• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick nacc

Banned
I'm liking our confidence when in possession going forward. We tend to get a little clumped up at 20 yards though. Maybe intentional?

The defense looked pretty good other than a few short spells but Nigeria is more of a defensive team so I'm not sure what to take from that as far as our newest formation goes.

I have a feeling we'll see the diamond against Ghana in a wide open game and this formation when hopefully we are looking for draws against Portugal then Germany.

Nesotenso

This is a formation which is isn't going to offer much going forward. But we are looking to score quickly on counters. Definitely not the impose your will on the game type of lineup.

Jozy getting a goal was a positive. Yeah, we might see this type of lineup against Germany and Portugal.

xbhaskarx

After 2013 being our most successful year ever, we're back to the three defensive midfielders from the dire first 18 months of the Klinsmann era, just with Beckerman instead of Edu/Williams...

After supposedly "changing the style", we're back to counterattacking in our final game before the World Cup... but now without Donovan our best counterattacking player.

I need to give up on trying to understand any of this and just enjoy the games...

nick nacc

Banned
After 2013 being our most successful year ever, we're back to the three defensive midfielders from the dire first 18 months of the Klinsmann era, just with Beckerman instead of Edu/Williams...

After supposedly "changing the style", we're back to counterattacking in our final game before the World Cup... but now without Donovan our best counterattacking player.

I need to give up on trying to understand any of this and just enjoy the games...

I haven't been reading much on our strategy. But this assessment makes sense and worries me.

nick nacc

Banned
Dempsey with a decent game. I love his flair and even though it's caught up with him I love it. Zusi should start instead of Beasley. I don't understand the beckerman hate.

xbhaskarx

Nigeria look like 2010 second half Slovenia right now, just crumbling... they might as well catch the next plane back to Lagos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom