• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't unless one of their primary strikers get injured in the next few weeks which is unlikely at best. Stones may replace Jones but that's probably it for England changes.

Works for me. This plus the Brek Shea rumour have me in high spirits, which is something considering I'm a TFC fan.

Azuran

Banned
All right, sweet victory. I was ready to write this one off as a loss considering we always suck more than normal everytime we play New York.

ZZMitch

Boniek Garcia hurt himself in his last game before going to Honduran camp... sad to see I hope he can play in the World Cup!

Meier

It's strange how some MLS broadcasts follow the traditional home first away second convention from soccer while others reverse it as is typical with American sports. Makes it difficult to quickly know who's at home when looking at the score.

Damn! Thought Neagle had a goal there for sure.

Dartastic

The Timbers game was nuts, I'm still not sure what happened right at the end...
Me either. What a game. The fact that we battled to a tie after all the crap that was happening when we were down a man is pretty nuts. We desperately need a new CB though. It's ridiculous. Super glad we have Adi now though. His first touch was an assist to Gaston. We need someone like him up top.

Greg Seltzer said:
It will come as little surprise, but I can now confirm that erstwhile loan employers FC Utrecht are in the crowd aiming to sign fresh free agent Juan Agudelo. There will soon be more to come about this chase and others (to be) of note. And some of the stuff I have learned about the others will surprise you a lot more. Welcome to summer, soccer fans.
Link.

UncleO

i "LOVE" our coach
all the mediocre you can handle...
John Hackworth's career MLS record with the Union as of May 18, 2014 (70 games, 85 points):
Year: W - L - T (PPG) - GF/GA
2012: 8 - 11 - 4 (1.22) - 29/31
2013: 12 - 12 - 10 (1.39) - 42/44
2014: 2 - 6 - 5 (0.85) - 15/20
Total: 22 wins, 29 losses, 19 draws (1.21) - 86/95
SMH!!!

jergrah

Did you fine gentlemen see that Obafemi Martins goal? All the shunned world cup strikers are salty and scoring. Dafoe, Martins, EJ...

GOAL: Obafemi Martins chips in from impossible an…: http://youtu.be/6Xq1BPww174

Was at the game last night -- this goal was nuts. The angle he landed it from was crazy, look on the face of the goaltender after was like "how the hell...."

Surprised that game only ended 1-0. Sounders had damn near 20 shots on goal with half of those really quality looks.

Askani

didn't get to the see the SKC match but it seems like EPB had a rough game. For those who saw him play how did he look?

I took the Cauldron bus to Chicago, so I saw him live. He looked rough. The shove for the PK was justified. Got dispossessed a couple times, but had some ok-decent possessions. Looked average on his passes. His second yellow was at the far end and I didn't get a good look at it. He definitely needs to get some upper level experience before he becomes something, or even a good backup player.

Not sure how much was nerves or lack of experience.

xbhaskarx

didn't get to the see the SKC match but it seems like EPB had a rough game. For those who saw him play how did he look?

He had some decent moments but for the most part he looked like how one might expect a CB born in 97 making his debut to look. It's hard to sugar coat a penalty and two yellow cards.
It will be interesting to see if Vermes uses him after his suspension...

xbhaskarx

When is the next ESPN documentary episode? I enjoyed the first episode.

May 13, Tuesday, 7-8 p.m.: Series premiere
May 21, Wednesday, 7-7:30 p.m.: Episode 2
May 29, Thursday, 7:30-8 p.m.: Episode 3
June 3, Tuesday, 7:30-8 p.m.: Episode 4
June 10, Tuesday, 8:30-9:30 p.m.: Episode 5
June 11, Wednesday, 9:30-10 p.m.: LIVE series finale – Epilogue

Nesotenso

yeah the injury situation left Vermes with no options. Before the season with all the attention EPB was generating I was expecting him to debut during US open cup games. This season is going to be hard for SKC fans with all the losses we have personnel wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom