• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They said he strained it during warmups today, so it doesn't sound that bad. Who knows with a hamstring, though...

I only ask because Reus's injury looked like it wasn't too bad in the video and now he's pretty much off the squad because of it.

The group of death is claiming lives before the tournament even starts, I didn't know it was going to be named so literally.

Game day! The USMNT's last (public) friendly before the World Cup is tonight. Kickoff against Nigeria is at 6pm ET on ESPN. I probably won't be able to watch it live, but I'll catch up on DVR later. Time to get Jozy a goal, figure out the defense, and completely restructure the center midfield assignments. Should be easy, right?

Meier

I'm going to be at the X-Games tonight so I probably won't get to watch either. Maybe they'll have some TVs with it on around the COTA? I'll probably watch a little via my phone.

418860_heroa.jpg

Ronaldo & Meireles return to training camp

ASN: Jurgen Klinsmann Calls All Formation Talk "Useless"

Much has been made during this Send-Off Series about what type of formation Klinsmann will have the United States national team play. So far, there has been talk of the diamond midfield, the flat four midfield, and even if the team would revert to the 4-2-3-1 it used during much of 2013.

Klinsmann on Friday said that the discussion misses the point entirely. He stressed that the formation does not equal the style of play by insisting that if the team is comfortable with each other, it should not matter.

“I think there are pros and cons with every system but it doesn't really matter what shape we have or what system we have,” Klinsmann said. “It matters how we kind of connect with one another on the field. “

“We defend as a whole unit and we move forward and keep it compact no matter what shape it has in that instance,” he added. “We can easily adjust to a 4-4-2 diamond. We can go from a diamond into a flat midfield four. We can go into a 4-2-3-1 which becomes a 4-3-3.”

Meier

Nice to see Palmer-Brown played the full 90 for SKC. Wasn't playing him on my fantasy team sadly but the more the play him, the quicker he can get into the USMNT.

Heads up, I was scrolling through the listings to record the opening game next week, and saw that the US-Algeria game from the last World Cup is airing on ESPN2 at 6AM (I'm on Eastern Time, FWIW) on Thursday.

I'm on the fence if I want Jozy to score today or not. His work rate has been so excellent as of late. Maybe he should go unto Brazil like a prize fighter that has been celibate through months of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom