• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;111663313 said:
Dammit, Klinnsman. No one is worried about Gonzalez's knee. It's his defending and passing that is worrying.

Exactly. I hope with all the defenders being called in he is considering cutting him.

With this new tv deal and cba approaching, what do you guys think the salary cap will go up to next year?

I think it will. Maybe not a whole lot, but it'll go up.

Askani

Sorry for the derail, but Holy Jesus Clarence Goodson's neck is like 2 feet long. How have I never noticed that before?

daoster

So has the hate train moved on to Omar now? ;) (I kid, I have my own reservations about the guy).

I don't think there's anyway Omar will not make the 23. But will he be the automatic starter? sounds like Brian Sciaretta was thinking that Cameron and Besler is closer to being a reality than one might think.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I would be okay with games on Fox Sports 2 if it was offered in HD. I get the channel already but I never watch anything in SD.

Meier

Sorry for the derail, but Holy Jesus Clarence Goodson's neck is like 2 feet long. How have I never noticed that before?

Hahaha, good catch. Clint Trickett (former FSU QB who is now at West Virginia) has that weirdass long neck thing going as well. He filled out a bit so it got wide too which made his head look extra small. Always tripped me out.

Clint-Face.jpg

NoRéN

Exactly. I hope with all the defenders being called in he is considering cutting him.

he seems like another of the automatic starters. Kinda would like to see cameron take his spot but then again cameron has never been able to recreate his Stoke form for the national team so there's that.

xbhaskarx

I too would have liked to see Shea for the change of pace he brings as a sub, certainly over Brad Davis... maybe if he had been playing well instead of sticking pigs heads in lockers at Stoke and flipping off fans at Burnley, he would have made the roster.

- Jeff Carlisle for ESPN: Klinsmann sends message with Johnson's exclusion
On EJ, Chandler, and Donovan as Klinsmann picks his 30

A few quotes:
“Chandler knew he had to do a lot more work to come back into our picture because of the situation that happened in Honduras and the team developing, and they did extremely well throughout last summer,” said Klinsmann. “He had to be very patient, but then he got the message, and he worked harder and he played at a very, very high level throughout the season until the knee surgery came. But I encouraged him always to keep going and he’s fully fit again.

“We scouted him many times in training and I think he’s a player that can make a difference if he’s on his highest level. He has experience playing against very good players from throughout Europe, and that’s why he earned his way back into the group.”
The Bayern Munich youngster hasn’t played a minute since separating his shoulder in the friendly against Mexico a little over a month ago, and while Klinsmann stated the player is healthy, Green’s professional experience is comprised almost exclusively of playing for Bayern’s reserve team in the German fourth division. The thinking is that Green’s ticket to Brazil is already booked in exchange for pledging his international future to the U.S. instead of Germany. Klinsmann stopped well short of saying that on Monday.

“We’ll see clearly over the next three weeks if [Green] is ready for a World Cup or not,” he said.

Hahaha, good catch. Clint Trickett (former FSU QB who is now at West Virginia) has that weirdass long neck thing going as well. He filled out a bit so it got wide too which made his head look extra small. Always tripped me out.

Clint-Face.jpg

He looks like one of the roadie creature/dudes from Brutal Legend.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I too would have liked to see Shea for the change of pace he brings as a sub, certainly over Brad Davis... maybe if he had been playing well instead of sticking pigs heads in lockers at Stoke and flipping off fans at Burnley, he would have made the roster.

It's sad when you can't even get the right team. That shows how relevant he has been...

That's a really nice crest for Orlando City

---

For the Canada bros:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...a-rights-deals-mean-match-streaming-mls-live?

In 2015, as part of the new TV broadcast partnerships, all MLS matches will be available nationally through various digital platforms (and subject to local blackout restrictions, where required).

Here are some more info:

National Broadcasts

ESPN and ESPN2 broadcasts will be streamed via the WatchESPN app.
Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 broadcasts will be streamed via the FOX Sports GO mobile app and FOXSportsGO.com for desktops
Univision Deportes broadcasts will be streamed via Univision's digital platforms and mobile apps.
Out-of-Market Package

As stated in the official announcement, the "out-of-market package, currently serviced through the MLS Live and MLS Direct Kick packages, will be available to a wider audience via ESPN3, ESPN’s live multiscreen sports network currently in more than 92 million homes, and WatchESPN, available to fans who receive their video or Internet subscription from an affiliated provider."

The out-of-market package will provide HD-quality digital access to more than 200 games each season.
ESPN3 does not require a cable subscription; any US-based MLS fan who wants the package will have access to it, regardless of internet provider.
The package will be available via multiple over-the-top services (e.g. Apple TV, Roku, etc.).
Over the coming months, MLS will work with ESPN to confirm the details of the out-of-market package, including the specific platforms on which it is offered, blackout restrictions, the availability of match archives, and potential pricing models.

In 2015, the out-of-market package may include the extension of the MLS LIVE subscription package. Then, from 2016 through 2022, the out-of-market package will reside exclusively on ESPN3.

In Canada

MLS will continue to provide access to hundreds of out-of-market games each year via the MLS LIVE package.
Beyond match streaming, MLS Digital will continue to provide a cutting-edge digital experience to fans in the USA and Canada (and beyond), including our suite of mobile apps, extensive highlights, and our exclusive curated live MatchCenter experience.

Meier

I would have liked to see us incorporate the red into the logo.. perhaps have it used as the trim around the interior of the shield rather than the white. It feels a little unfinished IMO. I like the design, but it just needed that extra pop. I hope they don't get rid of the red from the kits!

Just read these three. So good

I'm wondering where the Donovan Algeria goal ends up
I'm trying to think of what else is in there. Donovan Algeria certainly. Joe Gaetjens vs England. Paul Caligiuri's 'shot heard 'round the world'. Should be at least one from the 2002 World Cup run. Maybe Wynalda vs Switzerland in 1994.

daoster

Didn't know that Toilet was a part of the marketing campaign that produced that picture.

Didn't even know that's how the picture came about!

I feel like things have changed since 4 years ago in terms of recognition (part of the reason was that the games 4 years ago were so exciting), but it'd be interesting to see if it has truly changed. Hard to tell when you're so invested in the sport.

Portugal 30-man

Here is Portugal’s full 30-man preliminary World Cup roster:

Goalkeepers - Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Beto (Sevilha), Eduardo (SC Braga), Rui Patrício (Sporting)

Defenders - André Almeida (Benfica), Antunes (Málaga), Bruno Alves (Fenerbahçe), Fábio Coentrão (Real Madrid), João Pereira (Valência), Neto (Zenit), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valência), Rolando (Inter)

Midfielders - André Gomes (Benfica), João Mário (Vitória FC), João Moutinho (Mónaco), Miguel Veloso (D. Kiev), Raul Meireles (Fenerbahçe), Rúben Amorim (Benfica), William Carvalho (Sporting)

Forwards - Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Éder (SC Braga), Hélder Postiga (Lazio), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Ivan Cavaleiro (Benfica), Nani (Manchester United), Rafa (SC Braga), Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto), Varela (FC Porto), Vieirinha (Wolfsburg)

woodchuck

I'm trying to think of what else is in there. Donovan Algeria certainly. Joe Gaetjens vs England. Paul Caligiuri's 'shot heard 'round the world'. Should be at least one from the 2002 World Cup run. Maybe Wynalda vs Switzerland in 1994.

Looks like they're including the women's team also so Brandi chastain penalty shootout must be there .

- MLS Soccer: Sunderland boss on Jozy Altidore's debut campaign: "Something is not working for us with Jozy”
Poyet, speaking to The Football Show on SiriusXM FC 94, addressed Altidore's debut season with Sunderland on Tuesday, explaining why he thinks the 24-year-old's form with the USMNT (eight goals in 2013) has outstripped his production during his second stint in the Premier League.

“I don’t know if it’s when you feel that you are a main player. I don’t know if the pace of the game with the national team is different than England," Poyet said. "I don’t, I don’t know. Something is, of course, not working for us with Jozy.”

But clearly it would be a mistake to take that statement as an indication that Poyet has given up on his young American. On the contrary, the Uruguayan added that he appreciated Altidore's efforts this season and isn't overly worried about his future with the club.

“Every game he came on, he gave us a hand – at Stamford Bridge is an example. He was always trying his best," Poyet said. "Unfortunately, the goals didn’t come for him. But I am relaxed because if you see the power he’s got, if you see the shot – he can shoot, I can tell you that, because I see him every day. It’s just that momentum, that click that is going to be for him so important.

“But I’m quite relaxed with Jozy, to be honest. I’m one of the few. I know it’s difficult for a striker when he doesn’t score, but I like him. I like him. I like him as a boy and I like him as a player. He just couldn’t find the net. Sometimes it happens. You change clubs, and you cannot do it at one club for whatever reason.”

Looks like they're including the women's team also so Brandi chastain penalty shootout must be there .
Yup, that makes sense.

NoRéN

Sounds like Jozy needed to be humbled.

Damn, Jozy. It's not like you are a top goal scorer for Spain, Germany, and the like.

daoster

NoRéN;111815428 said:
Sounds like Jozy needed to be humbled.

Damn, Jozy. It's not like you are a top goal scorer for Spain, Germany, and the like.

You would think he learned this with his adventures in England the first time...and second division in Spain...didn't he go to Turkey too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom