• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My Red Bulls undefeated streak is over. :'(

Despite the loss, Baah was great in his debut. I just wish they put away some of their chances. They had Toronto on the ropes numerous times. I don't know who gave Giovinco the penalty since I was on the other side of RBA though. I wanna say Zubar.

It was Lawrence.

Meier

What an end to the Orlando City game. Crazy.

Loved that WatchESPN Soccer Sunday thing that was going on. I hope they do that all the time.

Cystm

NziFaMs.jpg

Mully

Metro had a rough game in the offensive third yesterday. I was surprised with how fancy we tried to be with our finishing. Too many touches and too many passes. That said, I was impressed with our buildup and our defense. Baah looked faster than I expected and Zubar continued to improve since returning to the backline in the playoffs last year.

Things looked good with a bad result yesterday, so I'm hopeful we'll do better against Montreal.

Metro had a rough game in the offensive third yesterday. I was surprised with how fancy we tried to be with our finishing. Too many touches and too many passes. That said, I was impressed with our buildup and our defense. Baah looked faster than I expected and Zubar continued to improve since returning to the backline in the playoffs last year.

Things looked good with a bad result yesterday, so I'm hopeful we'll do better against Montreal.

Agreed. I think Baah was the only one who actually attempted a shot, albeit wide. Rest of them tried to be fancy in the box.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Agreed. I think Baah was the only one who actually attempted a shot, albeit wide. Rest of them tried to be fancy in the box.

BWP had the ball in the box a few times, I was shocked he never even tried to shoot.

Sam had a good shot, I thought he had it, but it went over the bar.

I was actually impressed with how much Toronto's defense has improved since last season.

BWP had the ball in the box a few times, I was shocked he never even tried to shoot.

Sam had a good shot, I thought he had it, but it went over the bar.

I was actually impressed with how much Toronto's defense has improved since last season.

Agreed on BWP. He had a few good opportunities. Sam's shot, I don't remember.

As for Toronto's defense, they bent but didn't break. They faced a lot of pressure, especially in the second half.

Askani

So I was pretty impressed with our club bar for the watch party yesterday.

http://nootherpubkc.com/

Behind the brick and glass wall to the left is more seating and a large bar. They have a few video and pinball games, beer pong tables, ping pong tables, 4 bowling lanes, and a full golf simulator game and other stuff. Lost of seating and pretty decent food, and right in the middle of Power and Light where all the soccer watch parties are. I was hoping this is what they were opening in Portland with the Double Post bar, but it's really just a big stadium concession stand as far as I'm aware. Is there another team doing "club bars" that I'm not aware of? If not they should because it seems like a no brainer.

Mully

As for Toronto's defense, they bent but didn't break. They faced a lot of pressure, especially in the second half.

Toronto's defense was great at recovering, but they made a ton of mistakes with their possession. They must have lost possession of the ball at least 20 times inside their defensive third. I believe if NY executed on one of those interceptions at the end of the first half, they would have easily won.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Sam's shot was in like the 30th minute, after a give and go with BWP. We just needed better finishing is all.

Mully

It's Dempsey's 33rd birthday today. I wonder how much he has left in the tank.

He's been a lightning bolt for the USMNT for 6 years. It's gonna be a shame when he leaves after Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the WC roster as well.

- Bedoya and his girlfriend, an atheltic trainer, talk about meeting CRonaldo in a new column for SI
U.S. men's national team midfielder Alejandro Bedoya and his girlfriend and professional athletic trainer Beatrice Hilland are a unique couple with unique life experiences and a strong sense of humor. Between Bedoya's exploits on the field for the U.S., Nantes and a few prior clubs, and Hilland's work training top athletes in Europe and Scandinavia, they each have interesting insight to share.

In an effort to lift the lid on some of their experiences–and laughs–and give a glimpse of their lives off the field, they have combined to tell some of their tales and tips with SI.com. The following is what happened when they encountered Cristiano Ronaldo on vacation in Miami–not too long after Ronaldo had some fun at Bedoya's expense at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Worth a quick read, if only for the video at the very end.

Top Bottom