• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What a turnaround there. What looked like a penalty for Chicago goes uncalled, NYC goes right down the pitch, goal for Mix.

pxleyes

Banned
As an Orlando City fan, my arms are thrown into the air. No offense still, down 2-0 at home with 60k in the stands, and kaka and other regulars are out on opening day.

Not that I was expecting anything different, but holy hell this Quakes-Rapids game is terribad. Fouls all over the place, no offense, etc...

Not the worst first half for the Union. Much much better than last year against Colorado. Dallas is ridiculously good and our back 4 are fairly inexperienced so being down 1-0 isn't terrible.

There's definitely something to build around though and with Earnie Stewart at the helm we should be progressing pretty quickly

Cystm

Mix and his cousin Tommy Mac scored two incredible goals. Not much any keeper let alone a rookie could've done there. Unfortunately our backline looked like hot garbage out there. Meira kicking Harrison in the head, Kappelhof feeding Villa, Vincent being out paced by Shelton. They looked better in preseason, so maybe it's just the pressure of opening day, but shit is otherwise grim.

This is a real cf97 stat btw:

cf97 have never won (outside of the first game in 98) while debuting 4 or more players in one game

Accam is going to score so many goals this year though.

ALSO, PUT THAT MAN MIX ON YOUR FANTASY TEAM TOO!

Cystm

Columbus are in those crayola kits.

wEFUkll.png
wEFUkll.png
wEFUkll.png

My Red Bulls undefeated streak is over. :'(

Despite the loss, Baah was great in his debut. I just wish they put away some of their chances. They had Toronto on the ropes numerous times. I don't know who gave Giovinco the penalty since I was on the other side of RBA though. I wanna say Zubar.

Cystm

Ousted is off it. Very unexpected performance from the guy that has been so consisntent for them.

And they bring one back before the half. 2 - 1.

Top Bottom