• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

So they put in grass at Gillette for Portugal vs. Mexico and the Revs are going to rip it out for the Revs game Sunday, knowing that Henry and Olave don't play on turf.

Touche

Goddamit TFC. Is this how you reward your players? By trading them away? Traded Issey after he scored a bunch of goals for us and got us past Vancouver and now trade Rey who was one of our only competent dribblers. That's what you get for nutmegging Montreal I guess.

Osorio

For whoever asked before about a stream for RBNY - Cosmos

@thegoalkeeper 9m
Cosmos-Red Bulls will be the @usopencup Game of the Round free-of-charge live stream.

Everyone should read this...
Yeah, I'm in the middle of it now. It's insane.
We knew most of the broad strokes (Blazer is a corrupt scumbag but also did a lot to promote the sport while he was stealing from the till), but seeing it laid out like this is an eye-opener. It's a nice piece of investigative journalism and some good background information on the modern era of CONCACAF and US Soccer.

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 4m
Reus hobbling off the pitch with Müller-Wohlfahrt (German team doc) shaking his head. doesn't look good at all

ESPN FC ‏@ESPNFC 4m
RT. @kpsundayworld: Marco Rues crying as he leaves the field for Germany. Is that his World Cup over?? #WorldCup2014

Marco Reus hurt today

Meier

Never want anyone to get injured and all that but

2ayfkdA.gif

Meier

Is Reus even a starter on the German team?

Yeah, he was definitely going to be a starter. He was probably the best German player in the world this past season and would have (or will if it isn't as serious as assumed) played a big role for their team.

Dartastic

78pdf0O.png

+1 respect for Paulson. I said damn.
...immature as fuck, but I love it. Hahaha. That Valeri non-call was terrible, and it's ridiculous that Borg thought it was the right call.
Marco Reus hurt today
Isn't that bad? Don't we want Germany to steamroll Portugal and Ghana so we have a better chance of getting out of the group?

...Ronaldo can still be hurt for the next two weeks or so, I'm okay with that. -.-

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Looks like just a twisted ankle, who knows how bad it is though.

Back to Zusi / Bedoya on the wings tomorrow?

Hopefully. Davis works hard out there, but I'm not sure what he really brings to the table as a starter.

Well just don't call in Donovan to replace an injured Brad Davis because that would make no sense

That would just be straight up madness. Dogs and cats, living together!

Got an email from the Austin Aztex office today:

YOU ARE INVITED AS THE AUSTIN AZTEX PLAN TO MAKE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT RELATING TO THE TEAM’S FUTURE PLANS IN THe CITY

WHEN: Tuesday, June 10th, 2014. 12 p.m. C.T.

WHERE: Austin City Council Main Chamber, 301 W 2nd St., Austin, TX 78701

WHO: Rene Van De Zande, Austin Aztex Owner, President and CEO of Emergo Group

David Markley, Austin Aztex Founder and CEO, VP of Technology Development for Fallbrook Technologies

All Austin Soccer Supporters Invited

Rumors are this will announce a new purpose-built stadium deal, (known to be in the works with the city for some time now) and likely a partnership with an MLS team and elevation to at least the next level of the minors. Long-term goal of course is for Austin to get an MLS team of its own.

ZZMitch

New jersey came in the mail today! I got a Brazil 2014 sticker collection book with it as well. One of the stickers I got was Michael Bradley :D

Meier

Fuck yeah. An MLS team in Austin would be awesome.
It's probably a long way off. I would think that they'll announce movement up to USL Pro. Seems like it is far more aggressive about expansion than NASL. A new stadium would be neat but House Park is honestly fine for the team right now IMO.

hom3land

Any MLS/US Soccer related podcasts you guys could recommend me?

I like Men in Blazers but I don't have a huge interest in European leagues so I don't listen to many of their episodes.

Soccer morning is pretty good daily dose .. And he has pretty good guests.

Dartastic

I listen to the SBI Show, Men In Blazers, extratime radio, and march to the match. I can listen to that many because my job is easy and boring. Haha. Out of all of them, the SBI show is my favorite for MLS analysis because of Ives although there are... Lots of problems with the show.

Disclaimer: I love MLS

Is there an MLS that doesn't rely on "pass to winger, cross into box" offense for a majority of the game? Seems like that's all Houston is doing right now and they've been up a man the entire game.

yeah, they're actually making Mexico look good!

(but yeah, I agree. BUENO... *lick lips*)

Really wanted to see Ronaldo go to town on Mexico :(

Nesotenso

Sporting KC will have not any players left soon.

Disclaimer: I love MLS

Is there an MLS that doesn't rely on "pass to winger, cross into box" offense for a majority of the game? Seems like that's all Houston is doing right now and they've been up a man the entire game.

Really wanted to see Ronaldo go to town on Mexico :(
SKC plays an aggressive 4-3-3 with high pressing to create turnovers. But our fullbacks are encouraged to go forward and join in the attack as well. We are just having to deal with a lot of injuries. Dynamo just looked uninspired.

xbhaskarx

5 foreign born players (Jones, Brooks, Chandler, Johnson, Diskerud)

4 US born players playing for other nations (Beitashour, Miguel Ángel Ponce, Isaác Brizuela, Gōtoku Sakai)
What's weird is 3/4 were born in northern California...

Sporting KC will have not any players left soon.

SKC plays an aggressive 4-3-3 with high pressing to create turnovers. But our fullbacks are encouraged to go forward and join in the attack as well. We are just having to deal with a lot of injuries. Dynamo just looked uninspired.

That's for sure. SKC has looked like the team with more energy this entire game. Houston just doesn't seem to have much creativity right now.

5 foreign born players (Jones, Brooks, Chandler, Johnson, Diskerud)

4 US born players playing for other nations (Beitashour, Miguel Ángel Ponce, Isaác Brizuela, Gōtoku Sakai)
What's weird is 3/4 were born in northern California...

Dempsey played at Furman here in South Carolina (Guzan played at the University of South Carolina too). Besides embarrassing ourselves on national media, South Carolina has some representation on the team.

Nesotenso

That's for sure. SKC has looked like the team with more energy this entire game. Houston just doesn't seem to have much creativity right now.

our entire backline is decimated. Starting CBs are out. Besler is in the WC squad and Collin is out. Starting 2 RBs are out. We have a 17 year old at CB right now. No Zusi as well and now it seems Feilhaber is out with a separated shoulder. We are playing with a 2nd or 3rd string side right now.

Clydefrog

oh shit LOL MEXICO

they should have won this....

anyways, Portugal has a lot to work on if no Ronaldo. Nice free kick there at the end though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom