• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

They look like Klansmen crossed with Pyramid head.

Are they trying to do a Klasmen -> Klinsmann thing? Because that doesn't work.

Dartastic

Seems like every game Portland is happy just to equalize at home and get a point...
I'm sick of it, personally. Our backline is a fucking mess. Thankfully we're looking to bring a DP CB during the transfer window. Thank GOD. Hopefully that's the last we've seen of Rashawn McKenzie. Dude should not be starting.
What happened at tge end there
Dallas unraveled like a ball of yarn, and the ref wasn't shit. After the game officially ended, Fabian Castillo apparently rushed the 4th official and made physical contact. Not cool.
Exciting precursor to the World Cup. That game showed just about everything good and bad in the sport today.
Yep. That game was a clusterfuck.

woodchuck

Anyone watching the WC preview on espn2? Loving the production. Looks like they'll also have a World Cup special nightly to recap the days action

Daigoro

Well then the good news is you get Roberto Martinez now, with Bob Ley running the show. The bad news, Lalas, Twellman...

18mk7hqrbua9ggif.gif

Meier

Sonuva! Bill Hamid didn't even play last night and Michel is still injured. He's cost me like 0.7 in value and it looks like they don't cut your loss in half as opposed to cutting gains in half. -_______-

- Sky Sports: Transfer news: John Brooks wanted by host of Premier League clubs
A host of Premier League clubs are battling to land American starlet John Brooks, Sky Sports understands.

The 21-year-old central defender was born and raised in Berlin and came through the youth tanks at his local club Hertha, before rejecting a move to Bayern Munich when he was a teenager.

He made his debut for Hertha in 2012 and has since became an integral part of their first-team squad.

Brooks represented both USA and Germany at youth level before deciding to commit his international future to America.

Now he is set to feature at the World Cup finals and a number of Premier League clubs are poised to make a move.

Sky Sports understands Aston Villa, Stoke City, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle are all ready to swoop for Brooks, who has three years left on his current deal at the Olympic Stadion.

There is also interest from elsewhere in the Bundesliga and France, but Sky Sports understands that Brooks would like to continue his career in England.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well I don't want any excuse if we do win.

There will be an excuse if we win and he does play. "Oh he was injured, he wasn't at 100%". Just like if Argentina loses a game, they'll be all "Messi didn't do enough, he should have scored more than twice, he doesn't love us enough".

I love the world cup but god sometimes soccer is just do hard to defend. Sitting here watching the game at work with people with some of their first major exposure to a high level game and all any can make is ref and flop jokes. And they aren't wrong. No replay on major plays is just a joke in 2014 and such terrible reffing will prevent the sport from ever really taking off here. It'll be especially bad when usa inevitably gets the Croatia treatment

ZZMitch

We may not have the best team in the world but I enjoy the feeling of having a really strong goalkeeper minding the net. Especially after watching the opening game today.

Bogus penalty too...

Osorio

I love the world cup but god sometimes soccer is just do hard to defend. Sitting here watching the game at work with people with some of their first major exposure to a high level game and all any can make is ref and flop jokes. And they aren't wrong. No replay on major plays is just a joke in 2014 and such terrible reffing will prevent the sport from ever really taking off here. It'll be especially bad when usa inevitably gets the Croatia treatment

That's why it's best not to expose non-believers with big tournaments. If the stakes are high so are the money bags and the flopping means so much more.

We may not have the best team in the world but I enjoy the feeling of having a really strong goalkeeper minding the net. Especially after watching the opening game today.

Bogus penalty too...
Howard could have stopped two of those goals. A good goalkeeper is vastly underappreciated.

One could argue for all three but I wont be greedy. Oscar's might have been better than the two small clips I saw in the bar

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL HOST!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/2804v6/according_to_jorge_ramos_fifa_called_us_soccer_to/

I WANT TO BELIEVE

If we were Croatia what do you think the score would've been?

I say 2-0 US

I think we could have taken either team. No way Brazil wins this whole thing playing the way they just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom