• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

I'm really going to miss espn handling the World Cup in 2018. They've been great so far with the usmnt documentary. Im also watching on DVR "top 10 WC moments" that aired earlier today

I missed the LA Galaxy game tonight but it is good to see they won. Hopefully the can start to turn the season around. Keane is playing great so far this season, the only bad thing he has really done is miss his two pk shots.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm really going to miss espn handling the World Cup in 2018. They've been great so far with the usmnt documentary. Im also watching on DVR "top 10 WC moments" that aired earlier today

Well, the next two will probably be shit anyway. On top of Fox probably fucking them up, they're gonna be in Russia and Qatar. We'll be watching everything on tape delay, I can't imagine either will go well.

Meier

Last night's episode re-airs on Saturday at 1:00 Central on ABC if anyone else needs to set their DVR to record it again.

Ugh, wrecked my DVR recording :/

From what I read, I was trying to figure out why this was happening to people when it recorded fine for me but then I realized I live in NY and Dodgers/Mets was shown on the local channel. Good thing there's replays though.

The Beep Test looks awful

They do this in schools. Remember kids in my class doing it during a few gym classes when I was student teaching.

JeffreyCarlisle said:
For you beep test obsessives, it was won by Michael Bradley. Omar Gonzalez: "I think he broke the machine." #USMNT

EDIT:
I'm also told when beep test ended Michael Bradley was still going. Only happened once b4 in #USMNT history when Donovan and Hejduk did it.

- All 32 of ESPN's World Cup posters

US:
uTxLi3D.jpg

Holy fuck

So:

GK: Howard, Guzan, Rimando
DF: Beasley, Besler, Brooks, Cameron, Chandler, Gonzalez, Johnson, Yedlin
MF: Beckerman, Bedoya, Bradley, Davis, Diskerud, Green, Jones, Zusi
FW: Altidore, Dempsey, Johannsson, Wondolowski

Sack of steel balls

Here's the roster by position:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan, Tim Howard, Nick Rimando
Defenders: Beasley, Besler, Brooks, Cameron, Chandler, Gonzalez, Johnson, Yedlin
Midfielders: Beckerman, Bedoya, Bradley, Davis, Diskerud, Green, Jones, Zusi
Forwards: Altidore, Dempsey, Johannsson, Wondolowski

I'm pretty surprised by the lack of Evans too. He could slot into a lot of different spots if necessary and Klinnsman seemed to like him at back a lot.

Askani

What...the hell?!

Is he just going for raw speed? Green on the squad is crazy to me. Surprised Yedlin is there too, although I do like him.

daoster

This is the end of a fucking era. WOW.

Green was a given, because...well...everybody kinda called it.

Next week's episode of Inside US soccer will be crazy./

Am I off my gourd or does this squad have a lot of youngsters? Did he kind of write off this cup due to the group of death and just bring kids he wants to get experience for next time?

Wow, RIP LD's international career

Hope Klinnsmann got this right, because if they crash out of the group stage with 1 (or no) point, this roster is really setting him up to get second-guessed.

No shock at Green on the roster. Fully expected that a spot on the plane to Brazil was assured to him if he committed to the US squad. Not terribly upset that he's there. He has game-changing pace as a super sub and that's a valuable commodity to have.

Meier

Am I off my gourd or does this squad have a lot of youngsters? Did he kind of write off this cup due to the group of death and just bring kids he wants to get experience for next time?

Seems like there's some aspect of this. The talking point after every game will be "How would Landon Donovan have helped?" If we lose all 3, he'd probably be fired anyway, but this kind of decision makes it that much more likely. It's a big, bold move.

Askani

Jimmy Conrad ‏@JimmyConrad 7m
Just double checking my math. 1 cap, no 1st team minutes with club team > 156 caps, 5 World Cup goals, best player in U.S. history. Got it.

You tell'em, Jimmy.

CobbFC09

What...the hell?!

Is he just going for raw speed? Green on the squad is crazy to me. Surprised Yedlin is there too, although I do like him.
Roster seems to be built with 2018 in mind. Yedlin is a very young guy with a bright future, but there is no way he sees the field in Brazil.

xbhaskarx

I'm fine with the youngsters.

Brad Davis is 32 years old and has never even been 80% as good as Landan Donovan on any day of his life.

Clydefrog

I actually think Klinsi's job is safe even if we lose all three games. There will be a multitude of Klinsi-looks-lost-on-the-sidelines.gifs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom