goal! This game is amazing

Cystm

The end of this HOUvsSKC game is insane. Party because the ref is shit but still :p

Edit: holy shit that Benny goal! This game is amazing

Benny despite looking like an 80's coke head, has been killing it for them all season long.

4 - 4.

What a damn come back. This whole day has been amazing for soccer.

Edit:

Pedro Morales scores in the second minute.
iv0syKrtf1m6V.png

In Seattle. Should I try and find a screenshot of myself in the army tomorrow and share it?

Please do! I went to my first Timbers match a few weeks ago and had the best time I have ever had at a sporting event. I'll be watching the match tonight. :)

I'm trying to bring some of that great supporter culture home to Charlotte and our new team.

IND-Homepage-1.2.jpg

That is us before the first match. :)

Mully

Metro GAF roll call? I'll be at Boi Na at 3:30. Will walk over at 4:30. Section 101 Row 2. Will be wearing either a black Petke shirt or a red Grella Artois shirt.

Cystm

Please do! I went to my first Timbers match a few weeks ago and had the best time I have ever had at a sporting event. I'll be watching the match tonight. :)

I'm trying to bring some of that great supporter culture home to Charlotte and our new team.

IND-Homepage-1.2.jpg

That is us before the first match. :)

That's cool, man. Nice to see people coming together to support their local team.

iWlZCQR55rs4O.png

If Bush card stands, Impact keen on loaning in Sean Johnson from Chicago. Other options include Josh Saunders (NYCFC) Stefan Frei (SS) #IMFC

From @nicksabetti

Not sure if I'm cool with this. Imagine how bullshit this would be if the shoe was on the other foot. Find an unsigned keeper if you are going to bring someone in.

At the orlando city game. Hoping its better than last week.

Didn't expect to have been to all the games at this point.
Metro GAF roll call? I'll be at Boi Na at 3:30. Will walk over at 4:30. Section 101 Row 2. Will be wearing either a black Petke shirt or a red Grella Artois shirt.
Do gaffers get together for metro games?

I don't want to jinx it but I have a 3rd interview for a job up in NYC tomorrow and hoping to make it to a few games when I hopefully (fingers crossed) get the job (they paid for me to come up there last week and they still want to talk to me after interviewing me for 7 hours)

Cystm

Twellman is interviewing Petke during half time.

ickuWCffrfxlL.png

Edit: Dude is still hurting. So sad. I hope he can land something in MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom