• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Arsenal’s Zelalem nearing U.S. eligibility

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../02/arsenals-zelalem-nearing-u-s-eligibility/

The EU work permit thing:

It's happening....

rZG35Tr.gif

Nesotenso

As a fellow Vietnamese American, I'm disappointed that he hasn't had even a sniff at the national team since Copa 07.

seeing anyone of East Asian or South Asian (or any Asian honestly) on the national team would be great. I wonder if there are any youth prospects who could feature in the future besides Bobby Wood.

xbhaskarx

I thought the only reason Nguyen was left off the January Camp roster two years ago was because he was injured, but then Klinsmann didn't call him in after last season either, hopefully he was watching today...

The guy just loves his defensive midfielders, he tried to play 3-4 at a time for the first year and he's taken a look at plenty of fringe guys like Clark and McCarty.
Meanwhile Diskerud is only now starting to get called in fairly regularly, Feilhaber hasn't been given much of a chance, and Nguyen/Rowe have never even been mentioned by name.

DVR'd the game because I was at the Bruins playoff game. Will definitely watch later.

The Revs need to petition for a longer preseason or something

xbhaskarx

LOL Fire give up two within minutes to lose... what a shitty defense, Soumare didn't even jump off the ground on Sabo's goal.

And Sabo almost has another one but he chips it just wide lol

Terrence Boyd with another goal for Vienna this afternoon.
Poor Quakes fans. Been a rough season thus far.
The first twenty minutes were awful. Second half, from what I saw, was a little better but overall this team just isn't good enough to compete in a lot of situations. At least Wondo's still scoring.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Red Card already. Cahill got a flying kick to the nuts, that had to hurt. This is NY's game to lose at this point.

xbhaskarx

Well Eddie Johnson still hasn't done anything in 2014, not only does he have zero goals but he's mostly played like crap. So maybe Boyd or Agudelo make the roster by moving past him...

Nyx

Both broken plays, but the goals still count. :p Will be interesting to see if Klinsmann calls him in.

I hope not, which would mean Agudelo won't get a working permit in the UK, meaning he can stay at Utrecht another season.

He showed potential in his time here but unfortunately our (now former) head coach wasn't too fond of him.

xbhaskarx

Republic FC considers expansion at Cal Expo
Team draws nearly 40,000 fans for two games

Sacramento’s new pro-soccer franchise is considering enlarging its planned home field at Cal Expo in response to fan support.

The Sacramento Republic FC played their second home game Saturday in front of another huge crowd at Hughes Stadium.

Saturday night’s match at Hughes Stadium attracted 17,400 people.

The team’s first home match last weekend was a sell-out with 20,200 tickets sold.

The new Bonny Field was planned to seat 8,000 fans when it opens in June. That could leave thousands of new Republic FC fans shut out.

Team founder and president Warren Smith told KCRA 3 News that the team is considering expanding seating at Cal Expo.

“We do have the ability to do that and Cal Expo would be open to it,” said Smith. “In fact, we are meeting on Monday about, what do we do now?”

Smith said the seating design could be expanded by 50 percent, adding 4,000 seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom