• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal 23-man

Here is Bento’s final squad, which faces off against the USA on June 22 at Arena Amazonia in Manaus:

GOALKEEPERS: Beto (Sevilha), Eduardo (SC Braga), Rui Patrício (Sporting)

DEFENDERS: André Almeida (Benfica), Bruno Alves (Fenerbahçe), Fábio Coentrão (Real Madrid), João Pereira (Valência), Neto (Zenit), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valência)

MIDFIELDERS: João Moutinho (Mónaco), Miguel Veloso (Dynamo Kiev), Raul Meireles (Fenerbahçe), Rúben Amorim (Benfica), William Carvalho (Sporting), Rafa (SC Braga)

FORWARDS: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Éder (SC Braga), Hélder Postiga (Lazio), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Nani (Manchester United), Varela (FC Porto), Vieirinha (Wolfsburg)

Etp0bb5.jpg

Meier

I bring Michel into my team and he gets a red card and they give up a boatload of goals. Sell him and then he gets a few goals after coming back from his suspension. I finally bring him back since he has a double week coming up and he gets injured in the first game.

CougarTownAndyC'mon!.gif

I bring Michel into my team and he gets a red card and they give up a boatload of goals. Sell him and then he gets a few goals after coming back from his suspension. I finally bring him back since he has a double week coming up and he gets injured in the first game.

CougarTownAndyC'mon!.gif

Yeah I dropped him this week. Too many ups and downs. A defender who takes set pieces and PKs was too good to be true. Not saying I won't grab him again at some point down the road.

If only I hadn't already World Cupified my avatar....

140515_SPOT_Denim_KOOIMAN.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

In an interesting quirk of the schedule I noticed, this is the third straight week the Revs are playing a team who played a midweek game.

I'm glad that we at least get one Week-End game in our group.

It's hard to try to get out of work for a 2 hour lunch during a week-day.

I wish both sides the best of luck and let's make this fun

xbhaskarx

CHART: 5 Leagues Produce Over Half Of 2014 World Cup Rosters

FIFA has released the provisional rosters for the upcoming 2014 World Cup and over half of the players compete professionally in five countries.

England leads the way, with 130 of the more than 900 players named on the provisional squads currently playing for clubs in the English football leagues.

Major League Soccer, with clubs in both the United States and Canada, has 31 players set to play in the World Cup, ranking eighth overall.

01-281.png

MLS put up a World Cup bracket challenge on their website

Group Stage — 5 points for each correct prediction within the group phrase. Points are earned if the team you selected makes it out of the group stage. You do not need to correctly predict the teams ranking within the group to earn points, but the rankings predictions will affect your ability to earn points in the knock out rounds.
Round of 16 — 10 points for each correct prediction.
Quarterfinals — 25 points for each correct prediction.
Semifinals — 50 points for each correct prediction.
Third place — 100 points for correctly predicting the winner of the 3rd-place match.
Final — 100 points for correctly predicting the winner of the final.
Created a private league:
http://bracket.mlssoccer.com/group?group_id=71
Name: NeoGAF
Password: believe

Klinsmann talking to the press right now. A few highlights:

Carlisle said:
All the US players are now in camp. Jermaine Jones arrived yesterday. #USMNT

Klinsmann said he still thinks Geoff Cameron's best position is center back. #USMNT

FWIW, Terrence Boyd said he scored in yesterday's scrimmage vs. LA Galaxy II. #USMNT

DaMarcus Beaaley says he is looking to leave Puebla but has not talked to any team in MLS. #USMNT #mls

Meier

Interesting rumor that was posted on Reddit. GDS are suggesting that Robinho is trying to negotiate with Milan to get out of his contract. He would play in Brazil (possibly with Flamengo but you'd think Santos would be interested) until the end of the year and then come to Orlando sometime afterwards to begin the 2015 MLS season presumably alongside Kaka.

gutshot

Man, it really sounds like they're pushing it past the limit. I remember when I did that in High School, we always did it indoors and it was generous but people still wound up quitting. I don't even want to imagine the version of it they're doing.

The US is outclassed in talent and tactics by every other team in our group. To have at least a chance of advancing, we need to gain an edge in fitness level. With that edge, hopefully we can wear down the two European teams used to playing in cooler temps and maybe steal a draw or even a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom